PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know the latest on Newman?

NeshobaChuck
03-31-2015, 09:31 AM
Haven't seen much on here last few days was just curious

maroonmania
03-31-2015, 09:33 AM
I guess we are all still trusting in I seen it dawg.

msstate7
03-31-2015, 09:34 AM
He's with lsu's commits this week it Chicago. Meyer, who is also there CB'ed Malik to lsu last night. Don't know if that means anything or not

jumbo
03-31-2015, 09:37 AM
He's with lsu's commits this week it Chicago. Meyer, who is also there CB'ed Malik to lsu last night. Don't know if that means anything or not

he's changed his CB on him 5-6 times now. I've pretty much lost all confidence in his pick.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2015, 09:38 AM
May as well get comfortable. Malik isn't doing anything for at least another month or so. Just have to sit back & be patient. Meyer has changed his mind so much for Malik because he doesn't know what's going on. I still feel good about Malik but it's not a done deal. He's not going to make a final decision until at least April 27th (the day after the NBA entry deadline) & prolly wont until he takes all of his OV.

thf24
03-31-2015, 09:51 AM
Meyer seems like he's operating similarly to the David Johnson method (CB any recruit who visits Oxford to OM) regarding Malik.

Coach34
03-31-2015, 09:55 AM
Malik won't do anything before declaration day for the NBA draft

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
03-31-2015, 10:11 AM
April 27th is a long way away - what should we be hoping for?

I'm hoping mickey declares soon to help our case against LSU.

What should we hope for w/ Kentucky? Does it help their cause w/ Malik if calipari can bring back booker, lyles, johnson, & a harrison or 2 to increase the chances of another Final Four run? Or would they gain more ground w/ Malik by having a ton of departures, opening up PT?

Jack Lambert
03-31-2015, 10:41 AM
Malik won't do anything before declaration day for the NBA draft

Why is that?

Coach34
03-31-2015, 10:48 AM
Why is that?

To see who leaves early for a few teams

Jack Lambert
03-31-2015, 10:49 AM
To see who leaves early for a few teams

That make sense.

smootness
03-31-2015, 10:58 AM
April 27th is a long way away - what should we be hoping for?

I'm hoping mickey declares soon to help our case against LSU.

What should we hope for w/ Kentucky? Does it help their cause w/ Malik if calipari can bring back booker, lyles, johnson, & a harrison or 2 to increase the chances of another Final Four run? Or would they gain more ground w/ Malik by having a ton of departures, opening up PT?

I think Kentucky returning big men would help them, while returning too many guards would hurt.

For example, Ulis is coming back, and Briscoe is coming in as the nation's top PG. So if they also have Booker and/or a Harrison return, I would assume that would hurt their chances. You know Briscoe is likely being sold on being their #1 PG, and Ulis will play a lot of PG as well. So that alone pretty much leaves him at SG, and if he has to fight for playing time there as well, I can't see him going there.

Mickey leaving would hurt LSU, and that's about the only thing to watch on that front.

I doubt him playing with LSU commits will influence much. Newman seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is trying to make the decision that will best prepare him for the NBA while still being able to win in college. He can win at LSU and will probably be able to play PG (though their returning guards make that interesting), but at State he knows the coach will prepare him, he can play wherever he wants, and he can be the guy while trying to lead his dad's alma mater back.

smootness
03-31-2015, 11:02 AM
Also, Lyles is a top-10 pick. I would be shocked if he comes back.

I do think Dakari Johnson and Poythress will return, but I have seen mock drafts that have them leaving as well. If they do leave, Kentucky will be seriously hurting in the frontcourt unless they pick up a couple studs late. They'll have Marcus Lee and Labissiere along with Derek Willis, but that leaves very little depth.

They also have a 5-star SG coming in, but he's not on Newman's level, so I doubt that would factor in.

Homedawg
03-31-2015, 11:02 AM
I think Kentucky returning big men would help them, while returning too many guards would hurt.

For example, Ulis is coming back, and Briscoe is coming in as the nation's top PG. So if they also have Booker and/or a Harrison return, I would assume that would hurt their chances. You know Briscoe is likely being sold on being their #1 PG, and Ulis will play a lot of PG as well. So that alone pretty much leaves him at SG, and if he has to fight for playing time there as well, I can't see him going there.

Mickey leaving would hurt LSU, and that's about the only thing to watch on that front.

I doubt him playing with LSU commits will influence much. Newman seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is trying to make the decision that will best prepare him for the NBA while still being able to win in college. He can win at LSU and will probably be able to play PG (though their returning guards make that interesting), but at State he knows the coach will prepare him, he can play wherever he wants, and he can be the guy while trying to lead his dad's alma mater back.

