PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Hudson

ZedFedder
04-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Why isn't he playing more of a role? One of the few, perhaps the only, players that can gun it mid 90s. There was so much hype around him and for two years he's been a non factor. He's barely pitched at all this year.

For all I know he may not be ready and it would be a disaster. But it seems our high level guys never seem to complete their game at State.

I seen it dawg
04-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Hmmmm....high level guys not reaching any potential...but our team era is awesome

War Machine Dawg
04-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Shhhh....we have to keep running Captain Clown Mitchell out there to get shelled. We're asking too much to get more than 1 season out of our high level players.

maroonmania
04-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Yep, for all the praise Butch gets there are a lot of high value pitchers that come through our program that either don't develop under him at all or we only get one productive year.

GreenheadDawg
04-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Yep, for all the praise Butch gets there are a lot of high value pitchers that come through our program that either don't develop under him at all or we only get one productive year.

I don't know if yall have heard but butch is the best pitching coach in the country?**

Homedawg
04-04-2015, 05:41 PM

I don't know who the high value guys are that haven't developed at all, but we have had a couple that we haven't gotten more than a year or so out of.

engie
04-04-2015, 06:34 PM
8th best era in the country over 5 years -- only MSU fans would be bitching. Because Perfect Game rankings obviously are a scientific truth and Butch is just a dumbass that can't develop anybody**

mstatefan91
04-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Go take a look at the pitchers from our program who have gone pro just in the past 3 years. Then just shut up

maroonmania
04-04-2015, 07:27 PM
8th best era in the country over 5 years -- only MSU fans would be bitching. Because Perfect Game rankings obviously are a scientific truth and Butch is just a dumbass that can't develop anybody**

All I'm saying is that it seems some pitchers do well under Butch and some don't. I think that's a fair assessment.

maroonmania
04-04-2015, 07:32 PM
I don't know who the high value guys are that haven't developed at all, but we have had a couple that we haven't gotten more than a year or so out of.

I'm talking guys like Devin Jones, Brandon Woodruff, Evan Mitchell, etc. Guys that were talented enough to get drafted out of our program but gave us almost nothing in the way of production. As you stated, there is another list of guys that we got one good year out of.

engie
04-04-2015, 07:53 PM
All I'm saying is that it seems some pitchers do well under Butch and some don't. I think that's a fair assessment.

When you are 8th best in the country at something over that length of time -- with our inherent disadvantages both in scholarships available and our academic reputation -- and the shitshow of a reputation in baseball circles that Russ McNickle left us with(the general public doesn't EVEN begin to know) -- you ain't missing on much. Yeah -- some of the "elite" guys, who were basically only assessed that way by Gene and/or Kendall Rogers(who didn't get drafted decently out of HS outside of Woodruff who had arm trouble with us) haven't panned out. But it's hard as hell to bitch about when the total sum of the parts = #8 nationally in ERA -- and I'm willing to bet better than that in WHIP -- take us to the brink in a season with one reliable starter -- and have consistently piece-mealed a staff together that hasn't EVER been "complete" under this regime yet.

My point is that our fanbase is our own worst enemy. If you are Butch Thompson -- and you are widely regarded as one of the absolute best pitching coaches in the game(WIDELY regarded) -- why would you want to stick around and put up with our fans bitching because you put about 8 guys in the show the past 3 years, have had bad luck with injuries, and are seeing a year of growing pains -- after being NATIONALLY ELITE for 4 straight years? The fact is -- NOTHING is ever going to make you happy -- if you aren't happy enough with what he's accomplished here to give him a free pass for a transition season.

engie
04-04-2015, 07:57 PM
I'm talking guys like Devin Jones, Brandon Woodruff, Evan Mitchell, etc. Guys that were talented enough to get drafted out of our program but gave us almost nothing in the way of production. As you stated, there is another list of guys that we got one good year out of.

#8 nationally. Over 5 years. Want to go through the teams above us in terms of lottery states, academic reputations, etc? We do more with less than anyone in the country on the hill.

