PDA

View Full Version : Dk Metcalf

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2015, 08:13 PM
Word is that Metcalf ran a 4.72 at the opening today in Atlanta.

Isn't this guy the 5 star WR, #1 player in the state?

Is OM recruiting him as a TE or WR?

Am I missing something, because I feel like I am.

Coach34
03-26-2015, 08:22 PM
He is an Ole Missus legacy- Ole Missus lock. Doesn't matter what he is ranked

Todd4State
03-26-2015, 08:28 PM
I've seen Metcalf play, and I thought he was pretty legit. No idea what happened with the Opening- but I do think he is a good player.

I think it's debatable if he is the number one player in the state. I think he is in the discussion. I think Brown from Starkville, Knott from Germantown, Cooley from Laurel, Simmons from Noxubee County, and maybe with a good senior year Lashley from West Point will all be in the discussion.

IMO the number one guy would be Knott. He has an Army AA invite already.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-26-2015, 08:34 PM
Considering the fastest time of the entire camp was 4.51 it wasn't that bad.

Thick
03-26-2015, 08:41 PM
Saw him play bball against MRA this year. He's a damn good athlete. Spoke to Terence (his dad), good people. My dad taught him at Clarksdale High back in the day. His son is a ripped up kid!!

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2015, 08:48 PM
Ok, thanks. I didn't realize he was such a great athlete and obviously runs better than a 4.72.

Thick
03-26-2015, 08:53 PM
Let me add, that his dad was a tackle in college and the pros. His son might end up at SS or maybe LB in college. He's got that kind of body as a junior, and he will get bigger. Reminds me of James Williams and Marc Woodard in body type, and I played with both of them.....very similar in body.

thf24
03-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Considering the fastest time of the entire camp was 4.51 it wasn't that bad.

Yeah, sounds like it was more of a clocking issue.

Harrydawg
03-26-2015, 09:19 PM
They'll (UM) protest it and get that changed or cut off the group that lead the camp.

Todd4State
03-26-2015, 09:34 PM
Yeah, sounds like it was more of a clocking issue.

Or a track/wind issue.

RougeDawg
03-26-2015, 09:47 PM
For what it's worth, I know Terrance and the family and from what they've said in my conversations with them is he's not a true lock to the Bears. If they don't come up with a QB solution he will most likely look elsewhere. He will be a WR in college. More of a Megatron/Randy Moss mix. If the Bears don't find a QB, look for him to start looking elsewhere.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-26-2015, 09:51 PM
Shea Patterson says hello. He & Metcalf are already playing together on a 7 on 7 team Patterson & his dad started. Metcalf will be at OM

Todd4State
03-26-2015, 09:52 PM
For what it's worth, I know Terrance and the family and from what they've said in my conversations with them is he's not a true lock to the Bears. If they don't come up with a QB solution he will most likely look elsewhere. He will be a WR in college. More of a Megatron/Randy Moss mix. If the Bears don't find a QB, look for him to start looking elsewhere.

Did Patterson de-commit?

RougeDawg
03-26-2015, 09:58 PM
Did Patterson de-commit?

Have you seen Patterson's competition? C34 would be a high 4 star playing against those teams. Damn some of you miss the forest for the trees, most of the time.

RougeDawg
03-26-2015, 09:59 PM
Shea Patterson says hello. He & Metcalf are already playing together on a 7 on 7 team Patterson & his dad started. Metcalf will be at OM

Ok, I'm just passing along the information I was told first hand in November. Thought that's what this board was for.

msstate7
03-26-2015, 10:00 PM
delete

Todd4State
03-26-2015, 10:05 PM
Have you seen Patterson's competition? C34 would be a high 4 star playing against those teams. Damn some of you miss the forest for the trees, most of the time.

Honestly, I have not seen his competition. I'll take your word that it sucks.

Whether Patterson sucks in college or not wasn't relevant to your quote. You said "if they don't come up with a QB solution he will most likely look elsewhere". I'm fairly certain that Ole Miss feels like Patterson is that solution- and as a result Metcalf as well.

I was truly trying to figure out if Patterson de-committed because there have been rumors that he might not end up at Ole Miss when it's all said and done.

RougeDawg
03-26-2015, 10:05 PM
How many other 4*'s qb's are in his district?

I don't know who plays in his league but his videos are not 5* caliber. How well have the other supposed 4+ star QB's fared at OM? The same people on here who are bashing People for putting faith in BBall players who've yet to step foot on campus, let alone sign, and putting faith in a current junior high school QB.

I understand some of you hate me bringing the baseball knowledge and want to bash me at the first chance, but I'm simply passing along what was told to me by Terrance himself.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-26-2015, 10:17 PM
Ok, I'm just passing along the information I was told first hand in November. Thought that's what this board was for.

That's cool but Patterson didn't commit until February.

RougeDawg
03-26-2015, 10:44 PM
That's cool but Patterson didn't commit until February.

Im fully aware of this. Just passing along that it's not a done deal. Things may change.

From the conversation, I gathered that Bama was the other team in this race, due to Saban and Cooper's success.

Eta: apostrophe in Cooper's.

Madisonmd
03-27-2015, 06:23 AM
BTW, he is Metcalf's step son

shoeless joe
03-27-2015, 06:54 AM
I don't know who plays in his league but his videos are not 5* caliber. How well have the other supposed 4+ star QB's fared at OM? The same people on here who are bashing People for putting faith in BBall players who've yet to step foot on campus, let alone sign, and putting faith in a current junior high school QB.

I understand some of you hate me bringing the baseball knowledge and want to bash me at the first chance, but I'm simply passing along what was told to me by Terrance himself.

I agree...ur a terrible baseball poster, not that you don't have some level of knowledge. But on other topics I've always thought you brought decent info.

As was just stated, he is not metcalf's biological son so his body type won't suddenly explode. He's a studd. And I have no reason to believe he will end up anywhere but ole miss. However, I also wouldn't be shocked if he looks around a good bit before signing day.

thedawg
03-27-2015, 07:38 AM
Hes going to Ole Miss. He is a stud. Like alot of players with talent like his he almost gets bored with high school football. Hes never been pushed. We need to focus our energy on AJ Brown. We cant let Ole Miss get both of them

lachepas565
03-27-2015, 08:32 AM
A legit 4.72 is a pretty good time in high school. That's what's so great about camps like the opening - these kids get laser timed and we find out that all the 4.4s and 4.5s being reported aren't real. How many times do you read about kids running a 4.4 in high school, but then a 4.65 at the NFL combine. It's because of all these "hand times" and flat out lies. The Opening separates the wheat from the chaff.

jumbo
03-27-2015, 08:56 AM
that was laser timed, so a "legit" 4.72 which would have been a 4.42 if it were hand timed. also, he performed well enough to get invited to the opening.

thf24
03-27-2015, 09:02 AM
Another thing to remember when timing high school kids is that many haven't been taught technique for running the 40, which can shave several 10ths or more off.

BeastMan
03-27-2015, 09:09 AM
Imo he's Treadwell minus just a smidge of speed and explosiveness. He's going to be a big,physical WR at the next level. He'll be a good one at OM.