I agree with what you said. I keep seeing booker as a lottery pick. I assume he's coming out, but nothing is certain I'm sure.

smootness
03-31-2015, 11:09 AM
I agree with what you said. I keep seeing booker as a lottery pick. I assume he's coming out, but nothing is certain I'm sure.

He's kind of a tweener to me. He's right in that same area Poythress was in when he decided to return after his freshman year. He's projected just outside the lottery, which is plenty high enough to leave. But he may feel like he can show out and elevate his stock even more if he comes back and the Harrisons leave.

The really interesting thing is what happens with the Harrisons. They're projected about mid-2nd round at best, but returning would really hinder what Calipari wants to do, which is let his elite freshmen come in and shine. So do they leave and risk not even being drafted? Or do they stay and risk having their minutes reduced even further and being lost even more in the shuffle?

chef dixon
03-31-2015, 11:42 AM
It's pretty clear to me that he is at the McD All-star game telling every school what they want to hear when asked questions about them. Malik is enjoying his power right now. Just sit and wait it out boys. I still like our chances.

msstate7
03-31-2015, 11:46 AM
He's kind of a tweener to me. He's right in that same area Poythress was in when he decided to return after his freshman year. He's projected just outside the lottery, which is plenty high enough to leave. But he may feel like he can show out and elevate his stock even more if he comes back and the Harrisons leave.

The really interesting thing is what happens with the Harrisons. They're projected about mid-2nd round at best, but returning would really hinder what Calipari wants to do, which is let his elite freshmen come in and shine. So do they leave and risk not even being drafted? Or do they stay and risk having their minutes reduced even further and being lost even more in the shuffle?

I can't imagine why cal would want to get the Harrisons to leave. I realize the freshmen might be more talented, but it can't be enough to overcome the harrisons' experience.

shannondawg
03-31-2015, 11:55 AM
It might hamper his recruitment spiel.

msstate7
03-31-2015, 11:56 AM
It might hamper his recruitment spiel.

If I could have the harrisons 1 year or 2 true freshmen 1 year, give me the harrisons every time.

Dawg61
03-31-2015, 12:54 PM
If I could have the harrisons 1 year or 2 true freshmen 1 year, give me the harrisons every time.

If the Harrison's stay all four years they'll end up with the most wins all-time at Kentucky. They are underrated on that team imo.

messageboardsuperhero
03-31-2015, 01:03 PM
Given the circumstances of all our losing the last few years and Howland just getting here last week, we are in as good of a position as you could ask for, IMO. Like other have said, buckle down because it will be a while and nobody really knows what Newman is going to do.

Mayer has changed his prediction about seven times, so that means next to nothing to me.

Harrydawg
03-31-2015, 01:20 PM
No doubt it's us or LSU..Malik is not going far from
home. Horatio wants him close to he and mom.

We are in fine shape so far

smootness
03-31-2015, 01:30 PM
I can't imagine why cal would want to get the Harrisons to leave. I realize the freshmen might be more talented, but it can't be enough to overcome the harrisons' experience.

Cal has openly told players that if they consider themselves 4-year guys, don't come to Kentucky. He has built that system around being able to go get any recruit he wants, and to do that, he has to promise them playing time and 'shine' and then continue to deliver.

Guys sticking around for 3-4 years hurts that system. He then has to either reduce minutes for guys as they get older, which hurts his ability to deliver on promises to them, or he has less ability to promise and then deliver on playing time for new recruits.

If both Harrison's stay, then he either has to start them or bench them. If he starts them, Isaiah Briscoe and Ulis/Booker don't get as much time, and they either stick around and make it harder to keep recruiting, or the next top guy sees that if he goes to UK, he may sit because they have elite talents ahead of them.

If he benches them, the next top guy sees that if he doesn't light the world on fire right away, he will eventually be thrown aside and passed over for the next big thing.

Calipari wants his guys to be one and done, or to stick around for 2 years at the most, especially the guys in the top 5-10. The occasional Cauley-Stein is ok, especially since he wasn't a top 10 or even top 20 guy.

He absolutely expected the Harrison's to be one-and-done. Sticking around for a second year was fine. Sticking around for 3 would start to really complicate things.

msstate7
03-31-2015, 01:57 PM
Cal has openly told players that if they consider themselves 4-year guys, don't come to Kentucky. He has built that system around being able to go get any recruit he wants, and to do that, he has to promise them playing time and 'shine' and then continue to deliver.

