PDA

View Full Version : Good luck Darryl Norris- he's moving on

Coach34
06-28-2013, 04:06 PM
gonna sign with Detroit.

I was hoping he would would come back and pitch all season- but maybe this is best for both sides

Sandman14
06-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Damn. I always liked Norris. I was somewhat aggravated that he wasn't getting the PT earlier this year....but I had to come to grips with the fact that he was not putting together quality at bats. Then I rooted for him to get some actions pitching...but then he served up a moon rocket to lose the USC game...

Really wish he was coming back. Always thought he was capable of doing well at the plate for us. He was a big part of our run to within nine outs of Omaha, if I recall.

Coach34
06-28-2013, 04:35 PM
I thought if he went full-time to the pen- he could be a big help to us on the mound next year. Throws 90+, just needs the work. Well, he will get it in a Tiger uni now

CadaverDawg
06-28-2013, 04:36 PM
I thought if he went full-time to the pen- he could be a big help to us on the mound next year. Throws 90+, just needs the work. Well, he will get it in a Tiger uni now

Yea, his loss is not a killer by any means, but it would have been nice to have a flame thrower out of the pen next year. 94 mph doesn't grow on trees. But we will be fine.

Squidawg11
06-28-2013, 04:45 PM
I wish him the best.

maroonmania
06-28-2013, 04:49 PM
Yes, wish him the best. Would have like to have seen what he could do as a pitcher next year but we've got a ton of pitching coming in.

SnakePlissken
06-28-2013, 05:34 PM
I thought if he went full-time to the pen- he could be a big help to us on the mound next year. Throws 90+, just needs the work. Well, he will get it in a Tiger uni nowGoing full time to pitching is what he told me yesterday. He said he was playing mediocre at both (pitching/fielding) and wanted to become a solid pitcher. Of course he didn't mention the Tigers and I wouldn't expect him to 24 hrs ago. I wish him all the best as he is a solid person all the way around!

Coach34
06-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Going full time to pitching is what he told me yesterday. He said he was playing mediocre at both (pitching/fielding) and wanted to become a solid pitcher. Of course he didn't mention the Tigers and I wouldn't expect him to 24 hrs ago. I wish him all the best as he is a solid person all the way around!

he's exactly right- I wish the staff had sent him to the pen in March when he was struggling at the plate and been done with it. He would have been much more of a factor the last 2 months for sure