PDA

View Full Version : Which is most likely?

Quaoarsking
04-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Baseball team hosts a regional in 2013
Football team goes 8-4 in the regular season in 2013
Basketball team makes 2014 NCAA Tournament

Feel free to estimate the probability of all 3

msumudcat
04-02-2013, 07:38 AM
2013 Baseball regional host - 50%
2013 Football 8-4 - 40%
2014 Basketball NCAA T - 20%

msstate7
04-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Baseball 30%
Football (bowl included) 40%
Football (bowl not included) 25%
Basketball 10%

FlabLoser
04-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Baseball - 40%
Football - 40%
Basketball - 20%

This baseball team's chances to host a regional are better than Polk's chances to make that World Series that same season that everybody wanted him fired.

MitchD24
04-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Baseball 55%
Football 30%
Basketball 60%

CadaverDawg
04-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Baseball is FAR more likely to me.

Baseball 65%
Football 20%
Basketball 0%

Spider-Man
04-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Baseball 45%
Football 25%
Basketball 10%

ComradeDawg
04-02-2013, 08:57 AM
FAR more likely than 8-4 in football? Come on, man. We have a serious chance to be 8-4 with a very strong possibility of winning our last game to be 9-3. We will be playing MUCH better ball by the end of the season, Mullen will have figured out our offense and we'll be ready to curb stomp the bears. No friggin way we lose to them again. No way.

CadaverDawg
04-02-2013, 09:20 AM
FAR more likely than 8-4 in football? Come on, man. We have a serious chance to be 8-4 with a very strong possibility of winning our last game to be 9-3. We will be playing MUCH better ball by the end of the season, Mullen will have figured out our offense and we'll be ready to curb stomp the bears. No friggin way we lose to them again. No way.

Not sure what team you watched last year, or whose schedule you're looking at this year. Show me 8 wins...hell, show me 7!

If...IF...Mullen truly changes the offense, we have a long shot at 7-5. But as of right now, I'm expecting 5-7 and hopibg for 6-6 or better. Our schedule is a beast.

Hump4Hoops
04-02-2013, 09:35 AM
In football we should be thrilled with 7 with our schedule.

In bball, our ceiling is probaby just under what Bama and UT did this year, so NIT tops.

missouridawg
04-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Not sure what team you watched last year, or whose schedule you're looking at this year. Show me 8 wins...hell, show me 7!

If...IF...Mullen truly changes the offense, we have a long shot at 7-5. But as of right now, I'm expecting 5-7 and hopibg for 6-6 or better. Our schedule is a beast.

People don't realize how tough our schedule is next year. Agreeing to the OK State game was a really, really bad idea.

Losses: vsBama, vsLSU, @aTm, and @USCe
TossUps: OK State, @Ark, @Aub, vs OM
Wins: 3 OOC, UK

We've got to go a perfect 4-0 in our toss up games this year to get to 8-4. That shit ain't happening... and 6-6 is probably the most likely outcome of our football record this year.

Not only is baseball the most likley to happen, it should be the most likely to happen by a large, large margin. People are wiggin' out over getting beat by 3 top teams in some pretty close series. Our schedule lightens up big-time over the next 3 or 4 weeks. We'll know much much more about this team at the end of April.

RTO Dawg
04-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Baseball 35%
Football 20%
Basketball .00001%

msstate7
04-02-2013, 10:16 AM
People don't realize how tough our schedule is next year. Agreeing to the OK State game was a really, really bad idea.

Losses: vsBama, vsLSU, @aTm, and @USCe
TossUps: OK State, @Ark, @Aub, vs OM
Wins: 3 OOC, UK

We've got to go a perfect 4-0 in our toss up games this year to get to 8-4. That shit ain't happening... and 6-6 is probably the most likely outcome of our football record this year.

Not only is baseball the most likley to happen, it should be the most likely to happen by a large, large margin. People are wiggin' out over getting beat by 3 top teams in some pretty close series. Our schedule lightens up big-time over the next 3 or 4 weeks. We'll know much much more about this team at the end of April.

I think you can throw lsu in the toss ups. I know we haven't beaten them since the civil war, but they'll be down this year.

Political Hack
04-02-2013, 10:47 AM
I think we win between 5-7 next year.

Probable Losses: LSU, Bama, A&M, SC
Swing Games: Okie St, Ark, Auburn, OM

Political Hack
04-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Or... what Mizzu said.