Breaking it down how you are comes off as just bitching for the sake of bitching. Would I love to have a Nola/Beede that is day 1 elite for 3 years? Absolutely I would and have clamored for it before. But it's a stretch to complain about guys that didn't work out while the staff is considered nationally elite and the pitching coach was national assistant of the year THIS PAST SEASON...

ZedFedder
04-04-2015, 08:05 PM
I'm not complaining about Butch. I think he is fantastic, that is obvious. But there have been some guys that had obvious talent just by eye observations that didn't pan out. I'm not complaining, its just been true. Now, on the other hand, you have the people like Stratton, Holder, Pirtle, Girodo who weren't that highly rated and turned into fantastic players.

Homedawg
04-04-2015, 08:07 PM

Woodruff was the only "high" guy. Mitchell was a butch find. He didn't throw that hard when we found him. He had a great upside. But was never ever a high prospect. Jones either.

Homedawg
04-04-2015, 08:09 PM
I think the fact that girodo turned into a stud, holder a stud. And Lindgren and graveman on the mlb doorstep probably says enough. But maybe not for this board. Which, again says enough about this board too- clueless.

Todd4State
04-04-2015, 08:13 PM

Devin Jones could throw hard. He was your typically backwoods country guy that could throw 90+ but had no clue how to pitch. He still has no clue even after a few years in pro ball.

Woodruff was pitching with a broken arm- and was treated unfairly by some of our fans. (Called a headcase, bust, sucked, etc.) If anything we saved his career because the one baseball injury I have yet to see a pitcher come back from is a broken humerus. Youtube worst baseball injury ever- and you will Tony Saunders break his arm in half. That's what we saved Woodruff from.

Evan Mitchell is a goofball. Has a MLB caliber fastball, but I don't think he's serious enough to succeed past the minors.

Pretty tough to criticize Butch for those guys. When you are rebuilding- which we were when those guys were being recruited- it's hard to get a guy like Paul Maholm to come to campus. When we are just now starting to see the benefits of what we have been doing with the guys that are about to come in.

Todd4State
04-04-2015, 08:15 PM
I think the fact that girodo turned into a stud, holder a stud. And Lindgren and graveman on the mlb doorstep probably says enough. But maybe not for this board. Which, again says enough about this board too- clueless.

And I bet Girodo gets a chance at MLB at some point in the net two years as well.

State82
04-04-2015, 08:17 PM
Another thing you must keep in mind with several of those guys. Butch is a PITCHING COACH, not a PSYCHOLOGIST. And that is what some of them needed. #headcase

Todd4State
04-04-2015, 08:21 PM
All of this said, I don't understand why Hudson isn't getting more of a chance. I get that he has some numbers that are "red flags"- 7 hits allowed in 6 IP, teams hitting .292 against him (which is better than Ross and only 11 points worse than Daniel Brown- both of whom have had multiple chances to fail).

That said, Hudson has 11 K's to only 1 walk in 6 IP and of the seven hits that he has allowed, he has only allowed two extra base hits- and both were doubles. His ERA doesn't look great at 3.00- but he has allowed only 2 runs in a small sample size.

Homedawg
04-04-2015, 08:27 PM
All of this said, I don't understand why Hudson isn't getting more of a chance. I get that he has some numbers that are "red flags"- 7 hits allowed in 6 IP, teams hitting .292 against him (which is better than Ross and only 11 points worse than Daniel Brown- both of whom have had multiple chances to fail).

That said, Hudson has 11 K's to only 1 walk in 6 IP and of the seven hits that he has allowed, he has only allowed two extra base hits- and both were doubles. His ERA doesn't look great at 3.00- but he has allowed only 2 runs in a small sample size.
Well a couple things, one who he has pitched against. Second, he can't get our hitters out in intersquad. And clearly, his bullpens haven't lit the world up. while he throws harder than anyone we have, it has no movement. None

State82
04-04-2015, 08:32 PM
while he throws harder than anyone we have, it has no movement. None

I keep hearing this same issue too. That won't cut it at this level if true.

maroonmania
04-04-2015, 08:48 PM
#8 nationally. Over 5 years. Want to go through the teams above us in terms of lottery states, academic reputations, etc? We do more with less than anyone in the country on the hill.

