PDA

View Full Version : July is that time of the year

Coach34
06-29-2013, 10:59 AM
where I put my Phil Steele hat on and break down the SEC. Let's get ready to argue some football for the next month as we lead into August practice

Pollodawg
06-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Sweet. Football season is all but upon us.

I seen it dawg
06-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Another reason our cws run was great. It got us all the way thru June and cut off a month to football.

Dallas_Dawg
06-29-2013, 12:16 PM
The sooner it gets here, the sooner the bears will be brought back down to earth. Everybody is writing us off as well, but I can't wait to see our hard hitting defense return this year. Tyler Russell is going to bounce back as well.
I like being the underdogs

Coach34
06-29-2013, 12:21 PM
What I plan to do is have a team broken down for a certain day- and then we will use that thread to discuss them and their schedule. We'll start with the East and then move to the West...be ready to predict their record and such- but it wont be justa prediction thread, want some banter on strengths and weaknesses, etc. We'll save them all in another forum for later viewing

We'll start the Monday after the 4th

War Machine Dawg
06-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Will we have prediction threads, like the Pack does? Always fun to play Swami and see who got the closest.

Coach34
06-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Will we have prediction threads, like the Pack does? Always fun to play Swami and see who got the closest.

That's essentially what we will doing in each team thread- make your prediction and discuss each team.

FlabLoser
06-29-2013, 04:28 PM
What I plan to do is have a team broken down for a certain day- and then we will use that thread to discuss them and their schedule. We'll start with the East and then move to the West...be ready to predict their record and such- but it wont be justa prediction thread, want some banter on strengths and weaknesses, etc. We'll save them all in another forum for later viewing

We'll start the Monday after the 4th

Awesome. I look forward to this.

CadaverDawg
06-29-2013, 08:38 PM
That's essentially what we will doing in each team thread- make your prediction and discuss each team.

Sounds great. One suggestion that I would love to see...

On SPS, there are constantly prediction threads and preseason prognosticators, etc...but rarely does anyone bump them back up or bring them up as a topic after each season. Maybe we could incorporate a small amount of VCash, since it won't cost the board any real money, to the closest poster on each team prediction? That way we will be sure to take a look back and see how close we all were on our thoughts and predictions.

Just a thought.

Coach34
06-29-2013, 08:48 PM
I'll list the over/under win totals set by Vegas for people to jump on in August. Make sure and remind me

CadaverDawg
06-29-2013, 10:01 PM
I'll list the over/under win totals set by Vegas for people to jump on in August. Make sure and remind me

Will do. Thanks