Guys sticking around for 3-4 years hurts that system. He then has to either reduce minutes for guys as they get older, which hurts his ability to deliver on promises to them, or he has less ability to promise and then deliver on playing time for new recruits.

If both Harrison's stay, then he either has to start them bench them. If he starts them, Isaiah Briscoe and Ulis/Booker don't get as much time, and they either stick around and make it harder to keep recruiting, or the next top guy sees that if he goes to UK, he may sit because they have elite talents ahead of them.

If he benches them, the next top guy sees that if he doesn't light the world on fire right away, he will eventually be thrown aside and passed over for the next big thing.

Calipari wants his guys to be one and done, or to stick around for 2 years at the most, especially the guys in the top 5-10. The occasional Cauley-Stein is ok, especially since he wasn't a top 10 or even top 20 guy.

He absolutely expected the Harrison's to be one-and-done. Sticking around for a second year was fine. Sticking around for 3 would start to really complicate things.

When does attrition start penalizing them? Don't you have to have a certain % graduate?

smootness
03-31-2015, 02:03 PM
When does attrition start penalizing them? Don't you have to have a certain % graduate?

No. If a player leaves for the NBA Draft, he needs only to be in good academic standing at the time. So if that happens, you are not penalized.

The players do have to complete the spring semester, though. But UK's APR scores for basketball have been perfect or close to it for the most part.

msstate7
03-31-2015, 02:09 PM
The players do have to complete the spring semester, though. But UK's APR scores for basketball have been perfect or close to it for the most part.

Red flag imo. Players getting ready for draft knowing they aren't coming back aren't hitting the books

Dawg61
03-31-2015, 02:14 PM

If both Harrison's stay, then he either has to start them bench them. If he starts them, Isaiah Briscoe and Ulis/Booker don't get as much time, and they either stick around and make it harder to keep recruiting, or the next top guy sees that if he goes to UK, he may sit because they have elite talents ahead of them.

Cal can't want them to leave too badly considering this is the best team EVER. I get what you're saying and agree with most of it but the Harrison twins are different. They aren't guaranteed lottery picks and Kentucky has never been better than right now so I'm guessing the twins will be the exception to the rule and will be welcomed to stay as long as they want.

Dawg61
03-31-2015, 02:16 PM
Red flag imo. Players getting ready for draft knowing they aren't coming back aren't hitting the books

Kentucky has this shit down to a science. Players expected to leave early are probably taking the easiest online classes offered at UK.

msstate7
03-31-2015, 02:21 PM
Cal can't want them to leave too badly considering this is the best team EVER. I get what you're saying and agree with most of it but the Harrison twins are different. They aren't guaranteed lottery picks and Kentucky has never been better than right now so I'm guessing the twins will be the exception to the rule and will be welcomed to stay as long as they want.

If the point is to be great every year, it makes no sense to run them off imo.

thf24
03-31-2015, 02:23 PM
Kentucky has this shit down to a science. Players expected to leave early are probably taking the easiest online classes offered at UK.

I wonder what incentives they provide for the players to complete the semester though. I don't see what's stopping them from just packing up the day they get back to campus from their last tournament game and doing whatever they please until the draft. Unless they just really love UK that much, but that can't be the case for at least some, if not most.

msstate7
03-31-2015, 02:29 PM
I wonder what incentives they provide for the players to complete the semester though. I don't see what's stopping them from just packing up the day they get back to campus from their last tournament game and doing whatever they please until the draft. Unless they just really love UK that much, but that can't be the case for at least some, if not most.

They aren't finishing the spring semesters. Why would they? I wouldn't.

smootness
03-31-2015, 02:36 PM

Yes, they are.

smootness
03-31-2015, 02:38 PM

First, they are not the best team ever. Second, the Harrison's are not the reason they're as good as they are.

I'm telling you, the Harrison's continuing to come back hurts that system. It may make them better next year, but it makes it more difficult to continue with the system as it is, so it hurts UK's chances of continuing to get multiple top guys every year.

A logjam at any positions hurts what they're selling.

thunderclap
03-31-2015, 02:44 PM
Still working at the post office

CadaverDawg
03-31-2015, 02:46 PM

Whoever has their username and password is finishing their semester

msstate7
03-31-2015, 02:48 PM
Yes, they are.

Someone may be finishing their work for them, but you'll never convince me that all of them are hitting the books with the draft approaching

msstate7
03-31-2015, 02:48 PM
Whoever has their username and password is finishing their semester

Exactly

Dawg61
03-31-2015, 03:04 PM
First, they are not the best team ever. Second, the Harrison's are not the reason they're as good as they are.

