PDA

View Full Version : Ray kasongo

msstate7
03-26-2015, 06:34 PM
3 CB's to us in the last 2 hours.

Looking like we'll get him and dixson. Wonder if Malik will be the only other offer

Dallas_Dawg
03-26-2015, 06:39 PM

Looking like we'll get him and dixson. Wonder if Malik will be the only other offer

Those two without Malik would be a birdie, those two with Malik is and Eagle and all of the above plus Diamond Stone would be a hole in one
Just to put things into perspective

msstate7
03-26-2015, 06:45 PM
Ray and howland want Ray, so he obviously must be a good player. That said his stats aren't very good...

http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2014-15/div1/players/raykasongovqic

Still want him.

CadaverDawg
03-26-2015, 06:56 PM
Ray and howland want Ray, so he obviously must be a good player. That said his stats aren't very good...

Still want him.

Yea and he's only started 7 of 34 games and averages 15 min per game according to that link. What's the story on him, and why is everyone high on him?

dickiedawg
03-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Had tons of high-major offers out of high school, had trouble with eligibility and now... Crickets. Was there an injury?

messageboardsuperhero
03-26-2015, 06:59 PM
Really hope we get this guy.

messageboardsuperhero
03-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Yea and he's only started 7 of 34 games and averages 15 min per game according to that link. What's the story on him, and why is everyone high on him?

He is a defensive stud. We need a tough guy enforcer in the post, and he would give us that and probably start for us right away next year.

messageboardsuperhero
03-26-2015, 07:02 PM
Had tons of high-major offers out of high school, had trouble with eligibility and now... Crickets. Was there an injury?

He has some offers. I know UM and Seton Hall want him pretty bad. There are a couple of more, but I'd have to look it up later...

CadaverDawg
03-26-2015, 07:09 PM
He is a defensive stud. We need a tough guy enforcer in the post, and he would give us that and probably start for us right away next year.

Nice, sounds like he would fill a big need for us. Thanks for the info

msstate7
03-26-2015, 07:10 PM
He has some offers. I know UM and Seton Hall want him pretty bad. There are a couple of more, but I'd have to look it up later...

Why didn't he start for his juco team? Only 7 starts and only 1 start in conference play

C222
03-26-2015, 07:11 PM
He played well in the NJCAA tournament. Got a lot of offer after that. I think he has a lot of upside plus teams are tying to add a big during the late signing period and he's about all that's left.

Dawg61
03-26-2015, 07:11 PM

Still want him.

In those 15 minutes a game he avg 2.2 blocks a game. 75 on the season. How many blocks did Black get this year? Ray Kosongo has 3 years left like Black. He's an upgrade over Black.

msstate7
03-26-2015, 07:14 PM
In those 15 minutes a game he avg 2.2 blocks a game. 75 on the season. How many blocks did Black get this year? Ray Kosongo has 3 years left like Black. He's an upgrade over Black.

Maybe he's an upgrade. Maybe he's not. I think black played against better competition this year. Dont you?

Dawg61
03-26-2015, 07:15 PM
Why didn't he start for his juco team? Only 7 starts and only 1 start in conference play

Idk but they are ranked #8 in the nation and he's a freshman. Ndoye didn't start most of his games in HS either for a top 10 national HS program either and I think it's pretty safe to say Kasongo is an upgrade over both Ndoye and Black.

C222
03-26-2015, 07:17 PM
Idk but they are ranked #8 in the nation and he's a freshman. Ndoye didn't start most of his games in HS either for a top 10 national HS program either and I think it's pretty safe to say Kasongo is an upgrade over both Ndoye and Black.

Kasongo is better than both.

Dawg61
03-26-2015, 07:21 PM
Maybe he's an upgrade. Maybe he's not. I think black played against better competition this year. Dont you?

Didn't Newman just start following Kasongo? Kinda random for him to follow a 6 ppg 5 rpg 15 minpg bench player unless there's something else to him/it. How does Newman know him? Potential future teammates already starting to bond it looks like to me. Newman needs a big boy down low.

msstate7
03-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Didn't Newman just start following Kasongo? Kinda random for him to follow a 6 ppg 5 rpg 15 minpg bench player unless there's something else to him/it. How does Newman know him? Potential future teammates already starting to bond it looks like to me. Newman needs a big boy down low.

Yeah malik just followed him.

I wonder if howland told Malik that kasondo is the big man he's recruiting to play with him.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-26-2015, 07:34 PM
I don't know what his deal is but I know after the tourney MSU, LSU, TN, OM, UNLV, Seton Hall, & Kansas St offered. Also watching his film doesn't match his stats at all.

Dawg61
03-26-2015, 07:34 PM
Yeah malik just followed him.

I wonder if howland told Malik that kasondo is the big man he's recruiting to play with him.

Might be a message being sent to Kentucky by Howland or I could be reading too much into this.

Kasongo is from Lick Creek, KY.
Dixon is from Bardstown, KY.

Interesting strategy to load up on big athletic Kentucky grown players that have been passed over by Kentucky.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-26-2015, 07:36 PM
Might be a message being sent to Kentucky by Howland or I could be reading too much into this.

Kasongo is from Lick Creek, KY.
Dixon is from Bardstown, KY.

Reading too much into that 1. Dixson is actually from West Virginia just played a couple years in Kentucky. Went back to WV for his Sr year.

Dawg61
03-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Reading too much into that 1. Dixson is actually from West Virginia just played a couple years in Kentucky. Went back to WV for his Sr year.

Well it was an interesting strategy the five minutes I had it.**

Harrydawg
03-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Malik and Ray played together in AAU, developed a good relationship......good for us.

Dawg61
03-26-2015, 07:45 PM
Malik and Ray played together in AAU, developed a good relationship......good for us.

Name of the team? List of that roster? Might be seeing some more names from that team.

Harrydawg
03-26-2015, 08:00 PM
Not sure if that's possible to pull up an AAU roster from a few years back......maybe somebody can find it

messageboardsuperhero
03-26-2015, 08:05 PM
Andy Kennedy is also visiting him Tuesday... This is one of the very few years we're going to actually recruit against UM, since we're trying to piece together some recruits at the end of the process. Kennedy always goes after transfers and JUCOs at the very end.

We need to lock this guy down.

Thick
03-26-2015, 08:48 PM
The key to Malik is us signing a big or maybe 2. He wants to make a run in the NCAA, and has told George that he would feel very comfortable if we signed another big. We are looking very good as of tonight.

chef dixon
03-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Andy Kennedy is also visiting him Tuesday... This is one of the very few years we're going to actually recruit against UM, since we're trying to piece together some recruits at the end of the process. Kennedy always goes after transfers and JUCOs at the very end.

We need to lock this guy down.

Hilarious to watch AK try and stay relevant. Does he really think he has a shot at this guy? We have absolutely crushed any momentum they had almost instantly from 1 week ago. Welcome back to your place OM hoops.

Thick
03-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Funny Chef!

shannondawg
03-27-2015, 07:26 AM

I guess its a dumb question, but what does CB mean?

Coach34
03-27-2015, 07:30 AM
Crystal Ball- 247's predictor used by its writers around the nation