PDA

View Full Version : OT: Good place for dinner in Orlando

BeardoMSU
03-31-2015, 05:17 PM
We will be there tomorrow and Thursday and are looking for a good place for dinner. We like fancy, but can also do the dives and more down to earth stuff; I like it all, just want something unique and good. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks, boys.

coastratdog
03-31-2015, 05:33 PM
In what area you staying. Orlando is a spread out city and the traffic can be tough at times. Dr. Phillips area, west sand lake road has numerous nice rest. Not to far from Disney.

BeardoMSU
03-31-2015, 05:39 PM
In what area you staying. Orlando is a spread out city and the traffic can be tough at times. Dr. Phillips area, west sand lake road has numerous nice rest. Not to far from Disney.

We will be at Universal Thursday, so when we leave, we'll be looking for a dinner spot. I don't really know where that is in the city.

nsvltndog
03-31-2015, 05:40 PM
I'll throw out 2 very good options.

1. Victoria and Albert's - this one is actually in the Grand Floridian hotel at Walt Disney World. Do not let the Disney confuse you as it is extremely upscale, jacket required type place. We had personalized calligraphy monogramed menus waiting at our table when we were seated. It will likely be very difficult to get into on short notice, but well worth the effort if you can make it happen.

2. Charley's Steakhouse on International Drive - I've tried lots of fine and fancy steakhouses around the country while traveling on business. This is truly the only one that I've been to where I could actually feel the marbling in the steak melt in my mouth due to the quality of the cut and precise preparation. It's a very nice steakhouse, the kind you will find listed in some of the Top 10 steakhouse lists, but it's not the place to go looking for anything outside of steak.

Based on the Universal comment - throwing out 2 more options. There is an Emeril's and The Palm restaurant located on premise at Universal. Those are what they are - basically high end upscale chain restaurants. Charley's Steakhouse reference above is nearby - probably 10 minute drive from Universal.

BrunswickDawg
03-31-2015, 06:29 PM
+1 for Charley's on I Drive. Maybe the best steak I've ever had. The House dressing is hands down the best salad dressing I have ever tasted.

Topbulldawg
03-31-2015, 06:37 PM
These aren't upscale but here are a couple:
Yardhouse on international drive -huge beer selection
giordanos- good unique Chicago style pizza
Raglan Road - Irish pub at downtown Disney

BeardoMSU
03-31-2015, 06:51 PM
These aren't upscale but here are a couple:
Yardhouse on international drive -huge beer selection
giordanos- good unique Chicago style pizza
Raglan Road - Irish pub at downtown Disney

I ate at the Yardhouse in Denver; loved it.

shrimp
03-31-2015, 06:54 PM
There's a place called Dockside in a strip mall in the vicinity of Seaworld. Not fancy at all, but inexpensive, large portions of good seafood. Definitely off the beaten path and very non-Orlando, I.e. no tourists. Sorry I can't be more specific with the location.

coastratdog
03-31-2015, 07:49 PM
We will be at Universal Thursday, so when we leave, we'll be looking for a dinner spot. I don't really know where that is in the city.

If your at universal than you r probably not dressed to impress so try a couple of the restaurants at City Walk. It's right outside the entrance of Universal.

DAWGS1
03-31-2015, 09:45 PM
Drive south along International Dr toward Beachline Expressway
Capital Grill, Copper Canyon, Maggiano's, Tommy Bahama Bar and Grill, Chuys, Pizzeria Uno, Yard House, Millers Ale House, Kobe, Fogo de Chao, Bahama Breeze, Marlows Tavern - most all have outdoor patio seating.
All are south of Sand Lake Rd
North of there is a bit cheesier.

ScottH
03-31-2015, 11:05 PM
Hillstone in Winter Park

Coach007
03-31-2015, 11:15 PM
We will be there tomorrow and Thursday and are looking for a good place for dinner. We like fancy, but can also do the dives and more down to earth stuff; I like it all, just want something unique and good. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks, boys.

https://www.bahamabreeze.com/menus/see_whats_new/default.asp

Very unique. Live Jamaican music.... Awesome atmosphere.

FISHDAWG
04-01-2015, 07:59 AM
+2 for Charlies ... home of the 24oz fillet mignon & afterwards you can kick back in their cigar bar ... city walk has Margaritaville, Bubba-Gump Shrimp factory, & several others for casual attire .... something out of the ordinary would be a dinner theater like King Henry's Feast

BeardoMSU
04-01-2015, 08:01 AM
Thanks guys, this should give me plenty to consider.

Bullmutt
04-01-2015, 11:53 AM
1) Le Maison et Jardin

2) Victoria and Albert's

Bully78
04-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Cafe Tu Tu Tango. Great tapas restaurant with artists, belly dancers. Good tapas, good drinks. Also Capital Grill for a great steak.

Daddy Rabbit Dawg
04-02-2015, 10:05 AM
I'll add one more, Christini's. Outstanding Italian food and not far from where you will be.

rabbitthedawg
04-02-2015, 11:53 AM
One of my favorite Chefs is Norman Van Aiken, one of those old time celebrity chefs and has a place in the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes. This is a very upscale place for celebrating etc. His restaurant is called Normans. He also wrote a very entertaining book called, "No Experience Necessary." Fun read. Also if you were to have time drive up about 30 minutes to Mt Dora or Tavares on the shores of Lake Dora. Great food and away from the hustle and bustle. Both towns are exceptional and Tavares is the sea plane capitol where you can ride in a sea plane very inexpensively. FYI