PDA

View Full Version : That is unacceptable Cohen- straight bullshit

Coach34
03-31-2015, 08:00 PM
Cody Brown gets on base 3 straight times- followed by 3 straight Vickerson bunt attempts. Thats not baseball- thats bullshit.

LET THEM SWING THE ****ING BAT

War Machine Dawg
03-31-2015, 08:07 PM
I know he'll get one more season, but I'm starting to get the feeling we're watching Cohen implode. He wants to win so badly he's overthinking everything and destroying any chances he has at winning in the process.

lfl
03-31-2015, 08:07 PM
Thursday night, when we get our first runner on, the crowd needs a loud, sustained "NO BUNT. NO BUNT. NO BUNT." chant. Of course, we'll still bunt, but you know, make your feelings known.

DudyDawg
03-31-2015, 08:10 PM
Changing up the lineup was a good start. But he overlooked the real change that needed to be made and that's the way we play. It's south Alabama. Surely you recruited kids who can hit them. LET THEM

Coach34
03-31-2015, 08:10 PM
you take all the fun out of the game for the players by constantly bunting and giving the other team outs.

JohnnyQuid
03-31-2015, 08:11 PM
If I was vickerson I'd be tempted to punch cohen in the face after that shit. Just keeps taking the bat outta his hands all night

JohnnyQuid
03-31-2015, 08:13 PM
you take all the fun out of the game for the players by constantly bunting and giving the other team outs.

The taking the fun out is key - what big time hitter would be happy being forced to bunt with no outs every other inning.

Smitty
03-31-2015, 08:14 PM
1st 2nd and 4th innings as well.

If he got his damn way we'd be losing 5-3 instead of winning 7-5. He is an idiot.

Tbonewannabe
03-31-2015, 08:17 PM
I would be to the point of fouling off the bunt attempts just to be able to swing with 2 strikes.

I seen it dawg
03-31-2015, 08:21 PM
I'm done with him. Straight up stupid how he is handling things. He's gone off the reservation. I don't give a shit how many regionals he's had or a CWS. He's changed and not for the better. I'd rather watch someone else lead our program that will play baseball and not this bastardized version of male fast pitch softball. This is ****ing garbage. And take that ****ing overrated muu muu wherein get ****ong****ing pitching coach with you. This isn't a one game rant because we are struggling. This has become the norm. And it's unacceptable and unnecessary.

Coach34
03-31-2015, 08:22 PM
After getting the bunt sign for a 3rd straight AB- I would have called time and taken myself out of the game.

I seen it dawg
03-31-2015, 08:28 PM
Glad I was always a good 2 strike hitter. Just foul 2 bunts off then go to work.

Drugdog
03-31-2015, 08:32 PM
Do we have any players with a set of nuts that will call a team meeting to address this crap?

JohnnyQuid
03-31-2015, 08:33 PM
. And take that ****ing overrated muu muu wherein get ****ong****ing pitching coach with you.

Lolol. My dad's always bitching about butch wearing that thing.

Smitty
03-31-2015, 08:34 PM
Do we have any players with a set of nuts that will call a team meeting to address this crap?

We obviously have no beat writers that have any

War Machine Dawg
03-31-2015, 08:34 PM

Apparently not. And to be fair, what can they do when it's the coach taking the bats out of their hands? About the only thing would be agree to foul off bunt attempts then swing with two strikes.

Smitty
03-31-2015, 08:38 PM
If you have no confidence that you coach is doing everything to win... THAT will have deep ramifications on effort, intensity, etc.

Cohen doubles up on his problems.

Seriously if he goes all intense bastard, throwing players under the bus how do you not come back with "Well you ****ing cost is all kind of runs dumbass!"

I seen it dawg
03-31-2015, 08:40 PM
Dam serf you have been taking some knowledge in.

Tbonewannabe
03-31-2015, 08:40 PM
Apparently not. And to be fair, what can they do when it's the coach taking the bats out of their hands? About the only thing would be agree to foul off bunt attempts then swing with two strikes.

If they had a team meeting and agreed to mess up bunting, Cohen has completely lost the team and he might as well quit.

War Machine Dawg
03-31-2015, 08:43 PM
If you have no confidence that you coach is doing everything to win... THAT will have deep ramifications on effort, intensity, etc.

Cohen doubles up on his problems.

Seriously if he goes all intense bastard, throwing players under the bus how do you not come back with "Well you ****ing cost is all kind of runs dumbass!"

