PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Tyndall

msstate7
03-27-2015, 07:21 AM
Out. Who will they target?

engie
03-27-2015, 07:24 AM
Was it even a month ago that I was told he wasn't in any real trouble on here?

We were wise to move as quickly as we did. There's about to be a new Gregg Marshall/Shaka Smart sweepstakes in the SEC. League is 2-3 elite hires from being "back" imo...

Coach34
03-27-2015, 07:26 AM
Dawg61's boy went down as expected- just a year later

Coach34
03-27-2015, 07:27 AM
How smart does our Admin look now moving as fast as they did? Complete 180 from 3 years ago

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-27-2015, 07:56 AM
Have to wonder if UT goes after Michael White again. I could see UT messing this hire up, Pearl busted for cheating and lying to ncaa, cuonzo went to a sweet 16 and still wasn't liked, and Tyndall fired for cheating. It's a good job but the coach will be under a microscope from admin and ncaa.

thf24
03-27-2015, 08:07 AM
What are the chances they try to hire Pearl back? I've never thought he'll be at Auburn long, but the sooner he gets out of there the better.

Thick
03-27-2015, 08:18 AM
What are the chances they try to hire Pearl back? I've never thought he'll be at Auburn long, but the sooner he gets out of there the better.

I don't think the SEC would allow that to happen. I might be wrong.

msstate7
03-27-2015, 08:23 AM

New commissioner. Might happen

Original48
03-27-2015, 08:25 AM
I think this is right. I remember Slive making it a priority to keep this from happening. I imagine the new guy will too. And Gary Parrish saying UT should think more Brad Underwood from Stephen F Austin rather than Greg Marshall. It still baffles me the overall cluster that the University of Tennessee continues to be, and how far they've fallen with all the advantages they have.

msstate7
03-27-2015, 08:33 AM
I think this is right. I remember Slive making it a priority to keep this from happening. I imagine the new guy will too. And Gary Parrish saying UT should think more Brad Underwood from Stephen F Austin rather than Greg Marshall. It still baffles me the overall cluster that the University of Tennessee continues to be, and how far they've fallen with all the advantages they have.

Seems odd that slive has no problem with pearl at another sec school, but not tenn.

Original48
03-27-2015, 08:37 AM
Seems odd that slive has no problem with pearl at another sec school, but not tenn.
Pearl was let go, sat out, then got the AU job. If Auburn fired him he could go anywhere he wanted. I think Slive was just trying to prevent job jumping in the SEC.

msstate7
03-27-2015, 08:43 AM
Pearl was let go, sat out, then got the AU job. If Auburn fired him he could go anywhere he wanted. I think Slive was just trying to prevent job jumping in the SEC.

You mean sec teams poaching sec coaches. I thought you meant sec office was against pearl going back to tenn

jumbo
03-27-2015, 08:54 AM
Their AD Dave Hart is a Bama grad, it's almost as if he's trying to tank the university.

HSVDawg
03-27-2015, 09:02 AM

What can the SEC do to stop it? Write them a nasty letter? I know there's been talk that poaching coaches from other programs is frowned upon in Birmingham, but there's really nothing in place other than a gentleman's agreement to prevent it from happening.

Original48
03-27-2015, 09:06 AM
You mean sec teams poaching sec coaches. I thought you meant sec office was against pearl going back to tenn
Haha yes..my bad. Poaching was the right term.

starkvegasdawg
03-27-2015, 09:06 AM
Would Pearl want to go back to TN? I have a hard time thinking a coach would want to return to a place that fired him unless you're Billy Martin.

msstate7
03-27-2015, 09:10 AM
Would Pearl want to go back to TN? I have a hard time thinking a coach would want to return to a place that fired him unless you're Billy Martin.
Wasn't tenn forced to fire him?

RossDawg82
03-27-2015, 09:13 AM

He looked the AD in the face and lied to him. To hire him back would basically force the AD to eat crow and would make him look weak. Not going to happen.

DudyDawg
03-27-2015, 09:14 AM
But dawg61 said he was a great hire and wouldn't get busted.....

Coach34
03-27-2015, 09:15 AM
Breaking that gentlemen's agreement can turn out bad for you. We found that out with the Cam Newton saga

Thick
03-27-2015, 10:00 AM
What can the SEC do to stop it? Write them a nasty letter? I know there's been talk that poaching coaches from other programs is frowned upon in Birmingham, but there's really nothing in place other than a gentleman's agreement to prevent it from happening.

