PDA

View Full Version : Some basketball thoughts...

messageboardsuperhero
03-29-2015, 01:20 AM
Instead of focusing my energy on this giant turd of a baseball season we have going right now, I've been thinking a lot about basketball and getting pretty excited about the future. Here's why:

Look at the teams who have regularly made sweet 16/elite eights the past 10-15 years, and you'll notice that they ALL have elite head coaches. The roster turnover in the college game makes it so that it is a sport driven by a select group of elite coaches who can consistenly bring in and develop top talent. You can pretty much put these coaches on a fairly short list- Izzo, K, Williams, Self, Cal, Sean Miller, Donovan, Boehim, Bo Ryan ,etc. We now have a coach who has PROVEN that he can be at that level at multiple stops in his career. THAT is why I am so excited about the Howland hire- because we now have a head coach we KNOW is capable of doing what it takes to consistently be competitive at the highest level in March.

November can't get here fast enough. IF we sign Newman and Kasongo, I might not be able to contain myself.

MabenMaroon
03-29-2015, 09:33 AM
Is it safe to touch the keyboard on this thread?