PDA

View Full Version : MSU Baseball

GTHOM
03-29-2015, 09:39 AM
I follow State baseball, i dont know as much about our baseball program or baseball in general as I do about football, but Id like to think I know a little bit more than the average fan.

And I have to say this is as disappointing as I have ever seen a DiamondDawg team play. Its hard to watch.

So my question is this for those who know more than I do, WTF has happened

Jacksondevildog
03-29-2015, 09:42 AM
This is a transition year and some guys that we are depending on offensively are not stepping up. We have also been able to ride our bullpen in the past. Now, we cannot do that. No Lindgren or Holder. Ross hasn't been as effective. Musical chairs at 3B. Average defensively in the outfield with below average arms. No one stepping up and leading the team.

Drugdog
03-29-2015, 09:58 AM
BUNTING. Looking at call 3 strikes. Not swinging the bat. No straight stealing with the fastest team we have ever fielded. No hit and run. No aggressivness. Clowing around in the dug out. No leadership. Head Coach is too stuborn to see the issues. No hitting coach.

Our Pitching is not as good as ususal, soooooo, we play small ball and not try to score as many runs as possible so that we can have a large lead to protect our pitching. Makes sense right?

HailState39110
03-29-2015, 09:59 AM
This is a transition year and some guys that we are depending on offensively are not stepping up. We have also been able to ride our bullpen in the past. Now, we cannot do that. No Lindgren or Holder. Ross hasn't been as effective. Musical chairs at 3B. Average defensively in the outfield with below average arms. No one stepping up and leading the team.

Im not so sure because I was told after our CWS run that last year was the so called "transition year" and this year we were going to have the pieces in place to make another magical run. Somebody has their transition years mixed up, or I guess it was a complete rebuild after we went to the championship series ?

Drugdog
03-29-2015, 10:04 AM
Seems like we are having Many transition years.

basedog
03-29-2015, 10:04 AM
Shouldn't be this bad period. This team has serious issues and having to rebuild doesn't necessary mean we will be good next year imo. If the players we signed are not producing now at least a little more than what they have shown so for and don't show improvement then all hell will break out next year.

I said this before, this team "probably" want win a weekend series. It is one of the bottom 5 teams since 1970 when I first started following them. Sad to watch indeed and I surely wasn't expecting this year to be this bad.

Lastly, IF Cohen decides to go the youth movement, what will the reaction be for the seniors? But at this point it can't be any worse, go with the young guys and lets see if they will be able to help for next year and improve.

GTHOM
03-29-2015, 10:31 AM
So in your guys opinion....is it worse,or as bad as people are making it out to be...if that makes sense

CadaverDawg
03-29-2015, 11:13 AM
So in your guys opinion....is it worse,or as bad as people are making it out to be...if that makes sense

Worse.

Why? Because unlike prior years where we had the pitching, and were just waiting to hit our stride....we don't have that this year.

Not to mention, the only guys giving us a chance to win games (Brown, Sexton, Tatum, Laster), will be burnt out from throwing 120 pitched a game in about 3 weeks. At that point, we will be in the meat of our schedule And having to rely more on guys like Ross, Fitts, Houston, and Gentry.

It's bad, and it's only going to get worse this season. If I'm Cohen, I go with all young guys except for maybe midweek, and try to build for next year.

At this point, we might as well go...

Brown OF
Robson CF
Swinarski OF
Reynolds 3B
Gridley SS
Holland 2B
Rooker 1B
Collins C
Hump DH

(Obviously not in that order)
Take all the Seniors out and let them play midweek. This year is done regardless, so quit wasting good experience opportunities on Seniors that have no pride.

Oh, and let Hudson, Young, and McCord pitch a LOT. Why? Because I don't want yet another year of "these guys just need some work and experience". Get them some damn experience while we suck, instead of wasting our time watching guys like Ross and Fitts, who won't be here next year, get shelled every weekend.

I seen it dawg
03-29-2015, 12:59 PM
Our players aren't at the level we need to win.