Breaking it down how you are comes off as just bitching for the sake of bitching. Would I love to have a Nola/Beede that is day 1 elite for 3 years? Absolutely I would and have clamored for it before. But it's a stretch to complain about guys that didn't work out while the staff is considered nationally elite and the pitching coach was national assistant of the year THIS PAST SEASON...

First, you have a low threshold on "bitching". I'm certainly not bitching and definitely support Butch as our pitching coach. The OP asked about Dakota and my response is that there are a certain number of pitchers that have not developed well under Butch even though they were talented and MLB baseball still wanted them in the end (the 3 I mentioned that didn't produce in our program all left as drafted JRs). Doesn't mean he's not a good pitching coach or hasn't gotten us overall very good results (though I am a little concerned about what this different baseball is going to do to our pitching stats given what we've seen so far this year), just means that if Hudson or McCord or whoever doesn't become all they were touted to be coming into our program out of HS then you shouldn't be shocked. Its happened before and will likely happen again. But yes, if we stay overall productive on the mound I'm willing to live with that because there have been guys like a Kendall Graveman, Girodo and others who were not highly touted that blossomed under Butch even though it took a while.

MsStateBaseball
04-04-2015, 08:49 PM
He still has control issues and yes he throws straight. They hit him hard sometimes. He needs to keep working.

Todd4State
04-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Well a couple things, one who he has pitched against. Second, he can't get our hitters out in intersquad. And clearly, his bullpens haven't lit the world up. while he throws harder than anyone we have, it has no movement. None

He did fine against South Carolina today. Heck, he was better than anyone else today.

It doesn't matter what his bullpens look like if he keeps performing in game.

If you throw hard, you can afford to have a little bit less movement- especially in short stints out of the bullpen.

War Machine Dawg
04-04-2015, 08:52 PM

Yep. Brandon Woodruff is the poster child for high ceiling guys who never developed. And Chris Stratton is the same for the One Good Year group.

Todd4State
04-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Yep. Brandon Woodruff is the poster child for high ceiling guys who never developed. And Chris Stratton is the same for the One Good Year group.

Butch couldn't develop a guy with a broken arm? FIRE BUTCH!!!!**

Homedawg
04-04-2015, 08:56 PM
He did fine against South Carolina today. Heck, he was better than anyone else today.

If you throw hard, you can afford to have a little bit less movement- especially in short stints out of the bullpen.

He had a k a hit and a dp. And the game wasn't on the line. And unless u are 95+, all no movement does is get u slaughtered. Trust me, I faced all types and can tell you which matters.

Homedawg
04-04-2015, 08:57 PM

So you named 2. Congrats. And Stratton was decent his fr year, but we had to pitch him more than necessary because we had nobody else

Homedawg
04-04-2015, 08:59 PM

Sooooooo you think he can throw like shit in a bullpen w no batter and kill it in a game? W no movement and a below avg breaking ball? Come on.

War Machine Dawg
04-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Butch couldn't develop a guy with a broken arm? FIRE BUTCH!!!!**

http://i.imgur.com/h2KQnub.gif

Todd4State
04-04-2015, 09:13 PM
Sooooooo you think he can throw like shit in a bullpen w no batter and kill it in a game? W no movement and a below avg breaking ball? Come on.

Ever see someone that was better in a real game that sucked in practice? I value what someone does in a real game over the bullpen.

He's better than Daniel Brown right now- and Brown keeps getting chance after chance after chance.

Homedawg
04-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Ever see someone that was better in a real game that sucked in practice? I value what someone does in a real game over the bullpen.

He's better than Daniel Brown right now- and Brown keeps getting chance after chance after chance.

He's better than Daniel brown and you know that how? Because of today? ...as for the bullpen vs a game, sure, but not after he gets shelled all fall and spring. So no. Not him. His chances besides against valley or who the f ever haven't been good either.

