PDA

View Full Version : Every year Cohen...every year

Coach34
04-03-2015, 06:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

Todd4State
04-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Honestly, I'm still out. Now- I am happy that we won and are winning and I think we appear to have made some improvements. But overall we need to make some changes and I will not be satisfied with this season barring a miracle run late.

AlSwearengen
04-03-2015, 07:31 PM
Todd, what do you make of Hudson and most recently, McCord being anointed weekend starters as true freshmen only to have them shit the bed and then not be heard from again? Is it just nerves that the coaches have no way of predicting until they get them in a real game? I'm not closing the book on McCord by any means, but Hudson might never do anything.

It is perplexing that they both were talked up and then performed the way they did.

Todd4State
04-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Todd, what do you make of Hudson and most recently, McCord being anointed weekend starters as true freshmen only to have them shit the bed and then not be heard from again? Is it just nerves that the coaches have no way of predicting until they get them in a real game? I'm not closing the book on McCord by any means, but Hudson might never do anything.

It is perplexing that they both were talked up and then performed the way they did.

Hudson had some back issues in the offseason that set him back. I wouldn't give up on him yet- his K/BB ratio is pretty good right now. I'm not sure why they think some of the other guys are better.

McCord is just a freshman- and he pitched like it. Always be cautious with freshmen- no matter how highly thought of they are. Chris Stratton and Hunter Renfroe sure didn't look like first rounders their freshman years.

The bad thing about coaching college baseball is there is no exhibition season. All the coaches see are the players vs. themselves- and you really can't tell how a guy will respond in a live game situation from that. It's a totally different intensity.

I'm not a big fan of spring training- but MLB does it for a reason. And is willing to technically put their stars at risk of injury in what amounts to be meaningless games for a reason.

engie
04-03-2015, 07:52 PM
I dunno how many times the same thing needs to happen before people quit doing it...

It's one thing to be disappointed -- it's another thing to be calling for firing Cohen and Thompson. Mingione makes sense...

Harrydawg
04-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Cohen would like all his to detractors to suck as much as his cock as they can fit into there poor mouths!

Todd4State
04-03-2015, 07:57 PM
I dunno how many times the same thing needs to happen before people quit doing it...

It's one thing to be disappointed -- it's another thing to be calling for firing Cohen and Thompson. Mingione makes sense...

If Dillon really is the hitting coach now, it makes me wonder what the hell Mingione does. And it makes me wonder if Mingione is about to leave with Dillon being promoted to hitting coach and maybe someone like Jarrod Parks coming on board to replace Mingione.

dickiedawg
04-03-2015, 07:58 PM
Bless your heart.

MaroonState
04-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Honestly, I'm still out. Now- I am happy that we won and are winning and I think we appear to have made some improvements. But overall we need to make some changes and I will not be satisfied with this season barring a miracle run late.
Needing a miracle late season run sux. It's Stansbury-ish. It completely loses the fans for at least half a season. Also, when did Dillon become the hitting coach? Or is this just rumor?

Coach34
04-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Stands does the reverse though. Looks good early and everyone is sure they are headed to the NCAA Tourney- then they flop down the stretch and end up in the NIT. He even did the same damn thing to A&M this year as an asst. A&M went from a 5 seed in Feb to the NIT in March

Cohen's team start slow- next thing ya know they are rolling in May and hope is alive

MaroonState
04-03-2015, 10:23 PM
Stands does the reverse though. Looks good early and everyone is sure they are headed to the NCAA Tourney- then they flop down the stretch and end up in the NIT. He even did the same damn thing to A&M this year as an asst. A&M went from a 5 seed in Feb to the NIT in March

Cohen's team start slow- next thing ya know they are rolling in May and hope is alive

I guess I'm thinking of the few times he pulled a rabbit out of his ass and made the NCAA with a run in the sec tourney.

Dawg61
04-03-2015, 10:53 PM
Cohen would like all his to detractors to suck as much as his cock as they can fit into there poor mouths!