It's not what they can do in the public eye, it's what they can do to them behind closed doors. See the Cam Newton saga. Once MSU brought to light what happened, Slive quickly criticized us and never mentioned AU in a negative light. Our AD was told to shut down the rhetoric, because AU "won" the battle.

coastdoglover
03-27-2015, 10:29 AM
Michael White will get the job if offered. UT can get him for a reasonable price and he has given up on waiting for the Rebel job.

HSVDawg
03-27-2015, 10:38 AM
Breaking that gentlemen's agreement can turn out bad for you. We found that out with the Cam Newton saga

So they'll get a public criticism and tongue lashing from the commisioner. Big deal. Thats a small price to pay for a proven winner like Bruce Pearl. And while the league didn't make us look good with the Cam Newton deal, it didn't really hurt us all that much like if they had imposed some form of actual sanctions. The truth ended up coming out anyways when Cecil publicly admitted to taking money but said that Cam didn't know about it.

smootness
03-27-2015, 11:00 AM
So they'll get a public criticism and tongue lashing from the commisioner. Big deal. Thats a small price to pay for a proven winner like Bruce Pearl. And while the league didn't make us look good with the Cam Newton deal, it didn't really hurt us all that much like if they had imposed some form of actual sanctions. The truth ended up coming out anyways when Cecil publicly admitted to taking money but said that Cam didn't know about it.

Just for the record, Cecil admitted to asking us for money. He never admitted actually getting money from anyone.

That would have made Cam ineligible whether he knew or not.

HSVDawg
03-27-2015, 11:07 AM
Just for the record, Cecil admitted to asking us for money. He never admitted actually getting money from anyone.

That would have made Cam ineligible whether he knew or not.

In either case, the truth came out and vindicated MSU. After what Cecil said, Slive giving us some negative lip service about not going through the proper channels only made the SEC and Auburn look bad to anyone who was paying attention.

Dawg61
03-27-2015, 02:24 PM
Dawg61's boy went down as expected- just a year later

Again why the **** is he "my boy"? I brought up DT LAST YEAR before any peep of NCAA trouble had surfaced and I brought him AND Bruce Pearl up because they were able to sign up to 8 ****ing players in three weeks when Rick Ray still hadn't signed one player after Davis left.

Dawg61
03-27-2015, 02:29 PM
But dawg61 said he was a great hire and wouldn't get busted.....

He was a great hire. Tennessee should of finished dead last this year after only having four players to start with. Tyndall hasn't been busted by the NCAA yet still. He got fired today because he deleted some emails the NCAA sent him way back in November.

smootness
03-27-2015, 03:25 PM
He was a great hire. Tennessee should of finished dead last this year after only having four players to start with. Tyndall hasn't been busted by the NCAA yet still. He got fired today because he deleted some emails the NCAA sent him way back in November.

Hahahahaha

mparkerfd20
03-27-2015, 04:01 PM

I've got a great deal on ocean front property in Arizona! Don't delay, buy it today!!!

Dawg61
03-27-2015, 04:32 PM
I've got a great deal on ocean front property in Arizona! Don't delay, buy it today!!!

Tennessee is just a bunch of paranoid ****ers. Tyndall DID do a great job with what he started with. He beat a sweet 16 Butler team and beat several other NCAA teams including destroying LSU by 20 AT LSU. Has he been suspended for violations at USM yet? As far as I can tell UT was looking for any reason possible to fire him because they are scared to death of the NCAA. Tyndall deleted emails from November. They fired him in late March because of emails he deleted five months prior. Doesn't anyone find that extreme besides me? Isn't an email your own personal property to deal with however you please? How long are you supposed to keep an email you've already read?

Coach34
03-27-2015, 04:32 PM
Dawg61 gonna Dawg61- Tyndall gonna get the Bruce Pearl coaching vacation at minimum

smootness
03-27-2015, 04:36 PM
Dude, Tennessee met with the NCAA before firing him. They obviously hot win of what's coming, which will not be good for Tyndall. It was an awful hire, and it has out them even further behind.

I will say, though, that Tyndall is probably not much worse of a hire than Pelphrey or Richard Williams would have been for us, so there's that.

Dawg61
03-27-2015, 04:44 PM
Dawg61 gonna Dawg61- Tyndall gonna get the Bruce Pearl coaching vacation at minimum

And if he doesn't does that make Tennessee paranoid?

smootness
03-27-2015, 04:50 PM
And if he doesn't does that make Tennessee paranoid?

