PDA

View Full Version : Another one of Ole Miss' entitled finest... They draw a sick bunch.

RougeDawg
03-31-2015, 01:05 AM
Warning. Most likely not safe for work.

All I have to say is "Cocaine is a hellavu drug".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3018777/The-privately-educated-frat-brother-bit-head-live-hamster-like-animal-sickening-Spring-Break-video.html

Johnson85
03-31-2015, 07:26 AM
Warning. Most likely not safe for work.

All I have to say is "Cocaine is a hellavu drug".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3018777/The-privately-educated-frat-brother-bit-head-live-hamster-like-animal-sickening-Spring-Break-video.html

I have to admit that Freeze would have been my first guess for an ole miss affiliated person using his teeth to rip the heads off of animals.

messageboardsuperhero
03-31-2015, 08:02 AM
You have to be one sick twisted **** to bite the head off a live animal. **** that guy.

If PETA gets their hands on this, it's going to go downhill fast for him.

AFDawg
03-31-2015, 08:09 AM
Well, PETA got their hands on it, and it made a UK paper. I'd say going downhill fast for him is exactly what it's doing.

That dude needs some help--and probably a lot less money in his life.

starkvegasdawg
03-31-2015, 09:01 AM
Maybe he's trying to start a new outfield tradition after a home run so they don't waste so much beer.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-31-2015, 09:04 AM
and probably a lot less money in his life.

So he did it because he had money? I must have missed the study that said rich kids were more likely to bite heads of pets.

Thompson92
03-31-2015, 09:11 AM
Someone needs to put together a twitter bot that responds with this story every time one of them tweets "#flagship".

BulldogDX55
03-31-2015, 09:11 AM
So he did it because he had money? I must have missed the study that said rich kids were more likely to bite heads of pets.

Maybe not specifically bite off the heads of animals, but act out in general because they know they can get away with it.

Example: http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/us/texas-affluenza-teen/

MaxedOutMaroon
03-31-2015, 09:19 AM
I will never understand the life of an OM frat boy.

AFDawg
03-31-2015, 09:32 AM

Because he had money? No. I didn't say that. Was he coddled by wealthy parents? Does he think he can get away with anything? Will daddy rescue him? I'll bet you dollars to donuts. (Note I said "probably.")

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-31-2015, 09:37 AM
Maybe not specifically bite off the heads of animals, but act out in general because they know they can get away with it.

One example of affluenza to prove your point?? haha Looks like we have a serious problem here.

sandwolf
03-31-2015, 09:42 AM

Yes, because poor/middle class kids never act out.....

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-31-2015, 09:45 AM
Because he had money? No. I didn't say that. Was he coddled by wealthy parents? Does he think he can get away with anything? Will daddy rescue him? I'll bet you dollars to donuts. (Note I said "probably.")

That's a pretty generalized statement. Do you know these things happen from experience or is that an assumption? The majority of the people I know that are "rich" have kids that are the complete opposite, but they aren't involved in politics. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Johnson85
03-31-2015, 09:49 AM
You have to be one sick twisted **** to bite the head off a live animal. **** that guy.

If PETA gets their hands on this, it's going to go downhill fast for him.

PETA getting their hands on it is irrelevant. What's a lot more relevant is whether he will be prosecuted (I don't think PETA is influential enough in Florida, Alabama, or MS to affect this) and how much legs this will have as an internet sensation (something PETA affect, but I don't think really drive).

He will probably be able to plea down to a misdemeanor if anything comes of it legally. If he becomes a target of the internet crowd and his internet identity is really cemented, he'll be pretty limited going forward. Basically ole miss law school and working for his dad or something like real estate with his dad's money. Maybe he can be set up with a position in the state democratic party in an out of the way place long enough that this is forgotten.

Or maybe he can change his name enough that google won't always rat him out when this blows over.

Johnson85
03-31-2015, 09:51 AM
That's a pretty generalized statement. Do you know these things happen from experience or is that an assumption? The majority of the people I know that are "rich" have kids that are the complete opposite, but they aren't involved in politics. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Do you really not know anybody that didn't learn from their mistakes because their parent's money shielded them from consequences? No clue if that has happened here, but it happens. I can also tell that anecdotally, it seems to be a bigger problem for children of lawyers than children of people who got rich other ways. But maybe that's just because in a lot of small towns in Mississippi, the only rich people other than the owners of the dominant business in town are the plaintiff's lawyers.