I seen it dawg
04-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Hudson has been garbage. Brown has 1 better outing than him. They both need more seasoning. Don't give a shit how hard they throw. They aren't game ready. Both of them could add something huge for us next year but it will be next year.

Todd4State
04-04-2015, 09:50 PM
He's better than Daniel brown and you know that how? Because of today? ...as for the bullpen vs a game, sure, but not after he gets shelled all fall and spring. So no. Not him. His chances besides against valley or who the f ever haven't been good either.

Because of how both have performed this season. Look at the SEC stats of Brown and Hudson- which is a relevant comparison because both have the same amount of IP in the same league.

Hudson- 4.50 ERA 2 IP, 3 hits allowed, 1 run allowed 4 K's, 0 walks, teams are hitting .333

Brown- 13.50 ERA 2 IP, 7 hits allowed, 3 earned runs allowed (8 total), 3 K's, 3 walks, teams are hitting .583 against him.

You know as well as I do that Hudson struggled with back issues in the fall. When you can't follow through, you're going to leave pitches up and even our JUCO all-stars are going to rip that.

Hudson has had 6 appearances- and he dominated lesser competition- Cincinnati, and Alcorn, did well against a decent Samford team, had his worst outing against San Diego in a game where everyone else in the pen melted down which are weighing Hudson's stats down, and then allowed a run against UK and did fine today.

Todd4State
04-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Hudson has been garbage. Brown has 1 better outing than him. They both need more seasoning. Don't give a shit how hard they throw. They aren't game ready. Both of them could add something huge for us next year but it will be next year.

Brown is a talented pitcher. His issue is he has to learn to let something that doesn't go his way go- like giving up a hit or a home run. He has to learn how to move past that and go get the next hitter.

I seen it dawg
04-04-2015, 09:59 PM
More seasoning

preachermatt83
04-04-2015, 11:02 PM

#NailedIt

CadaverDawg
04-04-2015, 11:22 PM
Hudson's flat 95 ain't gonna get shelled any worse than Ross's flat 75, yet we keep trotting goof troop out there to take a beating. Give Hudson some innings (like Brown, Ross, Houston, etc) and he may surprise. Again, no reason not to at this point, bc he can't be worse than what we're sending out there game after game.

Homedawg
04-05-2015, 12:03 AM
Hudson's flat 95 ain't gonna get shelled any worse than Ross's flat 75, yet we keep trotting goof troop out there to take a beating. Give Hudson some innings (like Brown, Ross, Houston, etc) and he may surprise. Again, no reason not to at this point, bc he can't be worse than what we're sending out there game after game.

That may be true, but don't you think Ross sort of earned his innings????? Just maybe? Hudson hasn't earned crap except getting shelled in the fall and spring. McCord has an arm issue, so he's out for now or maybe the year. Don't know some speculation on the year. But I'm just tired of all the Hudson ass kissing. He more than has his shot a year ago. Just like sexton. Sexton improved, hudson hasn't. I'm not sayin I'm done w hudson, but I'm on butch's side on this one. All day.

Todd4State
04-05-2015, 12:34 AM
That may be true, but don't you think Ross sort of earned his innings????? Just maybe? Hudson hasn't earned crap except getting shelled in the fall and spring. McCord has an arm issue, so he's out for now or maybe the year. Don't know some speculation on the year. But I'm just tired of all the Hudson ass kissing. He more than has his shot a year ago. Just like sexton. Sexton improved, hudson hasn't. I'm not sayin I'm done w hudson, but I'm on butch's side on this one. All day.

But again, that is very explainable by Hudson's back injury setting him back. It's not like people are advocating that Hudson should start over Tatum or Sexton. Most of us want Dakota to give us an inning or two out of the bullpen on the weekend. Which given our bullpens struggles would be extremely helpful given Ross and Daniel Brown's struggles.