Why because he finally did what EVERYONE was screaming to stop doing? Stop playing Special Needs Cohenball and quit ****ing with the lineup. Congrats Cohen on not being a dumbass two games in a row.

Homedawg
04-03-2015, 11:08 PM
Why because he finally did what EVERYONE was screaming to stop doing? Stop playing Special Needs Cohenball and quit ****ing with the lineup. Congrats Cohen on not being a dumbass two games in a row.

The lineup part he's done for those that wanted it. As for as not playing "cohenball" I don't know what you are talking about. We've bunted the last two games like we have the whole year. The difference is we hit with runners in scoring position and had huge two out hits. For that matter, if the usc ss doesn't ass up a play in the second, the bitching would be in full force because we put up a 6 spot off his error. We just happened to make him pay w 2 outs. That's what we haven't been doing. I don't like bunting the two hole guy in the bottom of the first, however, if we were winning those games(I.e. Driving those guys in) everyone would be talking about how good we were. When the team gets clutch hits like the last two days.......

bulldogcountry1
04-04-2015, 06:50 AM
While is encouraging to see us doing better, we've simply dug ourselves a hole that we can't get out of. Those bad losses and a weak OOC schedule is just too much to overcome.

engie
04-04-2015, 07:19 AM
While is encouraging to see us doing better, we've simply dug ourselves a hole that we can't get out of. Those bad losses and a weak OOC schedule is just too much to overcome.

You'll forget you said this when we go take care of business in Fort Worth or Charlottesville and waiting to see if we get to host a super. Rinse, repeat again next season. Which would make the 6th straight premature meltdown on Cohen Teams.

We're one game from .500 in conference and a .500 sec team isn't getting left at home. The amount of quit in our fanbase never ceases to amaze me...

BrunswickDawg
04-04-2015, 07:45 AM
We're one game from .500 in conference and a .500 sec team isn't getting left at home. The amount of quit in our fanbase never ceases to amaze me...
This. People just want to ignore that baseball is never as cut and dry as some other sports. It is a game of streaks, and that shit can catch like the measles. Anyone one who has ever played a season of 40+ games knows.

Schultzy
04-04-2015, 07:53 AM
We hit the ball hard the last two days, it looks like watching a different team out there.

Coach34
04-04-2015, 07:56 AM
A lot of our fans don't understand that we used to host sometimes under Polk simply because of money that our Regional would make vs others. Had it not been for money- Polk would have hosted a few less times. Those days are long gone. If we get hot and start winning some SEC baseball games- we'll be in. That's the advantage of playing in the nation's best baseball conference

basedog
04-04-2015, 08:01 AM
We are about to get into our toughest part of the schedule. The last two wins are great and I didn't think we would win a series this year. But, SC isn't SC from the past, maybe they're dynasty is slowing down as they sure didn't look like the #13 team in the country. I really think the SEC is down this year in baseball from top to bottom which my be good for us the rest of the way.

We really need to win today, being 6-6 would be a big boost in our fan base but mostly in the confidence builder in our players. I'm more concerned with our pen than anything, to me our defense is our strength. Also Collins getting healthy is big as has Rea's hitting.

War Machine Dawg
04-04-2015, 11:43 AM

And The Meddler STILL couldn't stop himself from meddling and playing Special Needs Cohenball in the bottom of the 8th yesterday. Vick gets on base to start the inning while we cling to a 2 run lead. The Meddler comes out of the dugout and orders Collins, our 3 hole hitter, to bunt. Thankfully, SCar's pitcher dicked around and walked him. 2 on, 0 out. Hump, our cleanup hitter, comes to the plate. The Meddler comes jumping out of the dugout aGAIN and orders Hump to bunt. So Hump lays down a perfect sac on the first pitch, giving himself up. 2nd & 3rd, 1 out, Robson batting. Robson walks (as best I remember. Can't find an inning-by-innning summary). Rea backwards K. Gridley weak groundout. Result: 0 runs. We go from 1st & 2nd, 0 out to bases juiced 1 out and can't even get a ball off the infield thanks to all the bunting. And Cohen had just watched us score 20 runs in 2 games. I wanted to strangle him.