I'm telling you, the Harrison's continuing to come back hurts that system. It may make them better next year, but it makes it more difficult to continue with the system as it is, so it hurts UK's chances of continuing to get multiple top guys every year.

A logjam at any positions hurts what they're selling.

Whose better? UNLV lost to Duke and that's the only team that rivals Kentucky imo. I'm assuming UK wins it all though. The twins are a bigger part to UK's success than you're giving them credit for.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2015, 03:10 PM
Whose better? UNLV lost to Duke and that's the only team that rivals Kentucky imo. I'm assuming UK wins it all though. The twins are a bigger part to UK's success than you're giving them credit for.

They may go undefeated but I think there are quite a few teams that could beat them head to head.

2012 KY
2005 UNC
1996 KY
1992 DUKE
1991 UNLV

Homedawg
03-31-2015, 03:36 PM
They may go undefeated but I think there are quite a few teams that could beat them head to head.

2012 KY
2005 UNC
1996 KY
1992 DUKE
1991 UNLV

I agree w all of these. This year uk team isn't even in their top 3 teams they've had. The fact they haven't lost doesn't make them the best. The comparison teams didn't play the same bad comp. uk is good. Greatest team ever, not close in my opinion.

662dawg
03-31-2015, 03:46 PM
'92 & '93 fab five teams were pretty good 😜

Dawg61
03-31-2015, 04:11 PM
'92 & '93 fab five teams were pretty good ��

To be greatest ever you have to win a title. 91 UNLV is out. Kentucky's defense puts them top 3 all-time at worst. Of course they have to win two more games though.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2015, 04:15 PM
To be greatest ever you have to win a title. 91 UNLV is out. Kentucky's defense puts them top 3 all-time at worst. Of course they have to win two more games though.

See I think we're talking about 2 different things. You're talking greatest season which if they go 40-0 is no question. If we're talking greatest team that means you would take them over any other college team that's ever put on a jersey. That's where I disagree.

Coach34
03-31-2015, 04:33 PM
'92 & '93 fab five teams were pretty good 

82 Carolina

Micheal Jordan
James Worthy
Sam Perkins
Matt Doherty
Buzz Peterson

They would beat the piss out of this Kentucky team. They didnt go undefeated because basketball was simply better then because talented guys stayed in school 3-4 years

Coach34
03-31-2015, 04:35 PM
See I think we're talking about 2 different things. You're talking greatest season which if they go 40-0 is no question. If we're talking greatest team that means you would take them over any other college team that's ever put on a jersey. That's where I disagree.

Totally agree. This Kentucky team isnt one of the 10 greatest "teams" in college basketball history. But they will have the greatest "season"

smootness
03-31-2015, 04:36 PM

They're good, but Kentucky's success comes from their size, their depth, and their defense.

The twins defend well and are big themselves, but their frontcourt is a much bigger reason for their success.

You could plug a whole lot of guards in the country onto this team and have them at least as good as they are now.

smootness
03-31-2015, 04:38 PM
I think 96 Kentucky would give them an unbelievable game, and I think the 12 Kentucky team might be better.

I think the best Duke teams (92, 99, and 01) are all comparable and arguably better.

This year's Kentucky team may have the best defense ever, but there are a ton of teams whose offense was far better.

CadaverDawg
03-31-2015, 04:59 PM

Who knew a guy from Ursinus college knew so much about hoops?*

I agree with you

662dawg
03-31-2015, 05:36 PM
82 Carolina

Micheal Jordan
James Worthy
Sam Perkins
Matt Doherty
Buzz Peterson

They would beat the piss out of this Kentucky team. They didnt go undefeated because basketball was simply better then because talented guys stayed in school 3-4 years

Good lord I didn't realize UNC had all of those at the same time lol

I seen it dawg
03-31-2015, 05:37 PM
Newman to State.

chef dixon
03-31-2015, 06:09 PM
Newman to State.

The bests posts on this site.

fishwater99
03-31-2015, 10:45 PM
Haven't seen much on here last few days was just curious

It was on the U. He was running the point for the West team.
He looked quick, even against that competition.

drummerdawg
03-31-2015, 11:01 PM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1533142-mcdonald-s-q-a-with-malik-newman?s=75&utm_content=buffercfb6e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

msstate7
03-31-2015, 11:14 PM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1533142-mcdonald-s-q-a-with-malik-newman?s=75&utm_content=buffercfb6e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

In that interview, I think it sounds best for lsu and worst for OM

Dawg61
03-31-2015, 11:18 PM

True I am talking about greatest season but I am also talking about best ever and this team's size and defense puts them atleast in the top 5.

