PDA

View Full Version : So Osby is drafted #51 last night...

fishwater99
06-28-2013, 09:56 AM
I hope he makes it with a long career in the NBA. Just more evidence that shows how bad Stans was as a coach..

Goat Holder
06-28-2013, 10:02 AM
I think the Stans haters have been proven correct, at least from 2006 on out. I think he was a good coach until 2004. Had some rough years at the start, but I attribute that to being a head coach for the first time. He was definitely cocky and complacent there at the end.

Coach34
06-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Stansbury could recruit- but he was a terrible disciplinarian and an average coach. Alot of his problems with discipline come from him just being a nice guy. When you are a nice guy- you have got have a hatchet man on staff to play that role- even in basketball.

Another problem was his belief that players didnt really need to lift weights and work hard in the weight room. Not only does that make you a better athlete, but it builds discipline and toughness- things that we lacked the last 4-5 years of his regime.

Running guys like Osby off to keep some of the other turds we had was just simply poor judgement

Goat Holder
06-28-2013, 10:36 AM
He was not a nice guy at the end.....at least towards our athletic department and fans. That was his final undoing.