PDA

View Full Version : It looks like the Dan Jones saga is over.........

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2015, 03:15 PM
He is out.

http://djournal.com/news/jones-wont-return-um-chancellor/

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Forward rebels at work?

AlSwearengen
04-02-2015, 09:19 PM
Dan Jones must have been "all in" to be getting the outcry from their fans that he has gotten.

Todd4State
04-02-2015, 10:06 PM
This is pure conjecture on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go back to UMC as opposed to Ole Miss. Jones was originally a MD and he was at UMC for awhile until he got appointed to go to Oxford. I think he may know that the writing is on the wall and that UMC will have it's own chancellor soon and/or will break away from Ole Miss at some point. If that happens, he might be a candidate for the chancellor spot at UMC.

AFDawg
04-02-2015, 10:30 PM
This is pure conjecture on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go back to UMC as opposed to Ole Miss. Jones was originally a MD and he was at UMC for awhile until he got appointed to go to Oxford. I think he may know that the writing is on the wall and that UMC will have it's own chancellor soon and/or will break away from Ole Miss at some point. If that happens, he might be a candidate for the chancellor spot at UMC.

Only if UMC is no longer under the IHL. The UMC's problems were the stated/alleged reason for his ouster.

chef dixon
04-02-2015, 10:35 PM
Dan Jones must have been "all in" to be getting the outcry from their fans that he has gotten.

Yea I'm pretty sure most of them hated him until all this stuff went down.

Todd4State
04-02-2015, 10:40 PM
Only if UMC is no longer under the IHL. The UMC's problems were the stated/alleged reason for his ouster.

I think there is more to it than just Dan Jones. I think the IHL was trying to make it a point that a chancellor can't manage a university in Oxford and one in Jackson.

They fired Ole Miss's chancellor because of UMC's HOSPITAL management. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

DancingRabbit
04-02-2015, 11:37 PM
Seems to me the IHL's point was not so much that "a" chancellor couldn't manage both locations but that Dan Jones wasn't doing such a great job on the UMMC part of it. When the IHL told Jones to clean up the contracts mess at UMMC and keep them apprised he basically thumbed his nose at them.

The only leverage the IHL had to "manage" Jones was non-renewal of his contract.

I think there is more to it than just Dan Jones. I think the IHL was trying to make it a point that a chancellor can't manage a university in Oxford and one in Jackson.

They fired Ole Miss's chancellor because of UMC's HOSPITAL management. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

BiscuitEater
04-02-2015, 11:54 PM
Yea I'm pretty sure most of them hated him until all this stuff went down.

SlaveShip was outraged when IHL 'dissed' Jones and by extension Ole Miss .. but then they realized .. they really didn't like all the 'changes' ones had implemented at the plantation.

Pollodawg
04-03-2015, 12:00 AM
OM will lose UMMC. It's gonna happen at some point. And it'll probably happen with the UMMC's full blessing. There is almost no loyalty to OM from the medical school anyway. Most of the people who go there are from MSU and USM.....

Jack Lambert
04-03-2015, 08:09 AM
OM will lose UMMC. It's gonna happen at some point. And it'll probably happen with the UMMC's full blessing. There is almost no loyalty to OM from the medical school anyway. Most of the people who go there are from MSU and USM.....

I think in the next 10 years the USM grads will decrease. With Willam Cary having a DO school I think many of them will opt to go that route.

FlabLoser
04-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Seems to me the IHL's point was not so much that "a" chancellor couldn't manage both locations but that Dan Jones wasn't doing such a great job on the UMMC part of it. When the IHL told Jones to clean up the contracts mess at UMMC and keep them apprised he basically thumbed his nose at them.

The only leverage the IHL had to "manage" Jones was non-renewal of his contract.

This. IHL people interviewed said that. There was nobody they IHL was empowered to hold accountable except for Jones.

Jones isover UMC. The buck stops there.

1bigdawg
04-03-2015, 09:14 AM
I hope this diminishes Kayat's influence. He did a great job of promoting TSUN and went out of his way to hurt us.