PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that thinks Cohen saw this coming?

HancockCountyDog
04-01-2015, 08:57 AM
With the pillow soft non conference schedule, backing out of a tournament with solid competition, his mindset that our offense sucks so we have to "manufacture" runs?

It just seems that he isn't surprised by this. I haven't seen him lose it, and if he thought this team wasn't living up to it's potential, I think he would be losing his mind. Maybe John has mellowed, but I don't see it. I think he knew this wasn't a hosting team, I think he knew this team would struggle to score and struggle to get people out, that is why he isn't losing his mind out there.

I could be wrong, but it just seems like he is the least surprised person on the field that we aren't really good this year.

Ralph
04-01-2015, 09:00 AM
I thought this years team would barely make a regional. The 13-0 start gave us false expectations imo. I never thought we'd host this year but I didn't think we'd be this bad either.

Irondawg
04-01-2015, 09:00 AM
May be something to that but it still doesn't explain a lot of really odd choices in a lot of areas this year. I mean if you're moving Gridley to SS to get experience for the next few years for example, why aren't you running Dakota Hudson out there more? Why not start McCord the mid-week games?

shoeless joe
04-01-2015, 09:08 AM
No doubt he did. In fact several folks on here saw it coming also.

SignalToNoise
04-01-2015, 09:22 AM
I thought this board was being its usual butthurt self over publications not giving us any love.

Liverpooldawg
04-01-2015, 09:24 AM
I don't think there is any doubt he saw it coming. Why play such a soft early schedule and play it ALL at home otherwise.

WPDawg
04-01-2015, 10:11 AM
With the pillow soft non conference schedule, backing out of a tournament with solid competition, his mindset that our offense sucks so we have to "manufacture" runs?

It just seems that he isn't surprised by this. I haven't seen him lose it, and if he thought this team wasn't living up to it's potential, I think he would be losing his mind. Maybe John has mellowed, but I don't see it. I think he knew this wasn't a hosting team, I think he knew this team would struggle to score and struggle to get people out, that is why he isn't losing his mind out there.

I could be wrong, but it just seems like he is the least surprised person on the field that we aren't really good this year.

yep. The man has been successful everywhere he has been. It appears he is trying to put people in different situations to build experience and work towards the future. Dont understand the extra bunting or batting lineup and wish he might be a little more open about what his thinking is. I would think that moment has to be coming where he has to come out and discuss the makeup of this team and expectations.