Even with Hudson's injury and everything, he has made progress over last year. His walks are way down and even in limited playing time he has already exceeded his strike out total from last year. And even with his freshman growing pains, he still managed to have a lower ERA than Sexton and Tatum last year. So, it's hard to say that he blew his opportunity while Sexton and Tatum were just obviously better. Because they weren't.

Honestly, to me it sounds like Dakota would sign an autograph for your kid or something. Or even worse- Butch doesn't like him on a personal level or something which I hope isn't the case given Hudson's upside.

JohnnyQuid
04-05-2015, 02:50 AM

Was about to post something to this effect. I'll take flat 95 over flat 80, especially if you aren't walking ppl.

CadaverDawg
04-05-2015, 09:45 AM

Ross "earned" the right to get a bunch of chances this year. He's gotten them, and he is no longer even close to effective with the new seams. He hasn't earned the right to go out there and lose SEC games just because of what he did in the past. Nobody should ever be able to earn the right to go out and hurt the team time after time when we need wins in a major way. I don't blame Ross, I blame John and Butch. What Ross "earned" ended before SEC play started. Teams are hitting over .400 against him, and we're now about halfway through SEC play.....if it hasn't happened yet, it ain't gonna happen for Ross this year.

On the other side, what has Daniel Brown earned that Dakota Hudson Hasnt? What about Houston? Are we still giving Gentry innings because he had one good outing against Mizzou two years ago? Hudson is getting screwed. And now it's starting to hurt the team, BC Ross should have never been trotted out there yesterday.

I'm tired of all these practice heroes getting valuable playing time over guys that could possibly help us, but might have gotten hit a little in a scrimmage. Ross, D Brown, Gentry, Houston, should not see an SEC game again this year. Hudson, McCord, Young, Mintz, and Whoever our 4th starter is, should see all SEC bullpen action going forward. Trotting Ross out there is not only hurting the team, it is also not helping a bit in terms of developing pitching for next year. Hudson may never pan out, but giving him Ross's innings can't possibly be a downgrade at this point.

Oh, and as for the "butt kissing of Hudson". I don't see a lot of butt kissing....I see a lot of people that know good and Damn well that Hudson can't possibly be worse than Ross, Ross is a Senior, and Hudson has tons of talent but is getting no experience. You can be on Butch's side, but Butch is now officially wrong on the Ross Mitchell situation. Every single time he runs Ross out there from this point forward in SEC play, he is making a mistake. Do we have to have a year worth of Ross getting shelled in order for his "earned right to pitch" to expire? What's the statute of limitations on his earned right to pitch? Does it end once he officially helps keep us out of the postseason, or when the final out is recorded of the season?

Hudson Hasnt earned much, but hell, Daniel Brown Hasnt earned a damn thing either and he's probably already logged more innings than Dakota in his career. Why? Is his 13.00 ERA something that earns more playing time? Is it because he looks like Lindgren? Because he sure as hell doesn't pitch like him.

I'm just sick to death of us losing games without even putting our best players on the field. We had a chance to sweep, and get the season turned around, and we ran Ross Mitchell out there to get shelled when we had arguably our best pitcher (Sexton) rested and ready, and a full 8 innings left to play. How that doesn't make everyone's blood boil, I'll never understand.

msstate7
04-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Ross' sec only stats:

8.44 era 10.2 ip 10 er 16 h 4 walks .421 ba 3 k's

Ross has faced 38 batters. Of the 38, 20 (16 h + 4 walks) reached base. That means batters are reaching at a .526 clip.

Simply put, Ross has been terrible. Sorry kid, your season should be over before you ruin your legacy

CadaverDawg
04-05-2015, 11:08 AM
Ross' sec only stats:

8.44 era 10.2 ip 10 er 16 h 4 walks .421 ba 3 k's

Ross has faced 38 batters. Of the 38, 20 (16 h + 4 walks) reached base. That means batters are reaching at a .526 clip.

Simply put, Ross has been terrible. Sorry kid, your season should be over before you ruin your legacy

Exactly. Nothing he's done in the past has earned him the right to anymore innings with those numbers.

