McCray
Ziegler
Brooks

I seen it dawg
03-25-2015, 07:14 PM
No Pierre??????

archdog
03-25-2015, 07:53 PM
It's amazing what 5 days can do. Hate it for Ray, but I am back on board big time with MSU basketball.

yjnkdawg
03-25-2015, 08:00 PM
No Pierre??????

I guess it would throw the assistant salary scale in a frenzy. He is making a ton of money right now. Anyway I'm happy with this staff.

yjnkdawg
03-25-2015, 08:00 PM
It's amazing what 5 days can do. Hate it for Ray, but I am back on board big time with MSU basketball.

+1

Coach34
03-25-2015, 08:07 PM
Damn- I wish we could have swung it. It would have forced Brooks into the basketball op position though. Still looks to be a solid staff

Really Clark?
03-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Damn- I wish we could have swung it. It would have forced Brooks into the basketball op position though. Still looks to be a solid staff

Yeah but I like the staff composition even without Pierre. If Ledwig comes aboard as well I think this is still a grand slam hire from Howland through the staff. And has been done quickly with recruiting happening at the same time. We as a fan base should be extremely pumped but I'm not sure if the coach and staff are not even more so than we are. Very impressive beginning.

yjnkdawg
03-25-2015, 08:19 PM

I was hoping we could swing all 4 too. Not sure what the salaries are for our assistants, but Robbie said Butch was making around $400,000. On the Op job, it was said that none of the 4 would be interested in that position as it is an entry level type job with a lot more work.

blacklistedbully
03-25-2015, 08:47 PM
Yeah but I like the staff composition even without Pierre. If Ledwig comes aboard as well I think this is still a grand slam hire from Howland through the staff. And has been done quickly with recruiting happening at the same time. We as a fan base should be extremely pumped but I'm not sure if the coach and staff are not even more so than we are. Very impressive beginning.

How pumped is Scott Stricklin about now? Scott kicked some serious ass with this hire and the subsequent staff.

Really Clark?
03-25-2015, 09:18 PM
How pumped is Scott Stricklin about now? Scott kicked some serious ass with this hire and the subsequent staff.

Absolutely he is. I think if you listen to him over the weekend it seemed like he was confident in the direction the program was now going to take, if we got Howland.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
03-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Keeping Brooks helps tremendously with Malik. I wish we could have had Pierre, McCray, and Brooks. Is Zeigler the x and o guy? Other than a quick google search don't know much about him.

smootness
03-25-2015, 10:42 PM
Keeping Brooks helps tremendously with Malik. I wish we could have had Pierre, McCray, and Brooks. Is Zeigler the x and o guy? Other than a quick google search don't know much about him.

I think so. He didn't have success as the head guy at C Michigan, but I think he was considered integral to those UCLA Final Four teams, and I guess he was the head assistant at that point.

ETA: Looks like he was only there for the first UCLA run, but seems to have been elevated to Howland's top guy after Jamie Dixon stayed at Pitt.