PDA

View Full Version : VIKINGS: Well that sucked

Bully13
03-27-2015, 07:06 PM
I started out liking Loki. boat builder, smart guy that helped out and stuff.

then he starting sucking. I always liked priest dude. Loki hated him from the start. I eventually wanted priest dude to kill Loki.

ass opposite happened last night. Ragnar buried his close buddy. built a make shift Cross for his priest dude buddy. does Ragnar know who killed his priest dude buddy? did I miss something?

If not, and if if he finds out Loki did it, does Ragnar kill Loki? I hope so, but I'm not sure the creators are willing to let Loki leave the scene. I can't believe they allowed priest dude to leave though.

this sux.

War Machine Dawg
03-27-2015, 11:12 PM
Meh, one of them had to go. They've spent a lot of time building the conflict between the Norse religion and Christianity. I figured it would be Floki, but I can't say I'm surprised it was Athelstan. It will definitely be interesting to see how Ragnar handles it when he finds out it was Floki. After all, Floki is the one he trusted to protect Bjorn from Horik.

basedog
03-28-2015, 08:03 AM
The writers had to kill off Athelstan's character, he has signed a contract to play a king in another series. Siggy asked to be killed as she has family problems being away from her family for so long.

Vikings is a great series.

BulldogBear
03-28-2015, 11:02 AM
As much as many of us may look forward to it, we're still a long away from any en masse conversions to Christianity historically. If they continue to be historical, there's a certain character that's going to fake a conversion in order to achieve a goal. Actually one of the prophesies that the seer told Ragnar of concerns this event. But no spoilers. I just know some history.

Mjoelner34
03-30-2015, 11:16 AM
I've been wanting Floki to die for some time. Not because of the character but because of the actor. All I see is a guy acting like Johnny Depp doing a Keith Richards impersonation. That actor is terrible!

Political Hack
04-07-2015, 02:35 PM
I think Ragnar is setting up Floki for failure and to take the fall when his attack fails. He's going to use to discount the gods and then he's going to lead the attack with that cross on. The thing is, I don't think they can split form the Nors mythology yet. it's too early in the series history.

basedog
04-07-2015, 02:44 PM
Ragnar listen very carefully to what the Seer told him about the Paris attack, Death to the lead which he passed the torched to Floki. I can't wait to see what happens to King "Sleaze Bag" Ecbert and Queen "Whore" who is hot. I'd hit it!

Political Hack
04-07-2015, 02:56 PM
yeah, the whole "new son" thing could throw some major curve balls into that deal.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-07-2015, 04:28 PM
I think Ragnar is setting up Floki for failure and to take the fall when his attack fails. He's going to use to discount the gods and then he's going to lead the attack with that cross on. The thing is, I don't think they can split form the Nors mythology yet. it's too early in the series history.

Could be right, I think the failed attack on Paris will give Ragnar a reason to kill Floki for killing the priest. I am just making this assumption on Ragnar letting Floki lead the attack and an earlier episode where he talks about fighting with the knowledge of a place. Ragnar, Athelstan, and that other guy are the only ones that know the true weakness of Paris and the information was not passed onto Floki. That is just my take.

Political Hack
04-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Could be right, I think the failed attack on Paris will give Ragnar a reason to kill Floki for killing the priest. I am just making this assumption on Ragnar letting Floki lead the attack and an earlier episode where he talks about fighting with the knowledge of a place. Ragnar, Athelstan, and that other guy are the only ones that know the true weakness of Paris and the information was not passed onto Floki. That is just my take.

mine too. he's setting him up for failure for sure. Whether it's through the seer saying the leader of the attack will die or whether it's trying to ensure that the attack under his command fails, it's inconsequential at this point. Bottom line is he's setting him up.

It would actually be more interesting to me if the attack succeeds and the Loki survives now. It could fracture the command structure and Ragnar would become a King without a kingdom until his sons reunite their clans under his leadership. That's probably the direction I'd go with it, but there's no need to start that storyline yet because the show is still amazingly interesting. I'd keep that in the back pocket until you're setting up the final season or two run towards the season finale.

Political Hack
04-24-2015, 01:07 PM
the season finale was well done. I figured he was going to pop out, but they did it as well as it could've been done given the storyline.

