PDA

View Full Version : Who is starting on the mound tonight?

confucius say
04-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Preston or sexton? Anybody heard or have thoughts?

preachermatt83
04-03-2015, 11:01 AM
if its preston I may vomit.

msstate7
04-03-2015, 11:04 AM
if its preston I may vomit.

Stay close to a toilet then. I doubt we move sexton up a day when he's been solid on Saturday

CadaverDawg
04-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Sexton, Tatum or Brown.

#Cap'nObvious

preachermatt83
04-03-2015, 12:45 PM
if Tatum is not a weekend starter then we have some idiot running the show.

CadaverDawg
04-03-2015, 12:56 PM
if Tatum is not a weekend starter then we have some idiot running the show.

Tatum actually makes WAY more sense out of the pen than Brown or Sexton. If our bullpen was even average, I would agree with you...but if we can get 6-8 out of Laster, Brown, and Sexton, AND bring a bulldog like Tatum out of the pen, it might make us significantly better.

IMO, Tatum is the closest thing to a Lindgren/Holder that we have. Makes some sense, especially the way Laster is pitching. I wish I could find the thread after Laster's first ever outing, where I said Laster would end up being a very good pitcher for us. So glad he's back in the weekend rotation.

It_Could_Happen
04-03-2015, 01:04 PM
I watched cohens interview last night and it sounded like he was leaning toward Preston.

engie
04-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Pretty sure we're doing the Fitts/Girodo thing with Brown and Tatum -- and when it works many of you will ignore and just flip out about something different.

8th best era staff in country over 5 years -- idiot for sure**

CadaverDawg
04-03-2015, 01:07 PM
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?13379-Who-is-Laster&highlight=Laster%3F

preachermatt83
04-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Tatum actually makes WAY more sense out of the pen than Brown or Sexton. If our bullpen was even average, I would agree with you...but if we can get 6-8 out of Laster, Brown, and Sexton, AND bring a bulldog like Tatum out of the pen, it might make us significantly better.

IMO, Tatum is the closest thing to a Lindgren/Holder that we have. Makes some sense, especially the way Laster is pitching. I wish I could find the thread after Laster's first ever outing, where I said Laster would end up being a very good pitcher for us. So glad he's back in the weekend rotation.

I see where you are going.. I might could swing that.

Todd4State
04-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Pretty sure we're doing the Fitts/Girodo thing with Brown and Tatum -- and when it works many of you will ignore and just flip out about something different.

8th best era staff in country over 5 years -- idiot for sure**

I think we might do that with Sexton/Tatum rather than Brown/Tatum.

Basically what it comes down to is Butch is trying to expose our bullpen less to SEC play. Laster and Preston eat up innings. Sexton is a quality starter- but he is more of a 5-6 IP guy right now barring the occasional long outing. That leaves Ross, Tatum, Fitts, and Mintz for the pen.

It worked a LOT better today- and that was with Butch leaving Preston in too long IMO and getting us into an 8th inning pickle.

I'm starting to think that a lot of our 8th inning issues had more to do with Fitts not being 100% and allowing Ross's inherited runners to score, thus making Ross look worse more than anything.

Todd4State
04-03-2015, 07:06 PM
Also, maybe we didn't see this because of Laster pitching a complete game in a blowout, but I wouldn't be surprised if Butch wants to use Tatum first out of the pen on Friday. And knowing Laster is typically going to give us seven innings, that means two for Tatum and then we could possible bring Tatum back out again on Sunday for 2-4.