Dawg61
03-31-2015, 11:24 PM
82 Carolina

Micheal Jordan
James Worthy
Sam Perkins
Matt Doherty
Buzz Peterson

You drunk? Kentucky would ****ing DESTROY Doherty and Peterson. Jordan would have to score 50 and that's doubtful. Jordan in college wasn't nearly as good as Jordan the 6 time NBA champion. You have to play at your college level not your pro level. Townes & Co. are still gonna be 7 feet and we are yet to learn who is the HOF NBA talents on this Kentucky team.

Coach34
04-01-2015, 05:46 AM
You drunk? Kentucky would ****ing DESTROY Doherty and Peterson. Jordan would have to score 50 and that's doubtful. Jordan in college wasn't nearly as good as Jordan the 6 time NBA champion. You have to play at your college level not your pro level. Townes & Co. are still gonna be 7 feet and we are yet to learn who is the HOF NBA talents on this Kentucky team.

James Worthy- #1 overall draft pick
Sam Perkins- #4 overall draft pick
Micheal Jordan- #3 overall draft pick
Matt Doherty- also drafted

They would have beaten this Kentucky team like a ****ing dog. Micheal Jorfan was very good in college- he just had to share the rock with 2 forwards that were premier players.

Dawg61
04-01-2015, 11:41 AM
James Worthy- #1 overall draft pick
Sam Perkins- #4 overall draft pick
Micheal Jordan- #3 overall draft pick
Matt Doherty- also drafted

They would have beaten this Kentucky team like a ****ing dog. Micheal Jorfan was very good in college- he just had to share the rock with 2 forwards that were premier players.

Whose playing defense in the post vs Townes, WCS, Lee, Johnson? Your Carolina boys would get destroyed. Not everything from the 80's is the greatest ever Uncle Rico.

Homedawg
04-01-2015, 12:01 PM

Actually it was jimmy black not Peterson that started. And no they wouldn't destroy that team. 3 nba all stars. 2 of the 50 greatest. Sorry.

Dawg61
04-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Actually it was jimmy black not Peterson that started. And no they wouldn't destroy that team. 3 nba all stars. 2 of the 50 greatest. Sorry.

Kentucky has ten players that will play in the NBA eventually.

Harrison
Harrison
Townes
WCS
Booker
Lyles
Johnson
Ulis
Poythress
Lee

Homedawg
04-01-2015, 01:04 PM
I didn't know they had changed it to 10 on 10.........

Coach34
04-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Carolina would skull-**** this Kentucky team. It's not that good offensively- but they do play very good D. But we are talking Jordon, Perkins, and Worthy. It's laughable.

Dawg61
04-01-2015, 02:34 PM
I didn't know they had changed it to 10 on 10.........

How can you ignore Kentucky's depth? They have 10 future pros on their team (one is hurt) and they play all of them significant minutes so if you don't keep rotating players like they do your starting five will be totally gassed in the 2nd half. Kentucky wears teams down with their length, size and constant rotating of fresh bodies. Carolina would stay with Kentucky in the first half but they'd get worn down long before the game ends.

Homedawg
04-01-2015, 02:38 PM
How can you ignore Kentucky's depth? They have 10 future pros on their team (one is hurt) and they play all of them significant minutes so if you don't keep rotating players like they do your starting five will be totally gassed in the 2nd half. Kentucky wears teams down with their length, size and constant rotating of fresh bodies. Carolina would stay with Kentucky in the first half but they'd get worn down long before the game ends.

I'm not ignoring their depth. But they have games where they struggle to score. You act as if unc didn't have good players on the bench, they did, but Jordan, worthy, Perkins and black were getting their 30 mins a game. You can have your opinion- I just don't share it. They aren't even in my conversation as greatest team in my lifetime. Not close.

Dawg61
04-01-2015, 02:45 PM
Carolina would skull-**** this Kentucky team. It's not that good offensively- but they do play very good D. But we are talking Jordon, Perkins, and Worthy. It's laughable.

10 NBA players almost all bigger than those three will wear them down. Jordan in college wasn't capable of putting up 63 points yet. He had to endure shitty seasons with the Bulls first before he became GOAT.

Everything from your generation is the best ever for you which is cool I guess but try to enjoy 2015 too.