I wonder what becomes of Ragnar and Floki? It's obvious tension, but the baptism and everything was just a set up to get him in the cathedral... then he killed the preacher man that baptized him, so I have a feeling that was all just a ploy and he's not nearly as infatuated with the christian religion as he had been putting on. The last time someone tried to get his brother to fight against him, it didn't end well in their favor. I can't imagine the storyline repeating... so Rollo will either really become his enemy or deny the King's offer.

I hope his other sons emerge in the new season like Bjorn did in the last couple. He's one of my favorite characters now and probably the only reason I'd continue to watch the show if Ragnar were to be killed off.

basedog
04-24-2015, 01:22 PM
Floki will be sent off in exile, goes to Iceland, Ragnar will be killed in England by King Aella in a snake pit per the legends. Bjorn will invade Greece thinking it's Rome, Rollo marries Gisla and becomes famous in Normandy. But then again you never know, I just read an interview with the writer about season 4, he hinted on a few things and it was very interesting.

Vikings has me and millions hooked, Lonesome Dove was my all time favorite series but now they are a distant second to Vikings.

Political Hack
04-26-2015, 07:30 AM
I knew the snake pit legend, but just wonder about the timing.

basedog
04-26-2015, 07:51 AM
Season 4 will have 4 more episodes in 2016. The writer hinted in an interview Ragnar would be killed and his sons will become the show for the future. Just keep Lagertha around!

BulldogBear
04-26-2015, 08:01 AM
Season 4 will have 4 more episodes in 2016. The writer hinted in an interview Ragnar would be killed and his sons will become the show for the future. Just keep Lagertha around!

Probably. That would be historical.

BulldogBear
04-26-2015, 09:34 PM
I finally watched the season finale. Well, the show has finally made a major diversion from history. Bjoern Ironside was the one who pulled that trick, accomplishung it thru faking a conversion and asking to be buried at the cathedral. But it was NOT Paris and should come later.

basedog
04-27-2015, 07:58 AM
I think with all the twist and turns, it makes Vikings interesting, the writer does change up history and all the peep lovers are always guessing what's next.

Political Hack
04-27-2015, 12:57 PM
I think with all the twist and turns, it makes Vikings interesting, the writer does change up history and all the peep lovers are always guessing what's next.

he'll have to to stay relevant. otherwise the storyline would be known. Most of the history is folklore regardless, so they have plenty of leeway in bending the stories without truly defecting from historical facts. I hope they continue to do that.

Maybe Rollo gets the snake pit. I don't think they can kill Ragnar off until they have a season or two of all the sons holding down a robust storyline.

basedog
04-27-2015, 01:04 PM
he'll have to to stay relevant. otherwise the storyline would be known. Most of the history is folklore regardless, so they have plenty of leeway in bending the stories without truly defecting from historical facts. I hope they continue to do that.

Maybe Rollo gets the snake pit. I don't think they can kill Ragnar off until they have a season or two of all the sons holding down a robust storyline.

I'm with you Hack, Ragnar is the star. I just hope Lagertha Blood Eagles King Sleaze Bag Ecbert.

BulldogBear
02-18-2016, 10:52 AM
Season 4 begins tonight Folks!!! History Channel (9:00pm CST)

Political Hack
02-29-2016, 01:31 PM
I missed it!?!?!?! Damn gotta get back.

War Machine Dawg
03-01-2016, 12:06 AM
First episode was good. Haven't watched the second yet.

BulldogBear
03-03-2016, 09:57 AM

First episode was good. Haven't watched the second yet.

Hack, they seem to be building that up with Bjoern. It's gonna be a good season. You'll have to watch to find out about Floki.

WMD, I just watched ep2 on DVR last night. It skipped around a lot but is setting up for several interesting climaxes in different locations that look like they'll be this season.

Ep3 is tonight folks! Get ready!

Political Hack
03-20-2016, 11:42 AM
I just caught up this week. What a great start to the season. Bjorn is overtaking Ragnar as my favorite character, which I didn't think would happen. The trip back to Paris and encounter with Rollo will be interesting.

basedog
03-20-2016, 11:58 AM
What a great show, Bjorn is da man, can't wait to see him get revenge with the ring in his hand. Lagertha, damn what a woman?

Mjoelner34
03-21-2016, 03:55 PM
Do not take the toy from Ivar. I repeat, do NOT take the toy from Ivar!

Political Hack
03-24-2016, 10:24 PM
Do not take the toy from Ivar. I repeat, do NOT take the toy from Ivar!

