PDA

View Full Version : I say it is time to FIRE JOHN COHEN

Bully13
03-29-2015, 07:40 PM
I can take no more of this bullshit.

the fans, alumni and the support it brings deserves better.

John: don't know where it went wrong bro, but you ain't cuttin' the mustard anymore.

7 years and it ain't right.

pack you bags bro.. this shit ain't cuttin' it.

preachermatt83
03-29-2015, 07:42 PM
7 years, 1 regional host just aint good enough for this program.

Todd4State
03-29-2015, 07:49 PM
Didn't we win today? Or did you mean to post this yesterday and your computer is really slow?

Bucky Dog
03-29-2015, 07:52 PM
It's funny how when this was mentioned barely even a week ago people were still saying, "you're crazy, he took us to the NC game!" I have a friend that said last year he wanted him fired because he saw his philosophy wasn't going to work long term and with his underdevelopment of players he needed to go.

I don't like or want that to happen. It I am a realist as well and it just isn't adding up. There will need to be a major turnaround and surge in our offense and wins, or he will definitely have one last year to save himself.

Bully13
03-29-2015, 07:56 PM
Didn't we win today? Or did you mean to post this yesterday and your computer is really slow?

yes we won,.. that is what makes my post more legit than the blind support you give. landing a Sunday win before the 2 losses that preceded Sunday need not be a breath of fresh air or blind sighted window of optimism.

you sir, Todd, with all due respect need to revert back to the realistic post you did earlier.

thank you for all the info on the croots. .. but the guy at the helm , does NOT know how to develop them and create runs. nor does he know how to adapt to modern day college ball.

fire his 17ing ass NOW!!!!

Todd4State
03-29-2015, 07:57 PM
It's funny how when this was mentioned barely even a week ago people were still saying, "you're crazy, he took us to the NC game!" I have a friend that said last year he wanted him fired because he saw his philosophy wasn't going to work long term and with his underdevelopment of players he needed to go.

I don't like or want that to happen. It I am a realist as well and it just isn't adding up. There will need to be a major turnaround and surge in our offense and wins, or he will definitely have one last year to save himself.

Not nearly as crazy as people attempting to focus on one regional host and completely ignoring four regional appearances in a row, a CWS finals appearance, two SR appearances, and a SEC Tournament Title in the same time span.

But we are talking MSU fans here.

Todd4State
03-29-2015, 08:03 PM
yes we won,.. that is what makes my post more legit than the blind support you give. landing a Sunday win before the 2 losses that preceded Sunday need not be a breath of fresh air or blind sighted window of optimism.

you sir, Todd, with all due respect need to revert back to the realistic post you did earlier.

thank you for all the info on the croots. .. but the guy at the helm , does NOT know how to develop them and create runs. nor does he know how to adapt to modern day college ball.

fire his 17ing ass NOW!!!!

Blind support or do I just see the big picture?

As I said in my "realistic post" yesterday the changes that need to be made are very minor and that blowing up everything would hurt us in the long run. The best thing we could do is replace Mingione.

Of course, I would prefer not risk losing a class full of Team USA players, UA All-Americans, and PG All-Americans and hurting MSU baseball in the long run by firing Cohen now. Especially considering what Cohen has done the past FOUR years in a row.

Homedawg
03-29-2015, 08:03 PM

John: don't know where it went wrong bro, but you ain't cuttin' the mustard anymore.

Mind boggling.

Todd4State
03-29-2015, 08:05 PM
Mind boggling.

I know. We deserve better than going to the NC Finals. Anything less than that, it's get the 17 out of here.

messageboardsuperhero
03-29-2015, 08:05 PM
Philosophy changes and staff changes need to be made- that is apparent. But Cohen doesn't need to be fired.

Harrydawg
03-29-2015, 08:10 PM
You have lost your 17ing mind.

Put the key board down and step away.......

Bully13
03-29-2015, 08:11 PM
17 Cohen. he has become a dumbass *****. I'm sick of this 7 year pile of shit.

Bully13
03-29-2015, 08:12 PM
I'm sorry, ****** should have been used. Pu$$y isn't allowed.

I seen it dawg
03-29-2015, 08:16 PM
This is gonna be a good one.

shoeless joe
03-29-2015, 08:31 PM
I'm sure once we fire Cohen numerous elite coaches will be knocking down our door to replace the guy we just fired after the most successful 4 year run since the 90s...including a never been done before national runner up.

Sounds like a good plan...let's get this ball rolling!

Homedawg
03-29-2015, 08:33 PM

I'll say you have joined an elite class of morons on this board w this topic. Thanks

TopDog58
03-29-2015, 08:47 PM
I'm sure once we fire Cohen numerous elite coaches will be knocking down our door to replace the guy we just fired after the most successful 4 year run since the 90s...including a never been done before national runner up.

