PDA

View Full Version : Clay Travis on Finebaum

tireddawg
03-26-2015, 03:52 PM
Did anybody see/hear that? What's up with that guy? I don't know him. Is he usually an ass? What's his story?

FlabLoser
03-26-2015, 04:32 PM
He's a generic C34 on a national scale. Generic meaning he's an equal opportunity troller. Lotta fan boys despise him with NAFOOM-level asshatery.

I don't get it. Clay doesn't seem bad to me. He's no #MSUmafia.

codeDawg
03-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Did anybody see/hear that? What's up with that guy? I don't know him. Is he usually an ass? What's his story?

He was calling Jamis Winston and FSU out last year, which unleashed the fires of 11 twitter hells on him.

Coach34
03-26-2015, 04:46 PM
What did he say? He still owes me a few thousand dollars too btw***

DancingRabbit
03-26-2015, 04:57 PM
What did he say? He still owes me a few thousand dollars too btw***

Probably discussing his article yesterday about WV vs KY being the "dumbest sweet 16 game ever"

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/kentucky-vs-west-virginia-the-dumbest-sweet-16-game-of-all-time-032515

missouridawg
03-26-2015, 04:59 PM
Every fan base has a great troll or two. Clay may be the best troller of all time. He parlayed his trollpertise into a job with Fox Sports.

His mailbag every Wednesday is pretty damn funny.

Coach34
03-26-2015, 05:01 PM
Probably discussing his article yesterday about WV vs KY being the "dumbest sweet 16 game ever"

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/kentucky-vs-west-virginia-the-dumbest-sweet-16-game-of-all-time-032515

I laughed out loud

smootness
03-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Clay Travis is merely a product of the idiocy of a whole lot of people.

He himself is garbage and should never be taken seriously.

But it's not his fault he has a platform and people who want to hear what he has to say.

tireddawg
03-26-2015, 05:18 PM
One of the callers said "you gonna get yo ass whooped calling people names". He's a douche but his content & conversation with the callers made me laugh

dickiedawg
03-26-2015, 07:00 PM
Clay Travis is the douche nozzle who asked Tim Tebow about his virginity, if I'm not mistaken. Just a special class of troll.

Boomer15
03-26-2015, 07:15 PM

He wrote Dixieland Delight years back and started a website and as someone said gained popularity when he asked Tebow if he was a virgin. He makes his money off trolling fan bases especially Alabama and FSU. I enjoy his work, you can't take it personally which is what so many people do. His mailbag is a good read. I've actually been on it ha!

It_Could_Happen
03-27-2015, 12:56 AM
I'm actually a huge clay Travis fan. I've started following him since I read his book in high school. He's a very funny guy and his columns are hilarious. Annoymous mailbag on Tuesdays is one of the highlights of my week. You guys should read it.

mstatefan91
03-27-2015, 01:49 AM
Can't believe I even read half of that garbage article. He is a troll and makes money for it. I don't fault him for it...

jumbo
03-27-2015, 09:01 AM
his built his career on trolling, and does a damn good job of it. all his articles are usually just headlines to get responses like the "dumbest fan bases" one from a couple years ago.
I used to listen to him on his radio show in nashville before he left and he never really provided much insight. he would just argue why something was stupid or call callers out for being idiots.
his shtick gets old quick.

DudyDawg
03-27-2015, 09:16 AM
He's a funny follow on Twitter. He's not serious about 90% of his stuff but it's funny. Talked highly of the Howland hire tho

sandwolf
03-27-2015, 09:36 AM
I laughed out loud

Haha, as did I.

Dawg Corps
03-27-2015, 11:19 AM
It's an upside down world when it comes to Kentucky and West Virginia -- fans in single wides cheering for coaches in mansions, basketball fans without teeth cheering for basketball players with teeth, fans who have no hope of being admitted to academic powerhouse universities like Kentucky and West Virginia living or dying to the beat of a basketball's dribble. Like canaries in a coal mine without oxygen, these two states are where intelligence goes to die.

Just a little snippet for those who don't want to read the whole article that DancingRabbit linked...

gravedigger
03-27-2015, 12:00 PM
I just read the article. It wasnt bad because it was mean or inaccurate. It was bad because if he spent that much time attempting to be funny, he failed miserably. My gut feeling is that if you are motivated to go into that much detail over something so benign, obviously you are revealing that those dumb, stupid people's opinion actually matters.

If he had written that about us it wouldnt bother me in the least.

jumbo
03-27-2015, 12:59 PM
I just read the article. It wasnt bad because it was mean or inaccurate. It was bad because if he spent that much time attempting to be funny, he failed miserably. My gut feeling is that if you are motivated to go into that much detail over something so benign, obviously you are revealing that those dumb, stupid people's opinion actually matters.

If he had written that about us it wouldnt bother me in the least.

he does it because it gets the fanbases riled up. they all go to his site and read his articles and he makes tons of money.