That was nuts. No clue why they threw that in but damn.

basedog
03-25-2016, 07:31 AM
[QUOTE=Political Hack;524811]That was nuts. No clue why they threw that in but damn.[/QUOTE

Boneless was known as a mean MF'er, and when you marry Lagertha you better hide the knives!

Get off the drugs Ragnar!

At the end of the show, Bjorn was one pissed Viking, he has kicked Rollo's ass once and I'm hoping for another one

Damn what a great show.

War Machine Dawg
04-20-2016, 10:22 AM
Bump for the season finale this week. Any predictions? Do they have the guts to kill off Ragnar? And what the hell are they foreshadowing with the creepy son who got left behind in Kattegat (not Ivar, the older one)?

basedog
04-20-2016, 10:46 AM
Rollo dies Thursday. Ragnar will die as soon as he invades England but in Season 4.
Preview shows Lagertha getting stabbed in shoulder. Also one of the Hair brothers shot by an arrow.
I think Harbour killed Siggy, seems someone is floating in water when he leaves.
Big fan of Floki now!

BulldogBear
04-20-2016, 07:13 PM
Bump for the season finale this week. Any predictions? Do they have the guts to kill off Ragnar? And what the hell are they foreshadowing with the creepy son who got left behind in Kattegat (not Ivar, the older one)?

Ragnar will die at some point...in England. That I don't think they'll change, even if some stuff has been embellished or interpreted differently. So, it won't be this season. They're taking a lot of liberties with history in regard to TIME at least. It seems to 12-15 years have past in the show but in reality as far as the historical events have occurred it's been nearly a century since the beginning of the show. See below about Rollo...

Rollo dies Thursday. Ragnar will die as soon as he invades England but in Season 4.
Preview shows Lagertha getting stabbed in shoulder. Also one of the Hair brothers shot by an arrow.
I think Harbour killed Siggy, seems someone is floating in water when he leaves.
Big fan of Floki now!

.....see above. That is why I don't think Rollo will die. Since they are taking chronological liberties with the show, Rollo is going to be the same Rollo that is the beginning of the Norman dynasty the leads one day to William the Conqueror. He will not be dead this season or in any season anytime soon. He will die of old age and be buried in the Cathedral at Rouen. In fact, I believe this attack on Paris is going to fail big time, though I'm not sure how. In truth I believe they bypassed Paris and went upstream then had a real problem when the Franks wouldn't let 'em go back downstream. They had to portage over to the Marne to return to sea. Count Odo actually succeeded Charles, but as he is dead, they may be kind of setting Rollo up for that. He will become Duke of Normandy but for show purposes they'll probably give him Paris too.

I didn't recall anyone dead in the water when Harbard left but even so that doesn't really seem like him. I think Aslaug murdered her. They'll have to get the show set up to carry on without Ragnar problably by the end of next season. I think you're seeing it set up for Bjoern to very much take charge and Ragnar's cheating slut of a wife (not that Ragnar's behaved either) may find her life is forfeit, so to speak, when Ragnar is gone. And I'm not sure her sons won't side with half-brother Bjoern. Ragnar's sons are technically more famous than he is. There is a lot to come in the future once Ragnar has exited the stage.

War Machine Dawg
04-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Holy shit, what a finale. This is your official SPOILER ALERT. Read below here without having watched at your own peril......

The fight between Rollo & Ragnar was boss. They beat the ever living hell out of each other. Rollo "wins" by turning back the Viking force. And now he's probably the most powerful man in France.

Is Lagertha dead? We see absolutely no resolution to that. I'm going to assume she is.

The time jump was unexpected, but I thought it worked. We're definitely set up for the sons to take over at some point next season. I really can't wait for Ragnar's bitch wife to get killed. What's up with Ivar's eyes? Creepy as hell. Any doubts he'll be the one we love to hate going forward?

Bjorn is going to be one hell of a leader for the Vikings. Nice to see he & Floki working together. Going to be interesting to see how they approach the raid of England.

Lastly, that cliffhanger ending with Ragnar returning to Kattegat and challenging his sons....wow! Do any of them actually have the guts to fight him? I think Ivar does, but considering he can't walk, he knows it's suicide. I think the others just talk a big game but have balls the size acorns. Bjorn might do it, but he knows better and doesn't appear to be around. He's smart enough to know he can still learn from Ragnar.

Bully13
04-30-2016, 12:37 PM
Are we supposed to know what drug that is that Ragnar is hooked on?