Another point worth discussing: Cohen has sucked all the fun out of the game for our hitters. It's why we look like we're just going through the motions. The only time they get to have any real "fun" now is when they're acting like clowns in the dugout. If he'd let them swing the mother****ing bat, settle on a lineup, and play real damn baseball, you'd probably see some of the enthusiasm come back. As it is, we're just listless. And bringing in more highly rated players won't change that. If anything, it will get worse because those guys EXPECT to be turned loose to play.

War Machine Dawg
03-31-2015, 08:44 PM
If they had a team meeting and agreed to mess up bunting, Cohen has completely lost the team and he might as well quit.

Thus the point. Cohen is not giving them a chance to win. The entire job of a coach is to put your players in the best position to win and Cohen is doing the opposite.

Coach34
03-31-2015, 08:45 PM
I would address it and ask why do we give the other team outs so often??? Outs are precious

Drugdog
03-31-2015, 08:49 PM
SS hopefully knows our frustration as well as the players.

DudyDawg
03-31-2015, 08:50 PM
Pitching blows too. Dude just hit his first ever homerun. Didn't that happen for auburn too?

We flat out are not any good.

DudyDawg
03-31-2015, 08:52 PM
Might as well stop pitching Ross. Dude threw batting practice speed before. Now he's throwing them straight. He's one of many pitchers who flat out isn't good

Dawgface
03-31-2015, 09:06 PM
As much as he tries the same shit over and over, you would think he would let the batter swing in these situations just to mix things up. He's one dumb m'fer.

Treemydawg
03-31-2015, 09:22 PM
I'm done with him. Straight up stupid how he is handling things. He's gone off the reservation. I don't give a shit how many regionals he's had or a CWS. He's changed and not for the better. I'd rather watch someone else lead our program that will play baseball and not this bastardized version of male fast pitch softball. This is ****ing garbage. And take that ****ing overrated muu muu wherein get ****ong****ing pitching coach with you. This isn't a one game rant because we are struggling. This has become the norm. And it's unacceptable and unnecessary.
You should e-mail this exactly like it is to Cohen. Hit the nail on the head.

Treemydawg
03-31-2015, 09:27 PM
As much as he tries the same shit over and over, you would think he would let the batter swing in these situations just to mix things up. He's one dumb m'fer.

I don't think he is that dumb. Heis just that @&$"ing hardheaded .

BulldogBear
03-31-2015, 10:33 PM
I would be to the point of fouling off the bunt attempts just to be able to swing with 2 strikes.

Me too. I'd probably 17 up y attempted foul bunt.

Does make one wonder...

Thick
03-31-2015, 10:44 PM
If I am a recruit, I'm really concerned about Cohen taking the bat out of my hand to bunt. I'm concerned that Cohen is taking the fun for the players out of the game itself. I'm worried that he's lost touch of how the game is really played because he's lost his mind!

Backspin
03-31-2015, 11:05 PM
If I am a recruit, I'm really concerned about Cohen taking the bat out of my hand to bunt. I'm concerned that Cohen is taking the fun for the players out of the game itself. I'm worried that he's lost touch of how the game is really played because he's lost his mind!

This hurts recruiting gentlemen. Hitters want to go where they can be productive regardless of the stadium.

Backspin
03-31-2015, 11:08 PM
Hitters also want to go to schools that have great hitting coaches. The proof is in the results.

Smitty
03-31-2015, 11:13 PM
If I'm a hitter I look at ONE successful hitting talent to make a big next level jump under The Blockhead.

Todd4State
03-31-2015, 11:19 PM

We have two of the best power hitters in the country committed right now. I'm much more concerned about MLB taking their bats out of our hands than Cohen.

Todd4State
03-31-2015, 11:20 PM
If I'm a hitter I look at ONE successful hitting talent to make a big next level jump under The Blockhead.

Matt LaPorta, Colin Cowgill, and Hunter Renfroe.

War Machine Dawg
03-31-2015, 11:21 PM

It's The Meddler. Get it right, Smitty.

War Machine Dawg
03-31-2015, 11:23 PM
We have two of the best power hitters in the country committed right now. I'm much more concerned about MLB taking their bats out of our hands than Cohen.

http://i.imgur.com/2YJ5inX.gif

http://i.imgur.com/aDotpg6.gif

Todd4State
03-31-2015, 11:23 PM
This hurts recruiting gentlemen. Hitters want to go where they can be productive regardless of the stadium.

