PDA

View Full Version : Anybody thanking Scott for moving FAST on Howland?

whosyourdawgy
03-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Since his hiring, both UT's have fired their coaches, Arizona State has, and Bama still looking. The big orange is an Adidas school too

sleepy dawg
03-29-2015, 01:44 PM
Remember the day or 2 before Ray was fired when everyone was talking about how terrible Stricklin was and wasn't answering anyone's email, and blah blah blah bullshit? Whether Scott had pressure on him or not, he came through in a big BIG time way.

ScottH
03-29-2015, 01:46 PM
UT is moving to Nike in July.

BulldogDX55
03-29-2015, 01:54 PM
My source in (proximity of) the athletic department said that Ray was cleaning out his stuff on the Monday BEFORE it was announced he was fired. Things were already in the works before stuff was announced.

99jc
03-29-2015, 02:46 PM
My source in (proximity of) the athletic department said that Ray was cleaning out his stuff on the Monday BEFORE it was announced he was fired. Things were already in the works before stuff was announced.

Striklins ass was on fire...I don't give him credit for shit! Ricky Ray would still be here if not for immediate threats. And as I mentioned before Cohens name was also brought up. This was before the Cohen **** Bunters went on their total collapse.

Coach34
03-29-2015, 02:48 PM
It was a group effort between the boosters, Kennum, and Strick. They got it right this time in a big way. Congrats to them all

sbcmortgageman
03-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Remember the day or 2 before Ray was fired when everyone was talking about how terrible Stricklin was and wasn't answering anyone's email, and blah blah blah bullshit? Whether Scott had pressure on him or not, he came through in a big BIG time way.

Oh he answered the emails. Just in his on way.

shannondawg
03-29-2015, 09:40 PM
I sent him an email wanting to fire Ray, and got a reply. Then sent him an email couple days ago thanking him for his great hire. Haven't gotten a reply to that one, but it wasn't necessary as it was a thank you note.

Reason2succeed
03-29-2015, 11:00 PM
Stricklin is doing a great job at State. He has brought in great coaches (even when they aren't winning at the time). Let's be honest, Rick Ray was always a stopgap measure until the real coach came along. Howland is the real deal. We have improved facilities in every sport. What else do you want from the man? No, he shouldn't fire coaches for one bad stretch of baseball.

Political Hack
03-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Having a guy in place before firing the guy in charge was a key step that didn't happen last time around. Looks like we learned from our mistakes and that's a good thing. It was handled incredibly well this time by all involved, from Keenum to Strick to the boys who pay the bills.

TheRef
03-30-2015, 09:32 AM
I don't mean to say I told you so, but when a bunch of yall were calling for Stricklin's head, I kept saying that he had learned from his mistake. No one believed me even when I pointed to other hires (Vic, Vann, etc.). Now that the Howland hire was made, do you believe me now that he learned his lesson from that first hire?

Also, don't pull the BS argument that Byrne had a major hand in all of these hires.

maroonmania
03-30-2015, 09:59 AM
Having a guy in place before firing the guy in charge was a key step that didn't happen last time around. Looks like we learned from our mistakes and that's a good thing. It was handled incredibly well this time by all involved, from Keenum to Strick to the boys who pay the bills.

Well, that's because the Ray firing was an "on the fence" kind of deal. Having Howland be available just made it a no brainer to go ahead and make the move. If an upgrade coach wasn't there for the job we would have just held our noses and gone through another year of the Ray experiment. If its a matter of "we have to fire this coach" then you go ahead and do it and perform the best coaching search you can.

Liverpooldawg
03-30-2015, 10:13 AM
Whoever was responsible it was the best fire/hire transition I ever remember at MSU. I think 34 probably got it right, it almost had to be a group effort. What's more, all the members of the group almost had to be on the same page for it to go the way it did. It doesn't go that smoothly if they aren't.

Political Hack
03-30-2015, 12:27 PM
Whoever was responsible it was the best fire/hire transition I ever remember at MSU. I think 34 probably got it right, it almost had to be a group effort. What's more, all the members of the group almost had to be on the same page for it to go the way it did. It doesn't go that smoothly if they aren't.

it was a group effort. they were going to lose money on the baseball stadium build had they not agreed to replace him.