C34 list of best ever

1. Godfather (pleassssseeee this shit is BORING, I tried to watch all of the first two and had to stop before I killed myself with boredom)
2. Jack Nicklaus (2002 Tiger Woods would double dick Nicklaus no lube)
3. Jordan's Tar Heels
4. Your HS team's you coached would beat every team ever in any sport
5. Sofia Vergara (looks like a tranny dude)

Haha C34 I'm just busting your balls so don't throw my keys on your roof

msstate7
04-01-2015, 02:45 PM
Dawg61... Hardly any all time great team is thought of at the time as being one of the all time greats. If Kentucky wins it all and several of their players have great Nba careers, people will then consider them one of the best ever

Coach34
04-01-2015, 02:49 PM
I'm not ignoring their depth. But they have games where they struggle to score. You act as if unc didn't have good players on the bench, they did, but Jordan, worthy, Perkins and black were getting their 30 mins a game. You can have your opinion- I just don't share it. They aren't even in my conversation as greatest team in my lifetime. Not close.

Not to mention those guys were staying college longer. NC beat a Georgetown team that had Patrick Ewing for 4 years. Worthy stayed 3 years and was National POY. Sam Perkins played 4 years in college.

You can "Uncle Rico" bullshit all you want- but college basketball was better then because players stayed and developed longer. Imagine Malik Newman staying 3 years today? Imagine that Kentucky team with those guys as Jr'sand Sr's? Now then you could have a case...

Dawg61
04-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Dawg61... Hardly any all time great team is thought of at the time as being one of the all time greats. If Kentucky wins it all and several of their players have great Nba careers, people will then consider them one of the best ever

That's faulty thinking though. You're letting future NBA careers dictate interpretation of COLLEGE players/teams. Laettner, Corliss Williamson, Scotty Thurman, Jay Williams, Sam Bowie and on and on and on of GREAT college players that didn't amount to much in the NBA. Just because Jordan turned into GOAT doesn't make him GOAT while he was IN COLLEGE.

Dawg61
04-01-2015, 02:53 PM
college basketball was better then because players stayed and developed longer.

I could not agree more and it sucks that we'll never get back to that again

Homedawg
04-01-2015, 02:57 PM
That's faulty thinking though. You're letting future NBA careers dictate interpretation of COLLEGE players/teams. Laettner, Corliss Williamson, Scotty Thurman, Jay Williams, Sam Bowie and on and on and on of GREAT college players that didn't amount to much in the NBA. Just because Jordan turned into GOAT doesn't make him GOAT while he was IN COLLEGE.

He was the Naismith award winner- ya know, player of the year- he didn't just become a stud in the nba

Coach34
04-01-2015, 03:04 PM
10 NBA players almost all bigger than those three will wear them down. Jordan in college wasn't capable of putting up 63 points yet. He had to endure shitty seasons with the Bulls first before he became GOAT.

Everything from your generation is the best ever for you which is cool I guess but try to enjoy 2015 too.

C34 list of best ever

1. Godfather (pleassssseeee this shit is BORING, I tried to watch all of the first two and had to stop before I killed myself with boredom) Actually, Goodfellas and Pulp Fiction are my top 2- but the Godfather is very good.

2. Jack Nicklaus (2002 Tiger Woods would double dick Nicklaus no lube)- Tiger may have been better than Nicklaus for a short period- but Nicklaus was great longer, not to mention more great golfers with a spine competing against Jack

3. Jordan's Tar Heels- Yes, this team may have been the greatest. UNLV and Duke have a case also.

4. Your HS team's you coached would beat every team ever in any sport- only the 2004 team had it stayed together. Very young team that split up because some of the parents were idiots. Had that team stayed together, we would have gone unbeaten in 2005 (2 future SEC pitchers plus 2 others left- and we still went 28-6). But most of my teams were underdogs fighting for respect and beating more talented teams.

5. Sofia Vergara (looks like a tranny dude)- I think Sofia is awesome, but I'm a blonde addict. Give me a young Sharon Stone, Pam Anderson, Suzanne Sommers, or Farrah Fawcett as best ever.

Haha C34 I'm just busting your balls so don't throw my keys on your roof

FiFY

Coach34
04-01-2015, 03:18 PM
http://people.famouswhy.com/images/Image_of_Sofia_Vergara.jpg

I know I'm getting old- but that doesnt look like a tranny

Dawg61
04-01-2015, 03:24 PM
http://people.famouswhy.com/images/Image_of_Sofia_Vergara.jpg

I know I'm getting old- but that doesnt look like a tranny

Haha pic looks ten years old must be a preop pic before she turns into Bruce Jenner**

smootness
04-01-2015, 03:37 PM
First, let's calm down on the definitive statements about Kentucky destroying anybody. They let 2015 Texas A&M take them to overtime, so no, they would not definitively stomp 82 Carolina.

