PDA

View Full Version : Dudy Noble, #1 place to watch a game....

CadaverDawg
06-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Bbbbut I thought...Swayze....Ole Miss...Beer showers....

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/06-18-2013/382/2013-ncaa-baseball-ballpark-rankings

Sandman14
06-28-2013, 02:49 PM
beer showers are gay. so glad folks still understand the truth. SI was saying this back 10 years ago.

I do think Swayze is a bit low on that list. It probably should be top 10. I've never watched a baseball game at Tennessee, but I can't imagine it's better than watching one at Swayze.

LiterallyPolice
06-28-2013, 04:14 PM
beer showers are gay. so glad folks still understand the truth. SI was saying this back 10 years ago.

I do think Swayze is a bit low on that list. It probably should be top 10. I've never watched a baseball game at Tennessee, but I can't imagine it's better than watching one at Swayze.

You should make your own list: "Top 10 College Baseball Experiences based on Sandman14's Imagination".

I think you need to read more logic papers.

Sandman14
06-28-2013, 04:25 PM
I may not be following....How do you mean that? Was that a feeble attempt at humor? Are you saying that you feel UT actually has a better atmosphere with only a fraction of the fan support and worse facilities?

I think you had something good going on in the other thread, but this was a clear strikeout..your grade has been adjusted downward for this failure.

CadaverDawg
06-28-2013, 04:26 PM
I may not be following....How do you mean that? Was that a feeble attempt at humor? Are you saying that you feel UT actually has a better atmosphere with only a fraction of the fan support and worse facilities?

I think you had something good going on in the other thread, but this was a clear strikeout..your grade has been adjusted downward for this failure.

Thanks for ruining another thread with your useless dribble.

Sandman14
06-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Hmmm. twas I that ruined this thread?

I think you are out of control, cadaver. I've caused you to lose your cool. I'm playing you as far as you'll go. remember that.

Todd4State
06-28-2013, 05:01 PM
I think the fact that Ole Miss fans in general aren't very knowledgeable about baseball hurts their atmosphere as well. They pretty much bitch about any call the umpire makes that doesn't go their way. Annoying.

messageboardsuperhero
06-29-2013, 10:15 AM
I definitely agree about UM fans not have much baseball sense. Most of them really understand very little about the nuances of the game, and the students just show up to get drunk and be obnoxious. Anyone who has ever been to Swayze for the weekend knows this. It's like Bianco just introduced them to baseball in 2005 and they're still learning all the rules.

The students basically just show up for a big picnic/drinking contest and pay no attention to the actual game. At least LFL fans watch the game... Plus a lot of the parents are busy chasing their kids around on that stupid little playground, so it's not like they really pay attention either. Honestly, most of those people are there for the party instead of the game.

State82
06-29-2013, 04:10 PM
I definitely agree about UM fans not have much baseball sense. Most of them really understand very little about the nuances of the game, and the students just show up to get drunk and be obnoxious. Anyone who has ever been to Swayze for the weekend knows this. It's like Bianco just introduced them to baseball in 2005 and they're still learning all the rules.

The students basically just show up for a big picnic/drinking contest and pay no attention to the actual game. At least LFL fans watch the game... Plus a lot of the parents are busy chasing their kids around on that gay little playground, so it's not like they really pay attention either. Honestly, most of those people are there for the party instead of the game.

This pretty much nails the Swayze experience. Since the 70's, MSU baseball fans have been termed some of the most knowledgeable in the country. And we have FINALLY gotten back to the point that they are now returning to the Carnegie Hall of collegiate baseball! We are back.

Todd4State
06-29-2013, 04:25 PM
My Ole Miss baseball experience- I went to the Ole Miss/USM baseball game in Pearl this year just because I like baseball. I know, shocking.

But, at one point, Josh Laxer for Ole Miss started to pitch exclusively out of the stretch- even with no runners on. I pointed this out to one of their fans who was a male, and he goes "what do you mean he's pitching out of the stretch?"

messageboardsuperhero
06-29-2013, 05:20 PM
My Ole Miss baseball experience- I went to the Ole Miss/USM baseball game in Pearl this year just because I like baseball. I know, shocking.

But, at one point, Josh Laxer for Ole Miss started to pitch exclusively out of the stretch- even with no runners on. I pointed this out to one of their fans who was a male, and he goes "what do you mean he's pitching out of the stretch?"

Yep, that sounds about right.

I'm sure they do have some knowledgable baseball fans, but most of them know very little. UM doesn't really have that segment of their fan base that exclusively loves baseball and follows it very closely like State does. The vast majority of their baseball fans are really just using it to pass time until football... There's nothing wrong with that necessarily, but it does lead to a less knowledgable baseball fan base.

Homedawg
06-29-2013, 06:03 PM

How can this be possible? They are smarter than you, richer than you, look better than you, among others. If you don't believe it, ask one of em.

Pollodawg
06-29-2013, 07:09 PM
I was assured by numerous bears over and over again that DNF was an out of date dump whose time had passed. I was told that we were a beauty queen whose looks were fading rapidly. Apparently, not everyone feels that way.