PDA

View Full Version : New MSU baseball urban legend

Todd4State
04-03-2015, 08:01 PM
Apparently a South Carolina outfielder was trying to run down a Wes Rea extra base hit with a sausage link in his hand.

No idea if it's true or not.

msstate7
04-03-2015, 08:02 PM
For his sake, I hope it's not true. His coach would probably kill him

shannondawg
04-03-2015, 08:02 PM
I'm anxious to hear all the coaching mistakes Cohen made during the South Carolina series. Its got to be a ton.

Dawgcentral
04-03-2015, 08:08 PM
It doesn't matter how well the guy played. If you don't eat sausage or bacon at least once a day, you simply aren't living life to the fullest.

Coach34
04-03-2015, 08:10 PM
I'm anxious to hear all the coaching mistakes Cohen made during the South Carolina series. Its got to be a ton.

We have stopped bunting as much. More swingy, less bunty, Coach likey

TheRef
04-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Apparently a South Carolina outfielder was trying to run down a Wes Rea extra base hit with a sausage link in his hand.

No idea if it's true or not.

Bob tweeted it out....so that brings some validity to it.

STATEBALLIN
04-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Apparently a South Carolina outfielder was trying to run down a Wes Rea extra base hit with a sausage link in his hand

That can be interpreted in so many different ways.

DudyDawg
04-03-2015, 08:24 PM
That is absolutely outstanding.

Todd4State
04-03-2015, 08:59 PM
That can be interpreted in so many different ways.

Yeah- I had to be careful with how I worded it. It could have gone south pretty quickly when we're talking about a Gamecock player holding his sausage.

TheRef
04-03-2015, 09:03 PM
Yeah- I had to be careful with how I worded it. It could have gone south pretty quickly when we're talking about a Gamecock player holding his sausage.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/GoCocks/you-cant-beat-our-cocks.png

thedawg
04-03-2015, 09:04 PM
I was in left field lounge today and left fielder ate more food and interacted more with the fans than I have seen one do in years. He ate five or six pieces of chicken and had a good time with us.. I made the comment if I'm his coach I'm all in his ass for eating and cutting up the whole game while losing.. Center fielder was a lot less interactive and I'm pretty sure he ate a little late but I'm not sure he had sausage in his hand while Rea smashed that ball

Political Hack
04-03-2015, 09:33 PM
It was the right fielder (Elliot) who was in left field yesterday. He's been nicknamed Judy by the fans and has been awesome. He was catching boudin in his glove from left field yesterday and eating it and today right field was feeding him.

He didn't have the sausage in his hand though. He had put it in his back pocket and pulled it out and finished it after catching the ball. No joke. He had put the sausage in his back pocket.

He said he's going to serve in the military after this season too. Great kid and I'll forever be a fan. His parents are in attendance too.

Todd4State
04-03-2015, 09:38 PM
It was the right fielder (Elliot) who was in left field yesterday. He's been nicknamed Judy by the fans and has been awesome. He was catching boudin in his glove from left field yesterday and eating it and today right field was feeding him.

He didn't have the sausage in his hand though. He had put it in his back pocket and pulled it out and finished it after catching the ball. No joke. He had put the sausage in his back pocket.

He said he's going to serve in the military after this season too. Great kid and I'll forever be a fan. His parents are in attendance too.

So we have the sausage in the back pocket theory.

Drugdog
04-03-2015, 09:58 PM
THE best place for college baseball. Great job LFL

Drugdog
04-03-2015, 10:56 PM

Me likey too

the59dawg
04-04-2015, 01:08 PM

I don't know. Yesterday, bunted twice, once with the cleanup hitter and tried to bunt with the #3 man before Hump bunted!

DistrictDawg92
04-04-2015, 01:27 PM
It was the left fielder from Thursday night Elliot Caldwell, he played right field last night. His dad was out there drinking beers with us. And I'm not sure if it was in his hand while he was chasing down Wes's ball, but I can confirm that there was atleast sausage in his back pocket. His dad said we had the coolest park he's been to, and he goes to every away game. He said he wished his son had gone to State haha.

I seen it dawg
04-04-2015, 03:46 PM
So we have the sausage in the back pocket theory.

It's not a theory....

Political Hack
04-05-2015, 08:55 AM
I stand corrected. It was in his hand. Confirmed last night.

mic
04-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Sausage, boudin, chicken, tenderloin.... All that and kid still had 6 hits on the weekend... @elliotc7

jumbo
04-06-2015, 01:23 PM
Is there any photographic or video evidence? Not doubting y'all, just would love to see it.

Coach34
04-06-2015, 01:53 PM
Got some video on Saturday- cool kid. His Momma was hilarious.