msstate7
03-30-2015, 04:15 PM
Got this from hammer down on sps...

Daniel brown starting tues

Laster starting thurs

I guess Preston and Tatum out of pen

confucius say
03-30-2015, 04:40 PM
Why wouldn't Tatum start game 3 on Saturday?

msstate7
03-30-2015, 04:43 PM
Why wouldn't Tatum start game 3 on Saturday?

I was going with hammer down's guess. I have no idea who will start

Coach34
03-30-2015, 04:43 PM
Hammer Down is Goat btw

msstate7
03-30-2015, 04:45 PM
I could see it 2 different ways...

Laster followed by Preston
Sexton followed by Ross
Tatum followed by fitts

Or

Laster followed by fitts
Sexton followed by Ross
Preston followed by Tatum

JohnnyQuid
03-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Yea Tatum out the pen makes no sense.

confucius say
03-30-2015, 04:49 PM
I like Tatum in game three. He his unbeaten and should have at least two more wins (San Diego and tide) if our bullpen doesn't crap it's pants. If you can just manage to grind out a win in game one or two, he is going to give you a great shot in game 3 to get the series.

Coach34
03-30-2015, 04:53 PM
make no sense to move Tatum out of the rotation

confucius say
03-30-2015, 04:53 PM
I'm fine with "throwing off" on Friday nights. Not normally, but with this team, it might be the best strategy to win two of three. Save sexton, Preston, Tatum, fitts, and Ross for sat-sun. Throw laster on Fridays and if you are in it late then great, alter the strategy a bit.

Todd4State
03-30-2015, 05:05 PM
That's a little surprising to be honest with you. It maybe makes sense from the standpoint that we have a game on Thursday, Fri, Sat. I do think that Laster has been one of our better starting pitchers overall.

The other thing is we have four midweek games left, so Laster was going to be pitching more on the weekends anyway. I do think it would make the bullpen deeper, and to be honest I thought both Ross and Fitts did pretty well this past weekend overall.

CadaverDawg
03-30-2015, 05:08 PM
Good. Start putting all your best pitching on Sat and Sun against our opponents weaker pitching, and hope for the best on Friday. Probly our best chance to win a series

Coach34
03-30-2015, 05:22 PM
I would go tandem style:

Game 1- Laster/Fitts
Game 2- Sexton/Mitchell
Game 3- Tatum/Preston Brown

Todd4State
03-30-2015, 05:24 PM
The other thing is after we pitched our starters for 120+ early in the year, a little extra rest probably wouldn't hurt them.

Todd4State
03-30-2015, 05:33 PM
Paul Jones just confirmed about 30 minutes ago that Daniel Brown will indeed start.

Dallas_Dawg
03-30-2015, 05:57 PM
Has Paul Young pitched yet?

Todd4State
03-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Has Paul Young pitched yet?

Yes. 0.1 IP against UK and I think he had 2 BB's and 3 WP to go with 1 K.

I seen it dawg
03-30-2015, 06:10 PM
I would go tandem style:

Game 1- Laster/Fitts
Game 2- Sexton/Mitchell
Game 3- Tatum/Preston Brown

How long have we been talking this? Late February. Makes way too much sense to do.

MsStateBaseball
03-30-2015, 07:55 PM
Main focus here is Brown is a good pitcher and we need him to pitch and he is not a reliever, never been one from what I read. He gets better after an inning or two like my son. My son can't be a reliever, takes him a while to get going. Lots of pitcher like that, high ERA in the 1st then lower as games goes on. Laster can be a reliever. This is a good move by Butch, I hope it works.

War Machine Dawg
03-30-2015, 07:55 PM
Ugh. I hate this move. It's not rocket science. The only real problem with the rotation so far has been the order. It should be:

Thu/Fri: Sexton
Fri/Sat: Tatum
Sat/Sun: Preston

THAT is your rotation. Anything else is overthinking it and panicking. Laster needs to be midweek and come out of the pen during game 2 or 3. And can we give Paul Young a chance already?

Todd4State
03-30-2015, 08:28 PM
Ugh. I hate this move. It's not rocket science. The only real problem with the rotation so far has been the order. It should be:

Thu/Fri: Sexton
Fri/Sat: Tatum
Sat/Sun: Preston

THAT is your rotation. Anything else is overthinking it and panicking. Laster needs to be midweek and come out of the pen during game 2 or 3. And can we give Paul Young a chance already?

Paul Young pitched against Kentucky and was extremely wild. It looks like he's either going to be a guy that helps us next year or flames out. I'm not sure he can help us out now, and if he does it's only going to be for one inning. Like I said, Laster has been better than all three of the SEC weekend guys this year. I'm OK giving him a shot at the rotation. Not much difference between pitching 4-5 in relief and starting and going 4-5 in the long run.

I'm not sure what the plan is as far as Daniel Brown anyway in terms of how long they want him to go. Our last four midweek games could be bullpen games essentially. We'll find that out tomorrow I guess.