Second, Jordan put up the greatest rookie season in NBA history and averaged 37/game his second full year. Let's not pretend it took him a while to become great.

And that 82 season? As a sophomore? Scored 20/game while shooting well above 50% from the field. And he was already the most athletic player in basketball history at that point. He was capable of doing whatever he wanted at that point.

His title-winning self was actually slightly worse as a pure scorer than he was earlier in his career. He was ridiculous in college.

Dawg61
04-01-2015, 03:58 PM
And that 82 season? As a sophomore? Scored 20/game while shooting well above 50% from the field. And he was already the most athletic player in basketball history at that point. He was capable of doing whatever he wanted at that point.

His title-winning self was actually slightly worse as a pure scorer than he was earlier in his career. He was ridiculous in college.

Wrong year. I'm talking about the 81-82 UNC team with Jordan as a freshman when he made the game winning shot. That year he averaged 13.5 points a game. Look at the height of that UNC team. No way could they hang down low with Townes & Co.

Height Year Home Town
Lynwood Robinson 4 Guard 6–1 Freshman Mt. Olive, NC
Jimmy Black 21 Guard 6–3 Senior Bronx, NY
Buzz Peterson 22 Guard 6–3 Freshman Asheville, NC
Michael Jordan 23 Guard/Forward 6–6 Freshman Wilmington, NC
Jim Braddock 24 Guard 6–2 Junior Chattanooga, TN
John Brownlee 32 Forward/Center 6–10 Freshman Fort Worth, TX
Sam Perkins 41 Center/Forward 6–9 Sophomore Latham, NY
Jeb Barlow 43 Forward 6–7 Senior Fuquay-Varina, NC
Matt Doherty 44 Forward 6–7 Sophomore East Meadow, NY
Chris Brust 45 Center/Forward 6–9 Senior Babylon, NY
Cecil Exum 50 Forward 6–6 Sophomore Dudley, NC
Timo Makkonen 51 Center 6–11 Sophomore Lahti, Finland
James Worthy 52 Forward 6–8 Junior Gastonia, NC
Warren Martin 54 Center 6–11

msstate7
04-01-2015, 04:22 PM
First, let's calm down on the definitive statements about Kentucky destroying anybody. They let 2015 Texas A&M take them to overtime, so no, they would not definitively stomp 82 Carolina.

Second, Jordan put up the greatest rookie season in NBA history and averaged 37/game his second full year. Let's not pretend it took him a while to become great.

Not saying who would win that matchup, but I'll bet that team wasn't nearly as highly thought of then as it is now. Knowing the players worthy and Jordan became probably makes that unc team look much better in hindsight

msstate7
04-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Unc won their tourney games by 2, 5, 10, 5, and 1. They won the championship, but I figure the GOAT would cruise a little more thru the tourney

It_Could_Happen
04-01-2015, 04:28 PM
I know I'm late but in my opinion the best college team ever is 90' UNLV with Greg Anthony and Larry Johnson. They won the title game by 30.

Dawg61
04-01-2015, 04:32 PM
I know I'm late but in my opinion the best college team ever is 90' UNLV with Greg Anthony and Larry Johnson. They won the title game by 30.

91 UNLV would of beaten 90 UNLV so they don't get GOAT but I agree with you that the 91 team is in the top 5

Homedawg
04-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Unc won their tourney games by 2, 5, 10, 5, and 1. They won the championship, but I figure the GOAT would cruise a little more thru the tourney

There was no shot clock. Games were way more deliberate. Therefore, scoring margins were less. And the field was 48 teams and as stated before college hoops was a way better product.

Homedawg
04-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Wrong year. I'm talking about the 81-82 UNC team with Jordan as a freshman when he made the game winning shot. That year he averaged 13.5 points a game. Look at the height of that UNC team. No way could they hang down low with Townes & Co.

Height Year Home Town
Lynwood Robinson 4 Guard 6–1 Freshman Mt. Olive, NC
Jimmy Black 21 Guard 6–3 Senior Bronx, NY
Buzz Peterson 22 Guard 6–3 Freshman Asheville, NC
Michael Jordan 23 Guard/Forward 6–6 Freshman Wilmington, NC
Jim Braddock 24 Guard 6–2 Junior Chattanooga, TN
John Brownlee 32 Forward/Center 6–10 Freshman Fort Worth, TX
Sam Perkins 41 Center/Forward 6–9 Sophomore Latham, NY
Jeb Barlow 43 Forward 6–7 Senior Fuquay-Varina, NC
Matt Doherty 44 Forward 6–7 Sophomore East Meadow, NY
Chris Brust 45 Center/Forward 6–9 Senior Babylon, NY
Cecil Exum 50 Forward 6–6 Sophomore Dudley, NC
Timo Makkonen 51 Center 6–11 Sophomore Lahti, Finland
James Worthy 52 Forward 6–8 Junior Gastonia, NC
Warren Martin 54 Center 6–11

Perkins had over a 7' wingspan. He would matchup fine. Who's going to guard Jordan? Harrison twin? Is Townes going to try to check worthy? Not a good matchup for the cats on the defensive end.