Sounds like a good plan...let's get this ball rolling!

Agreed. And actually, for a program that hasnt sniffed an SEC title since 1989, has never won the Western Division, and has just 3 tournament titles in25 years, cohen in reality in overachieving at a middle of the road SEC program

HancockCountyDog
03-29-2015, 08:51 PM
To be fair, you shouldn't count the first two years, so it's one host in five years. Still not great, but let's at least be honest.

Also, a national title game should get you an extra year, regardless.

If he doesn't host next year, there is a problem.

Thick
03-29-2015, 08:51 PM
B

Just curious, but you realize that we are one game behind 3 in the west, and 2 games out of second. No one's happy with the start, but he's not going anywhere 2 years removed from the NC game, plus a complete renovation of the Dude based on what he is trying to build. Eat a pill and relax.

Bully13
03-29-2015, 08:56 PM
B

Just curious, but you realize that we are one game behind 3 in the west, and 2 games out of second. No one's happy with the start, but he's not going anywhere 2 years removed from the NC game, plus a complete renovation of the Dude based on what he is trying to build. Eat a pill and relax.

you are 17ing joking , no? not sucking enough to be concerned? just let dirt shit programs come in and wipe their asses on Dudy Noble? that shit works for you? are you that much of a loser?

hells bells
03-29-2015, 09:02 PM
This post is pathetic. Have mommy tuck you in bed tonight and get up with a better attitude Monday. Or just kiss my ass.

DancingRabbit
03-29-2015, 09:03 PM

I have to admit, you sound like a DamnGoodDawg **

Coach34
03-29-2015, 09:04 PM

He has taken us farther than any other coach in the history of the program
Polk had a losing SEC record 5 of his last 7 and 6 of his last 9 seasons coaching at State

I'm not happy with THIS season- but until we miss an NCAA Tourney- his seat isnt warm

Quaoarsking
03-29-2015, 09:08 PM
Cohen has had some bad luck when it comes to the NCAA hosting bubble. If there were 20 hosts instead of 16, for example, we'd probably have hosted each of the last 3 years rather than just 1. Or if the NCAA used crowds/$$ as a factor in deciding who hosts like it used to, we would have hosted the last 3 years.

I'm not trying to make excuses -- I'm just pointing things out. Baseball's a funny game and we were probably 1 SEC win away from hosting in 2012 and 2014. We'll eventually balance it out with some years on the right side of the hosting bubble, even though some of our fans will try to discount it because we only "barely hosted."

Bully13
03-29-2015, 09:15 PM
Cohen has failed. this is year 7. those with less resources are coming in to Dudy Noble and jerking off in our hair.

those who support Cohen at this point also enjoy semen being shot off in their hair.

I seen it dawg
03-29-2015, 09:18 PM
Well that's enough of that shit. He's taking a break.

JohnnyQuid
03-29-2015, 09:38 PM
Cohen has failed. this is year 7. those with less resources are coming in to Dudy Noble and jerking off in our hair.

those who support Cohen at this point also enjoy semen being shot off in their hair.

lol. sigh

State82
03-29-2015, 09:38 PM

Drunk? High?

Stupid?

Dawgface
03-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Funny.... we finally break through with a win and some of the ones who were bitching have gone soft.

Coach34
03-29-2015, 10:13 PM
Funny.... we finally break through with a win and some of the ones who were bitching have gone soft.

Nobody has gone soft or going to stop bitching because of 1 win. He could have called for his firing in a normal manner- but to talk about semen being shot in people's hair and shit deserves a time-out.

We arent firing a coach that had us in the National Championship 2 years ago and in the final 32 last year. That's just stupid. I get mad at Cohen too- but until he misses an NCAA Tourney- his seat wont be warm.

Dawg61
03-29-2015, 10:33 PM

Haha nothing more entertaining than a full fledged meltdown. Thx Bully13 for going full melt.

War Machine Dawg
03-29-2015, 11:30 PM
This entire thread....
http://i.imgur.com/rTjkVGl.gif

http://i.imgur.com/RGt7lRD.gif

http://i.imgur.com/MAq8cbq.gif

http://i.imgur.com/wzx6J8a.gif

http://i.imgur.com/7KjhOvt.gif

BulldogDX55
03-30-2015, 08:35 AM
Drunk? High?

Stupid?

Possibly drunk, but bully13 has always been an angry, angry man. He'll have a heart attack before too long.

confucius say
03-30-2015, 09:50 AM
I guess we will always have a divided fan base. Two years ago some were saying mullen needed to go. This past year, there was a split on rick ray. Now people are wanting Cohen gone, or at least bringing up the term "hot seat." And lets not forget the ultimate saga, the three-year-long Stans debate.

