PDA

View Full Version : If it's true

NeshobaChuck
03-29-2015, 11:00 AM
If Howland really did call up Westbrook and had him talk to Newman Thursday night I have a good feeling about this cause he plays like Westbrook. That being said Howland is making a trip back to Jackson tomorrow night and will be in his office all day Tuesday. IMO I think we get a commit either Monday night or Howland gets a phone call Tuesday

messageboardsuperhero
03-29-2015, 11:25 AM
Have any of you basketball insiders heard how the trip to see Kasongo went yesterday? He is a big piece to the puzzle for Newman and our overall chances for next year.

And FWIW, I don't think anyone will know what Newman will do until the end of April. I hope you're right though. I like our chances better now than I ever have.

Dawg61
03-29-2015, 11:28 AM
If Howland really did call up Westbrook and had him talk to Newman Thursday night I have a good feeling about this cause he plays like Westbrook. That being said Howland is making a trip back to Jackson tomorrow night and will be in his office all day Tuesday. IMO I think we get a commit either Monday night or Howland gets a phone call Tuesday

Newman isn't going to sign till he sees who all declares for the draft.

msstate7
03-29-2015, 11:30 AM
Have any of you basketball insiders heard how the trip to see Kasongo went yesterday? He is a big piece to the puzzle for Newman and our overall chances for next year.

And FWIW, I don't think anyone will know what Newman will do until the end of April. I hope you're right though. I like our chances better now than I ever have.

I think we'll have to wait awhile to hear from Malik too. What I hate about waiting is that we need to hold onto our recruits, but may have to drop 1 at the last minute

Ifyouonlyknew
03-29-2015, 12:33 PM
Malik isn't making a commitment anytime soon. We should stop looking for 1. Even If he tells Howland he's coming he's not going to announce it yet.

Coach34
03-29-2015, 12:36 PM
national basketball writers on 247 are CB'ing Kasongo to us- thats a good sign at least