AFDawg
03-31-2015, 10:12 AM

Nor did I say a majority of rich kids act out. But, yes, I have seen and know plenty of entitled kids who expect their parents wealth to shield them from consequences. It's a common narrative. (Is that really so hard to grasp?)

And yes, it's a generalized statement. But this is a message board. It's made for speculation, generalization, and (dare I say) interpolation.

And wealth couldn't have possibly had anything to do with it but politics could? Pot meet kettle.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-31-2015, 10:19 AM
Do you really not know anybody that didn't learn from their mistakes because their parent's money shielded them from consequences? No clue if that has happened here, but it happens. I can also tell that anecdotally, it seems to be a bigger problem for children of lawyers than children of people who got rich other ways. But maybe that's just because in a lot of small towns in Mississippi, the only rich people other than the owners of the dominant business in town are the plaintiff's lawyers.

I understand it happens, but from my experience it's not a major issue. I'm not denying what the guy did was wrong, but what human did he harm? I assume you feel the same way about entitled pro athletes that commit domestic violence, gain reduced sentences, and other various acts of violence; including death against human beings.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-31-2015, 10:34 AM
Nor did I say a majority of rich kids act out. But, yes, I have seen and know plenty of entitled kids who expect their parents wealth to shield them from consequences. It's a common narrative. (Is that really so hard to grasp?)
Where from...TV and movies? There is only one documented case of affluenza in the US. What are some examples of consequences that you've seen kids escape from because they were rich?

[/QUOTE]And wealth couldn't have possibly had anything to do with it but politics could? Pot meet kettle.[/QUOTE]
I was inferring that wealth and politics may have combined to affect this kid, but it's probably just the fact that he was raised by democrat.

Jack Lambert
03-31-2015, 10:38 AM
I say ban him for San Antonio. If he will bite the head of of a live animal than he is surely going to piss on the Alamo in the future.

AFDawg
03-31-2015, 11:13 AM
Where from...TV and movies? There is only one documented case of affluenza in the US. What are some examples of consequences that you've seen kids escape from because they were rich?

I never used the term affluenza.

I can think of kids escaping the consequences of an armed robbery, an assault, and a DUI just off the top of my head from my hometown and my wife's. And all of those are much worse than Eaves's oral hamster decapitation. His actions are just grosser and, thanks to the internet, more public.

Aside from the obviously criminal, I've seen tons of rich kids with alcohol and drug problems. And while of course those can happen to people in any socioeconomic group, access to wealth can contribute to the problem, especially when parents turn a blind eye. My childhood neighbor is the embodiment of that story: rich but detached parents, access to alcohol and drugs at a young age, minimized legal consequences and ongoing financial support from his parents into his thirties, and finally an overdose that killed him.

Johnson85
03-31-2015, 12:07 PM
I understand it happens, but from my experience it's not a major issue. I'm not denying what the guy did was wrong, but what human did he harm? I assume you feel the same way about entitled pro athletes that commit domestic violence, gain reduced sentences, and other various acts of violence; including death against human beings.

I don't think anyone is claiming it's a major issue, it's just a common one that is well recognized. Most kids from rich parents are pretty decent, b/c they inherited their parents genes and rich people tend to have genes that make them predisposed towards being productive members of society. But there are still plenty of examples where children of rich kids go off the deep end, and it appears on the surface that the parents enabling the kids and shielding them from consequences is a major cause of it (whether it really is or not, who knows, but people like narratives and this one rings true with people).

The fact that you are able to recognize a similar narrative about pro athletes makes me think you are just pretending to be ignorant of the basically same narrative applied to children from rich families.

ETA: And note that the comment was made in response to a kid from Jackson Prep, with a rich plaintiff's lawyer father that is also invovled in the state political machine of one of the two major parties, is in a fraternity at ole Miss, is on a spring break trip, apparently runs with a crowd that feels like they can "waste" drugs and alcohol on a hamster, and that he 17ing bit the head off of a live hamster. Maybe he's just a kid with issues and would be biting the heads off animals no matter his background, but it doesn't seem crazy to speculate that maybe he would do less damaging things if he didn't have access to as much money.

TheRef
03-31-2015, 12:26 PM
And this thread will be locked unless they want to move this to the politics forum.