Coach34
04-01-2015, 04:54 PM

Well, again- we're talking a different era that didnt have a watered down Tourney. 48 teams- not 68. They beat a very good Bama team, And that 1982 Final Four had one of the greatest collections of players ever- Olajuwon, Drexler, McCrays, Smith, Jordan, Worthy, Perkins, Ewing, Floyd...sick talent in that FF

Coach34
04-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Perkins had over a 7' wingspan. He would matchup fine. Who's going to guard Jordan? Harrison twin? Is Townes going to try to check worthy? Not a good matchup for the cats on the defensive end.

Nobody for Kentucky is guarding Jordan or Worthy. Shit, they would score on them now- much less then

msstate7
04-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Nobody for Kentucky is guarding Jordan or Worthy. Shit, they would score on them now- much less then

If you played by 82 rules with no 3-point line, kentucky's team would be hell to score on in a zone defense.

Coach34
04-01-2015, 05:11 PM
There was no shot clock. Games were way more deliberate. Therefore, scoring margins were less. And the field was 48 teams and as stated before college hoops was a way better product.

No 3 point shot either

BiscuitEater
04-01-2015, 05:15 PM

It didn't hurt that they also got 3 extremely 'friendly' calls in the first round to win by 2 over that 'powerhouse' James Madison

MedDawg
04-01-2015, 05:25 PM

Height Year Home Town
Lynwood Robinson 4 Guard 6?1 Freshman Mt. Olive, NC
Jimmy Black 21 Guard 6?3 Senior Bronx, NY
Buzz Peterson 22 Guard 6?3 Freshman Asheville, NC
Michael Jordan 23 Guard/Forward 6?6 Freshman Wilmington, NC
Jim Braddock 24 Guard 6?2 Junior Chattanooga, TN
John Brownlee 32 Forward/Center 6?10 Freshman Fort Worth, TX
Sam Perkins 41 Center/Forward 6?9 Sophomore Latham, NY
Jeb Barlow 43 Forward 6?7 Senior Fuquay-Varina, NC
Matt Doherty 44 Forward 6?7 Sophomore East Meadow, NY
Chris Brust 45 Center/Forward 6?9 Senior Babylon, NY
Cecil Exum 50 Forward 6?6 Sophomore Dudley, NC
Timo Makkonen 51 Center 6?11 Sophomore Lahti, Finland
James Worthy 52 Forward 6?8 Junior Gastonia, NC
Warren Martin 54 Center 6?11

So Jordan and Peterson were freshmen, Doherty and Perkins were sophomores, and Worthy was a junior. Not only can you not project their NBA careers onto their abilities in 1982, you can't even project their best college abilities, except for Worthy who went pro in 1982. Without Worthy, Jordan/UNC lost in the 3rd round (52 total teams) and in the 2nd round (53 total teams).

smootness
04-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about his sophomore year, thought that was the year Worthy left for some reason.

Anyway, no way small lil' Notre Dame could hang with the size of Kentucky**

Norte Dame figured out what Georgia did...that what Kentucky has in size, they lack in foot speed and quickness. You can use that to your advantage, particularly with a Lyles at SF. Justine Winslow particularly could be huge against UK in a potential title game matchup. Kentucky has nobody that can defend him.

Dawg61
04-02-2015, 01:07 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about his sophomore year, thought that was the year Worthy left for some reason.

Anyway, no way small lil' Notre Dame could hang with the size of Kentucky**

Norte Dame figured out what Georgia did...that what Kentucky has in size, they lack in foot speed and quickness. You can use that to your advantage, particularly with a Lyles at SF. Justine Winslow particularly could be huge against UK in a potential title game matchup. Kentucky has nobody that can defend him.

Notre Dame played nearly a perfect game. They were brilliant. At one point they had gone 29 minutes without a turnover. Kentucky didn't miss a single FG the final 10:30 of the game and only won by two. That's insane. Nobody will play Kentucky that perfect again.

Coach34
04-02-2015, 05:45 AM
I won't be surprised if Wisconsin does a lot of the same vs Kentucky