He's going to get hammered. Again, Tennessee has talked to the NCAA. It's not like they wanted to go through another coaching search.

Dawg61
03-27-2015, 05:06 PM
He's going to get hammered. Again, Tennessee has talked to the NCAA. It's not like they wanted to go through another coaching search.

Disagree. Tennessee wanted him gone as soon as Hart hired him. Fanbase never liked the hire and immediately started looking for ways to get out of it. Auburn hiring Pearl didn't help Tyndall. Vols are still madly in love with Pearl.

smootness
03-27-2015, 05:18 PM
Disagree. Tennessee wanted him gone as soon as Hart hired him. Fanbase never liked the hire and immediately started looking for ways to get out of it. Auburn hiring Pearl didn't help Tyndall. Vols are still madly in love with Pearl.

Uh.....

Ok.

engie
03-27-2015, 05:35 PM
You literally told me he was cleared and nothing was going to come of it within the past month.

Now you are saying that the AD that hired him -- fired him -- over "nothing"? D61 pls.

Dawg61
03-27-2015, 05:51 PM
You literally told me he was cleared and nothing was going to come of it within the past month.

Now you are saying that the AD that hired him -- fired him -- over "nothing"? D61 pls.

Deleting emails. That's nothing to me. What is it to you? Has he been disciplined at all by the NCAA yet?

smootness
03-27-2015, 05:57 PM
Deleting emails. That's nothing to me. What is it to you? Has he been disciplined at all by the NCAA yet?

That's not why he was fired!

I understand you've backed yourself into a corner. But AGAIN, Tennessee has met with the NCAA. They found out what is coming, and they fired him.

If you think Tennessee was motivated to fire a guy one year after hiring him, after already having two recent coaching changes, I don't know what to tell you.

Homedawg
03-27-2015, 06:01 PM
Dawg61 just taking the rope and choking himself. Fun to watch.

Dawg61
03-27-2015, 06:04 PM
That's not why he was fired!

I understand you've backed yourself into a corner. But AGAIN, Tennessee has met with the NCAA. They found out what is coming, and they fired him.

If you think Tennessee was motivated to fire a guy one year after hiring him, after already having two recent coaching changes, I don't know what to tell you.

Knoxville sentinel reported today that he was fired for deleting emails. I really don't give a shit tbh. We have Howland and I'm ecstatic about it. Only reason I ever mentioned Tyndall last April was because he signed eight players in only three weeks. I was trying to get Ray to get off his ass and sign one player to replace Davis. From that initial post it's been morphed into me being some Donnie Tyndall fan boy by Engie, C34 and a few others.

Dawg61
03-27-2015, 06:06 PM
Dawg61 just taking the rope and choking himself. Fun to watch.

About what exactly?

Homedawg
03-27-2015, 06:07 PM
Knoxville sentinel reported today that he was fired for deleting emails. I really don't give a shit tbh. We have Howland and I'm ecstatic about it. Only reason I ever mentioned Tyndall last April was because he signed eight players in only three weeks. I was trying to get Ray to get off his ass and sign one player to replace Davis. From that initial post it's been morphed into me being some Donnie Tyndall fan boy by Engie, C34 and a few others.

Nice half ass back pedal. Should have tried that an hour ago and you would look as big of a stupid ass. None the less.....

Homedawg
03-27-2015, 06:08 PM
About what exactly?

If an explanation is necessary, well....I can't help u figure it out.

Dawg61
03-27-2015, 06:15 PM
Nice half ass back pedal. Should have tried that an hour ago and you would look as big of a stupid ass. None the less.....

Ok so you're mentally retarded. Good to know.

Homedawg
03-27-2015, 06:23 PM
Ok so you're mentally retarded. Good to know.

Considering you are the only one taking this ridiculous stance, maybe, just maybe, you should try to drop out of the thread. It would suit you well. You would then be good at something.

Dawgcentral
03-27-2015, 07:10 PM
Common sense would tell anyone that DT is a dumbass that has trouble everywhere he goes because he doesn't know how to cheat without getting caught. Seems pretty easy to figure that out.

That's why he got fired.

Homedawg
03-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Common sense would tell anyone that DT is a dumbass that has trouble everywhere he goes because he doesn't know how to cheat without getting caught. Seems pretty easy to figure that out.

That's why he got fired.
Explain that to dawg61.