What are Hudson's numbers in comparison?

msstate7
04-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Exactly. Nothing he's done in the past has earned him the right to anymore innings with those numbers.

What are Hudson's numbers in comparison?

Hudson sec only stats:

4.50 era 2.0 ip 1 er 3 h 0 bb .333 ba 4 k's

Hudson has 9 batters and 3 (3 hits) have reached. Batters are getting on base at .333

The k rate sticks out to me...

Ross has k'd 3 of 38 batters faced = 7.9%

Hudson has k'd 4 of 9 batters faced = 44.4%

Dog316
04-05-2015, 07:18 PM

^^^***
Certainly not all MSU fans. Just the narcissists. Butch is an excellent coach and the stats show it.

CadaverDawg
04-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Hudson sec only stats:

4.50 era 2.0 ip 1 er 3 h 0 bb .333 ba 4 k's

Hudson has 9 batters and 3 (3 hits) have reached. Batters are getting on base at .333

The k rate sticks out to me...

Ross has k'd 3 of 38 batters faced = 7.9%

Hudson has k'd 4 of 9 batters faced = 44.4%

Interesting. I'd be willing to bet that Hudson's stats are better than pretty much everybody in our bullpen not named Mintz and maybe Fitts. Yet he hasn't "earned" playing time the way Ross, D Brown, Houston, Gentry, etc have.**

Frustrating

Todd4State
04-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Interesting. I'd be willing to bet that Hudson's stats are better than pretty much everybody in our bullpen not named Mintz and maybe Fitts. Yet he hasn't "earned" playing time the way Ross, D Brown, Houston, Gentry, etc have.**

Frustrating

Yeah- I'm at the point where our top three guys are Fitts, Mintz, and really it should be Tatum third....and then Hudson/Houston/Young in the second group.

CadaverDawg
04-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Yeah- I'm at the point where our top three guys are Fitts, Mintz, and really it should be Tatum third....and then Hudson/Houston/Young in the second group.

In SEC play, these should be the only guys to pitch....
Start:
Laster
Brown
Sexton

Main bullpen guy in a tight SEC game:
Tatum

Other bullpen guys in close SEC games:
Fitts
Mintz

Bullpen guys in SEC Games that aren't too close:
Hudson
Young
McCord(if healthy)

Midweek ONLY (NO SEC ACTION):
Ross
Gentry
Houston
D Brown

That's how I see it anyway.

Todd4State
04-05-2015, 08:42 PM
In SEC play, these should be the only guys to pitch....
Start:
Laster
Brown
Sexton

Main bullpen guy in a tight SEC game:
Tatum

Other bullpen guys in close SEC games:
Fitts
Mintz

Bullpen guys in SEC Games that aren't too close:
Hudson
Young
McCord(if healthy)

Midweek ONLY (NO SEC ACTION):
Ross
Gentry
Houston
D Brown

That's how I see it anyway.

I would like to use Tatum out of the pen twice if possible- on Friday and Sunday and then Fitts on Saturday.

CadaverDawg
04-05-2015, 08:42 PM
If we had won yesterday, we would be 6-6 and all alone in 3rd in the West after this awful start. And we had the perfect chance, but instead of throwing a capable pitcher like Sexton, we ran Mitchell and his 8.00 ERA out there to lose a crucial game. Now we're in a tie with Ark and OM at 5-7. That would have been a huge win, especially with the schedule we have coming up.

CadaverDawg
04-05-2015, 08:43 PM
I would like to use Tatum out of the pen twice if possible- on Friday and Sunday and then Fitts on Saturday.

Agreed.

RougeDawg
04-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Butch Thompson is the best coach we have.

CadaverDawg
04-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Butch Thompson is the best coach we have.

Maybe so. Doesnt make the decision to run Ross out there yesterday any less dumb though, wouldnt you agree?