In any event, Cohen will be fine. This team will struggle all year but he won't miss back to back regionals.

WPDawg
03-30-2015, 09:56 AM

I picture you sitting alone at the coffee shop in the morning.

GTHOM
03-30-2015, 11:34 AM
I dont think he needs to be fired but he needs to know that losing seres to auburn (garbage), alabama (average) and kentucky (average) 3 in a row and 2 of them at home is unacceptable for State baseball.

He needs to change his philosophy, we are not playing with the anti scoring baseballs anymore, nor do we have lindgren or holder waiting in the bullpen. you cannot play small ball and win without top of the line pitchers, we have none.

His longterm plan worked before he ran out of big time pitchers to throw out there, offense has never been a strength under him, even with renfroe. now were sitting here with average hitters and average pitchers. that at the moment, seem to be too worried about how cute they can be in the dugout instead of winning games.

Political Hack
03-30-2015, 12:31 PM
man, why'd y'all ban him? This was comedic gold.

notsofarawaydawg
03-30-2015, 01:02 PM
Not nearly as crazy as people attempting to focus on one regional host and completely ignoring four regional appearances in a row, a CWS finals appearance, two SR appearances, and a SEC Tournament Title in the same time span.

But we are talking MSU fans here.

+100

yjnkdawg
03-30-2015, 01:16 PM

This was more than pathetic

preachermatt83
03-30-2015, 08:06 PM
and once again, we BAN someone for expressing an opinion. I LOVE this message board but I get so tired of that crap! its a message board.... a place for fans opinions.

War Machine Dawg
03-30-2015, 08:12 PM
and once again, we BAN someone for expressing an opinion. I LOVE this message board but I get so tired of that crap! its a message board.... a place for fans opinions.

You realize 13's opinion isn't what got him banned, right? Or are you really that obtuse?

Coach34
03-30-2015, 08:20 PM
You realize 13's opinion isn't what got him banned, right? Or are you really that obtuse?

the skeeting on people got him banned- not his opinion

Ralph
03-30-2015, 08:25 PM

No, probably for implying cohens supporters deserve a sex crime against them is likely what did it.

Regardless, this has been one of the more entertaining threads in a while.

Treemydawg
03-30-2015, 08:41 PM

Him having an opinion is fine everyone has one, but when you include semen in the hair that's just too much.

Homedawg
03-30-2015, 08:56 PM

Nobody got banned for an opinion. Even an opinion as stupid as that. However, if they were to ask for a vote he should be banned for being a dumb ass.

Noxdog
03-30-2015, 09:53 PM

Again, Wow. A Baptist preacher endorses that rhetoric? SMH.

Treemydawg
03-30-2015, 10:08 PM

Just how you know that he is a baptist preacher???

JohnnyQuid
03-30-2015, 10:13 PM

How bout not judging ppl personally - i'm sure you have you're own shit going on as do us all. just saying.

And where does he endorse what he's saying as ok? He's endorsing the freedom of someone to have an opinion. amazing

ETA- he went too far. that shit was funny tho, i kinda wish they'd let him keep going. late night that gave me some laughs

War Machine Dawg
03-31-2015, 12:16 AM
No, probably for implying cohens supporters deserve a sex crime against them is likely what did it.

Regardless, this has been one of the more entertaining threads in a while.

Him having an opinion is fine everyone has one, but when you include semen in the hair that's just too much.

Exactly. It had literally nothing to do with 13's opinion.

Maroonthirteen
03-31-2015, 10:56 AM
Drunk? High?

Stupid?

I'm going with.....Ron Polk. *****

preachermatt83
03-31-2015, 11:07 AM

i have offered twice, this makes 3 times, to sit down and discuss your problem with me like men.. twice now you have not responded. I in no way endorsed his filth but I endorse his right to express his opinion... "I may not agree with what you say but I will die for your right to say it"

Homedawg
03-31-2015, 01:50 PM
i have offered twice, this makes 3 times, to sit down and discuss your problem with me like men.. twice now you have not responded. I in no way endorsed his filth but I endorse his right to express his opinion... "I may not agree with what you say but I will die for your right to say it"

Again, his opinion was heard. Nobody banned him for an opinion. Is that hard to understand?

Johnson85
03-31-2015, 02:22 PM
We arent firing a coach that had us in the National Championship 2 years ago and in the final 32 last year. That's just stupid. I get mad at Cohen too- but until he misses an NCAA Tourney- his seat wont be warm.

I know it's a small minority, but it's still amazing to me that people are talking semi-seriously (or just seriously?) about Cohen being fired. I'm not sure I've even seen anything this delusional out of UM fans. Even if I knew everything about baseball and knew that Cohen just caught lightning in a bottle and would never be a good coach again, I wouldn't say crap about him being fired until the end of next year, assuming he missed two tournaments in a row.