I hate to be the Internet police here, but one way to get better hitters to come is to not put stuff out like this to discourage them from coming. Nothing personal and I know you are not the only one doing it. I'm sure you'll lash out at me back too.

And I'm not saying you can't bitch- just don't say "recruits shouldn't come here". Especially if you want it to get better. Because of the fact of the matter one of the best ways to reduce bunting is to get better hitters to start with.

Smitty
03-31-2015, 11:24 PM
Because of the fact of the matter one of the best ways to reduce bunting is to get better hitters to start with.

Or to stop giving the bunt sign.

If a bigtime croot came out and said, "I was going to MSU but their philosophy/instruction won't help me get to the next level" I bet shit would change a lot quicker.

Todd4State
03-31-2015, 11:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2YJ5inX.gif

http://i.imgur.com/aDotpg6.gif

I failed how? Greg Pickett is considered a border line first round pick. Austin Riley is an UA All-American with top five round talent- and that's being very conservative.

Todd4State
03-31-2015, 11:26 PM
Or to stop giving the bunt sign.

If a bigtime croot came out and said, "I was going to MSU but their philosophy/instruction won't help me get to the next level" I bet shit would change a lot quicker.

Do you want to get better or not? If not, you're just as much a part of the problem.

Smitty
03-31-2015, 11:27 PM
Maybe there is a reason a Dale Burdick went pro in like the 40th round rather than come here

Todd4State
03-31-2015, 11:28 PM
Maybe there is a reason a Dale Burdick went pro in like the 40th round rather than come here

Yeah- because he wanted to play pro baseball. Feel free to ask him.

Smitty
03-31-2015, 11:30 PM
Do you want to get better or not?

That question needs to be directed at John F. Cohen.

Todd4State
03-31-2015, 11:33 PM
That question needs to be directed at John F. Cohen.

I'm pretty sure he wants to win worse than anyone here. And worse than any other baseball coach we could get. You may disagree with his strategy- that is fine- but you're ****ing stupid if you think he is intentionally costing us runs just because he "wants to".

Smitty
03-31-2015, 11:37 PM
I'm pretty sure he wants to win worse than anyone here. And worse than any other baseball coach we could get. You may disagree with his strategy- that is fine- but you're ****ing stupid if you think he is intentionally costing us runs just because he "wants to".

I don't care how bad he wants to win.
I don't care what his reason is for costing us runs.

You are emotionally invested here, I'm logically assessing the results.

Irondawg
03-31-2015, 11:44 PM
Did anybody else hear Cohen on Dawgs Talk this week mention that in a way he wished everybody could go to JUCO first? He has some love affair that it develops guys better than having them inside your program. I kinda get the idea and he's hit on a few but much like it did for Jackie, the wheels are falling off now b/c none of the recent guys are doing anything productive.

Smitty
03-31-2015, 11:54 PM
Nobody needs to forget that if Cohen had his way we lose 7-3 in regulation.

Todd4State
03-31-2015, 11:56 PM
I don't care how bad he wants to win.
I don't care what his reason is for costing us runs.

You are emotionally invested here, I'm logically assessing the results.

You don't want a coach that wants to win?

Posts like this are why people think you are an idiot. "I don't care what the coach's reason is because I'm always right and it's on the spreadsheet."

Your problem is you are too black and white. I know you WANT it to be that simple because that's what you can understand. But there's a little bit more to it than that. Numbers is only part of it- but you are also dealing with real people.

I'm only invested in MSU winning. I suggested that Cohen would be the best candidate that we could get as a head coach. He then proceeds to take us further than any MSU coach has before. Just logically assessing the results here.

Ron Polk basically played the way you want us to play. We had people bitching about players being too timid and taking strike calls with him too. We had players like Jeffrey Rea that we never maximized their talents because we never ran. It didn't work either.

Difference between you and me is I never accused Polk not wanting to win. Unless it was maybe the Governor's Cup when he started Brad Corley over Jeff Lacher. I disagree with Polk, but it's ****ing stupid to accuse them of not trying to score runs or wanting something to work.

Smitty
03-31-2015, 11:58 PM
You're an idiot Todd that lacks any semblance of logic.

