PDA

View Full Version : Matchups?

NeshobaChuck
03-29-2015, 11:15 AM
This is the thing I hate most about John Cohen. We play the statistical and matchup part of the game so much it cost us a lot of wins. Last time I checked this is Mississippi State University not the Oakland A's. I'm just a fan of having 1 set lineup for every weekend instead of 30 different lineups. Honestly if I were Cohen I would have this as my lineup

Robson cf
Brown rf
Heck SS
Humphries DH
Rea 1st
Collins C
Sprull/britton 3rd
Gridley 2nd
Vickerson LF

Smitty
03-29-2015, 11:25 AM
We don't really play matchups. We play cute bullshit that results in lesser matchups.

Goes back to you wouldn't sit AJ Reed vs lefties

CadaverDawg
03-29-2015, 11:55 AM
This is the thing I hate most about John Cohen. We play the statistical and matchup part of the game so much it cost us a lot of wins. Last time I checked this is Mississippi State University not the Oakland A's. I'm just a fan of having 1 set lineup for every weekend instead of 30 different lineups. Honestly if I were Cohen I would have this as my lineup

Robson cf
Brown rf
Heck SS
Humphries DH
Rea 1st
Collins C
Sprull/britton 3rd
Gridley 2nd
Vickerson LF

I love that lineup. Except Spruill, he would never be in my lineup. If we would trot that lineup out there EVERY game (even if someone goes hitless the game before), I guarantee we wouldn't have the offensive inconsistency.

Quit juggling the lineup every game, let the guys get comfortable so they won't press thinking they'll get benched, let them hit, quit overcoaching, and focus all other attention on perfecting swings and approaches and fixing the damn bullpen.

Is something wrong with McCord? If we're not going to throw in the towel and go youth movement, we need McCord, Laster, Hudson, D Brown, and Young to be our ONLY guys out of the bullpen. Gentry and Houston ain't got it, and Ross and Fitts are done.