PDA

View Full Version : Our Best three pitchers...

preachermatt83
04-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Our best 3 starters are Vance, Laster, and Sexton.... Surely Cohen is not bumping Vance this weekend... We know Lucas is throwing Thursday... If Preston and Sexton get the other starts and Vance doesn't I'm going to be furious. He is without question our best pitcher. There were a ton of folks very angry that he was pulled Sunday.

msstate7
04-01-2015, 09:05 PM
I think sexton is better, but I do want Tatum starting

DudyDawg
04-01-2015, 09:10 PM
L R L. Laster sexton Tatum IMO should be the guys this weekend

msstate7
04-01-2015, 09:13 PM
L R L. Laster sexton Tatum IMO should be the guys this weekend

And Preston, mintz, and fitts out of pen

Todd4State
04-01-2015, 09:16 PM
The thing is I'm not sure how Preston would be as a relief guy. Tatum on the other hand can either start or come out of the bullpen and be successful, plus Preston is the most likely to go the longest besides Laster. With Preston's injury history, it's way too risky to experiment with him coming out of the pen and changing up his routine.

It really doesn't matter because I think we are going to see Sexton, Tatum, Fitts, go 4-6 IP anyway. It really doesn't matter whether they start or not. I think Preston and Laster can maybe go longer. As long as Mintz is performing he will keep pitching, and Ross will see some action as well.

confucius say
04-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Although I would prefer Tatum to start game 3, I'm fine with him not starting provided he pitches twice this weekend or one really long stint.

Laster, brown, and sexton start with Tatum, fitts, and mintz in relief. I'm okay with that.

engie
04-02-2015, 11:41 AM
I can hardly take a pitching discussion seriously that has anything to do with "Cohen".

Butch Thompson manages the pitching staff with very, very little interference from Cohen. Butch has earned the right for our pitchers to have a down year or to make whatever untraditional moves he wants to try in my opinion. He's developed one of the best 8 staffs in the country over the past 4 years with only one collegiate traditionally elite starting pitcher(Stratton). For 4 years in a row, Butch has looked like a genius as years have worn on. Let's give his untraditional moves and ideas a little time before totally freaking out about them. I agree that they haven't much worked so far this year, but it is what it is at this point...

maroonmania
04-02-2015, 11:58 AM
I really just wish we would have stuck with what we were doing and let Laster pitch the USA game. We could mix things up once we started not having midweek games. We probably cost ourself a win Tuesday night by not pitching Laster and right now we are desparate for any wins, both in and out of conference. Not sure what got in their head that Daniel Brown should have instantly become a starter.

justin
04-02-2015, 12:15 PM
I've been assuming they made the change strictly because this is a Thu-Fri-Sat series to keep everyone on their normal day and to get Laster into the mix to be used as weekend relief going forward. Tatum should definitely be back in the rotation next weekend based on how he has pitched.

confucius say
04-02-2015, 01:30 PM
We have 7 series left, four of which start on Thursdays. Will be interesting to see if we keep changing the rotation depending on which days we play