My point to the thinking was that it doesn't matter how much you "really want to win I mean REALLY want it" if you do things that continuously harm that goal it's not good. I could really want to win a golf tournament but if I used a sand wedge off the tee every hole it probably wouldn't happen

Todd4State
04-01-2015, 12:02 AM
Did anybody else hear Cohen on Dawgs Talk this week mention that in a way he wished everybody could go to JUCO first? He has some love affair that it develops guys better than having them inside your program. I kinda get the idea and he's hit on a few but much like it did for Jackie, the wheels are falling off now b/c none of the recent guys are doing anything productive.

I did not, but I disagree with him on that for baseball. That's kind of odd considering our class has one JUCO guy in it so far and like 19 high school guys, so if anything it seems like we are going away from the JUCO route.

If it was a perfect world, MLB wouldn't be able to get guys until after at least three years of college. But it's not a perfect world.

Mississippi JUCO football is pretty good (I think) Mississippi JUCO baseball is not nearly as good as the football league is relatively speaking.

Mississippi high school baseball players have a reputation for being very raw- I think Hunter Renfroe is the poster boy for Mississippi high school baseball prospects in that regard.

Smitty
04-01-2015, 12:02 AM
The whole idea of him "really wanting to win so badly" is stupid in the first place.

Todd4State
04-01-2015, 12:04 AM
You're an idiot Todd that lacks any semblance of logic.

My point to the thinking was that it doesn't matter how much you "really want to win I mean REALLY want it" if you do things that continuously harm that goal it's not good. I could really want to win a golf tournament but if I used a sand wedge off the tee every hole it probably wouldn't happen

Oh- I didn't know you meant REALLY want to win. What I said lacks semblance of logic to you because it's over your head.

Smitty
04-01-2015, 12:06 AM
He wants to win- great. If he can't do it though, his wanting to do it is for naught.

Todd4State
04-01-2015, 12:07 AM
The whole idea of him "really wanting to win so badly" is stupid in the first place.

Why? You want someone that doesn't give a shit? All you really want is someone that won't bunt ever.

Smitty
04-01-2015, 12:10 AM
Why? You want someone that doesn't give a shit? All you really want is someone that won't bunt ever.

Again you and the emotions. Any coach here will "want to win". It's a childish topic to even bring up. If the Candyman was the coach he would really want to win. Doesn't mean he's the best candidate.

Todd4State
04-01-2015, 12:11 AM
He wants to win- great. If he can't do it though, his wanting to do it is for naught.

Of course he has to win to stay. He HAS. You really think that Cohen would still be around after six years of losing? Because he's an alum? Ask Jenny Hazlewood about that. That's why no one is calling for his head right now. Heck, Cohen's seat was starting to get warm at the start of year three and then we went on a run.

Smitty
04-01-2015, 12:13 AM
What point are you trying to make?

Todd4State
04-01-2015, 12:16 AM
Again you and the emotions. Any coach here will "want to win". It's a childish topic to even bring up. If the Candyman was the coach he would really want to win. Doesn't mean he's the best candidate.

Ron Polk didn't at the end. The Candyman also hasn't won a SEC title at Kentucky, won Southland Conference titles at Northwestern State, help Florida get to Omaha as the hitting coach.

It's not like we got a hat with all of our baseball alum and pulled a name out of it. Pat Casey would have been good- Polk freaked him out. Not sure he would have played any less small ball than Cohen or would have done any better. Steve Smith is a good coach, but he's near the end. O'Conner isn't coming to the SEC as long as Manieri is at LSU. I highly doubt Raffo would be doing better- and actually it might be even worse with Polk hanging around.

Todd4State
04-01-2015, 12:17 AM
What point are you trying to make?

That you are an idiot. Not that it's not obvious.

Dawg61
04-01-2015, 12:22 AM

This is your best post ever

Dawg61
04-01-2015, 12:32 AM

This has Post Of the Year potential

War Machine Dawg
04-01-2015, 09:44 AM
This has Post Of the Year potential

And You-Know-Who isn't arguing with him about it.

Bama_Dawg
04-01-2015, 11:23 AM
Thursday night, when we get our first runner on, the crowd needs a loud, sustained "NO BUNT. NO BUNT. NO BUNT." chant. Of course, we'll still bunt, but you know, make your feelings known.

"SWING A-WAY....clap clap, clap clap clap" lather, rinse, repeat.

Dog316
04-01-2015, 11:33 AM
If I was vickerson I'd be tempted to punch cohen in the face after that shit. Just keeps taking the bat outta his hands all night

------

You must be some bad dude! Obviously, well mannered.

RossDawg82
04-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Our next hitting coach needs to be this guy..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctFf91EUUTw