ComradeDawg
04-02-2013, 10:48 AM

You want details, I got your details:

Sat, Aug 31
Oklahoma State
Houston, TX (Reliant Stadium)

TBA

(WIN) First game of the year is going to be harder on a complicated OSU offense than ours. Our defense wins this game for us and what everyone thinks is a bad loss for us is a grinding, defensive win.

Sat, Sep 07
Alcorn State
Starkville

TBA

(WIN) Cause **** Alcorn State, that's why

Sat, Sep 14
Auburn *
Auburn, AL

TBA

(WIN) Malzahn is going to have AU playing good ball, but not for another year or two. Same things as the OSU game, they are not up to par on offense early in the season, our defense gets nasty on them, WIN.

Sat, Sep 21
Troy
Starkville

TBA

(WIN) Cause **** Troy and their attitude from last year.

Sat, Oct 05
LSU *
Starkville

TBA

(close, close WIN) They almost got beat by the bears IN BATON ROUGE last year. We came within inches of winning that game in DWS 2 years ago when they were MORE talented than they will be this year.

Sat, Oct 12
Bowling Green (HC)
Starkville

TBA

(WIN) cause **** Bowling Green.

Thu, Oct 24
Kentucky *
Starkville

6:30 p.m.

ESPN (http://espn.go.com/espntv/onair/index) (WIN) UK has got some serious growing up to do to be able to play with us.

Sat, Nov 02
South Carolina *
Columbia, SC

TBA

(loss) I actaully think USC is going to surprise some folks this season. We are going to go in there over confident and get beat. Pisses me off, but it will happen.

Sat, Nov 09
Texas A&M *
College Station, TX

TBA

(WIN) Mangina is going to be beat up, beat down and broken by the time we get to him this late in the season. Our defense plays well, Quay, James and Jones combine for 10 sacks.

Sat, Nov 16
Alabama *
Starkville

TBA

(loss) They are Bama...

Sat, Nov 23
Arkansas *
Little Rock, AR

TBA

(Toss up/loss) Another inexplicable loss. Arky makes more progress over the season than we do and we lose a a squeaker in LR.

Sat, Nov 30
Ole Miss *
Starkville

TBA

(mother ****ing WIN) BECAUSE **** THE BEARS. Mullen will NOT lose this one again...

9-3, people. Its definately possible and more likely than everybody thinks. The pieces are there, Mullen will have our kids playing hard, fundamental football with passion, heart and soul. We are going to win the games we should have won last year, this year. Just watch and see.

tenureplan
04-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Basketball 100% - This is Rick MFing Ray we are talking about people

Coach34
04-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Comrade is really trying to rally the Bolsheviks

Spider-Man
04-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Comrade is really trying to rally the Bolsheviks

Gotta love the enthusiasm though.

FISHDAWG
04-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Arky lost most of it's talent - I think it's hard for them to bounce back so quickly - a win for us there --- aTm not so sure that's a win - I think we play them there ... I'll buy the rest of your logic

WutheringDawg
04-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Baseball and it's not close. We're 3-6 in league play right now which means we have to manage to be three games over .500 in the next 21 SEC games to host. (I'm going to say that if we take care of business in the midweek from here on out that 15-15 gets us a host) Cohen's last two teams have taken some time to gel and I think (read:hope) we'll start seeing that tonight.

Football has the potential to go 8-4 but I can't say that it's more likely than baseball just because we're in the offseason and I have no idea what to expect out of our defense.

I'll just be excited to be sniffing the extra practice time of the CBI or NIT next year.

FlabLoser
04-02-2013, 12:45 PM
9-3, people. Its definately possible and more likely than everybody thinks. The pieces are there, Mullen will have our kids playing hard, fundamental football with passion, heart and soul. We are going to win the games we should have won last year, this year. Just watch and see.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrk01YPti1rpn6xxo1_500.gif

ComradeDawg
04-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Does that mean you're buying? cuz i'm drinkin!!!

PendingTransaction
04-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Football: 7-0, then 0-3, finishing 2-0. Take it to the bank! Mullen calling the O and Collins running the D.

msstate7
04-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Football: 7-0, then 0-3, finishing 2-0. Take it to the bank! Mullen calling the O and Collins running the D.

I wanna believe!