Todd4State
04-05-2015, 09:00 PM
If we had won yesterday, we would be 6-6 and all alone in 3rd in the West after this awful start. And we had the perfect chance, but instead of throwing a capable pitcher like Sexton, we ran Mitchell and his 8.00 ERA out there to lose a crucial game. Now we're in a tie with Ark and OM at 5-7. That would have been a huge win, especially with the schedule we have coming up.

Yeah- losing yesterday sucked. We tried to do the match up thing with South Carolina because they apparently don't hit LH pitchers well- which actually makes Ross look even worse when you think about it. We need to pull a sweep somewhere and we need to hope that we don't get swept. A&M makes me nervous in that regard.

Smitty
04-05-2015, 09:27 PM
A&M makes me nervous in that regard.

A&M makes me nervous for Ross' and Daniel's safety.. And any bystander within 200 feet of their LF wall…. And the train conductor on the train that runs beyond RF.

State82
04-06-2015, 05:43 PM
A&M makes me nervous for Ross' and Daniel's safety.. And any bystander within 200 feet of their LF wall…. And the train conductor on the train that runs beyond RF.

I take it you're not calling the MSU sweep you nailed early in 2013 way before the trip to College Station. As long as we're not on the short end of one I'll be satisfied.

blacklistedbully
04-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Ross may not have earned mound-time this year, but he has more than earned the right to be treated with respect by our fans. I have no problem with folks on here complaining about his performance this year, or griping bout the coaches giving him innings, but I do draw the line with ridiculing him or calling him names.

Ross kicked ass for us up until this year. He has bailed our asses out so many times, we've all lost count. I urge my fellow Dawgs to at least lay off the personal insults.

msstate7
04-06-2015, 06:37 PM
Ross may not have earned mound-time this year, but he has more than earned the right to be treated with respect by our fans. I have no problem with folks on here complaining about his performance this year, or griping bout the coaches giving him innings, but I do draw the line with ridiculing him or calling him names.

Ross kicked ass for us up until this year. He has bailed our asses so many times, we've all lost count. I urge my fellow Dawgs to at least lay off the personal insults.

I'm a huge Ross fan, but he's just not getting it done. I hate seeing him get destroyed every appearance. There were posters asking is Ross the best pitcher ever at state and now it's just sad watching him pitch. I don't want butch and cohen to ruin Ross' legacy by continuing to put Ross in situations he can't handle anymore

Todd4State
04-06-2015, 07:32 PM
I'm a huge Ross fan, but he's just not getting it done. I hate seeing him get destroyed every appearance. There were posters asking is Ross the best pitcher ever at state and now it's just sad watching him pitch. I don't want butch and cohen to ruin Ross' legacy by continuing to put Ross in situations he can't handle anymore

I hate that Ross has had the year that he has had.

HancockCountyDog
04-06-2015, 07:58 PM

Ross kicked ass for us up until this year. He has bailed our asses so many times, we've all lost count. I urge my fellow Dawgs to at least lay off the personal insults.

I've said it on here so many times, we eat our own.

There is a way to complain about Russ starting without bashing him.

I seen it dawg
04-06-2015, 08:16 PM
Guys I think Ross arm is just dead. It's a lot of innings to pack on his body type. I was built like that in high school and pitched innings like he did and toward the end of my senior yr I was wore down and my arm was just dead. I was the same type of pitcher as Ross. My velocity didn't drop very much but I lost what I did best which was command and movement. I couldn't power thru the baseball and make it do the things I needed to do for me to be successful. And as a lefty that depends on those things it's devastating when they leave you. You become what Ross is right now which is a pitcher that has lost his command and movement.

Todd4State
04-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Guys I think Ross arm is just dead. It's a lot of innings to pack on his body type. I was built like that in high school and pitched innings like he did and toward the end of my senior yr I was wore down and my arm was just dead. I was the same type of pitcher as Ross. My velocity didn't drop very much but I lost what I did best which was command and movement. I couldn't power thru the baseball and make it do the things I needed to do for me to be successful. And as a lefty that depends on those things it's devastating when they leave you. You become what Ross is right now which is a pitcher that has lost his command and movement.

I think you nailed it.