PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jones

Covercorner2
03-25-2015, 03:53 PM
So, according to this article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/99517/now-a-junior-the-skys-the-limit-for-mississippi-state-dl-chris-jones

He has lost some weight...

dawgpound
03-25-2015, 04:01 PM
I would hope so, if not then our strength and conditioning program didnt do its job in the off season. I expect him to be a major force this year

BeardoMSU
03-25-2015, 04:01 PM
280ish? Damn...

ShotgunDawg
03-25-2015, 04:05 PM
I trust our coaches, but I'm worried that we are trying to stick a square peg in a round hole. Much like when they had Perk gain weight in an attempt to become an every down back and thus losing his speed, I wonder if we are ignoring the reality that Chris is a defensive tackle and instead should be doing everything in his power to be the best defensive tackle in college football.

Again, I trust our coaches, but I'm extremely curious to see how this turns out.

Political Hack
03-25-2015, 04:14 PM
I'd let him cover Treadwell if he says he can do it. Just turn him loose and make plays.

Homedawg
03-25-2015, 04:23 PM
So, according to this article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/99517/now-a-junior-the-skys-the-limit-for-mississippi-state-dl-chris-jones

He has lost some weight...

Article is crap. He never weighed 280 his fr year. He was 300 when he got here. He isn't 280 now. Believe what you wish.

Liverpooldawg
03-25-2015, 04:42 PM
I like the idea of moving him around in game, IF he plays up to what we expect. It would be harder to scheme him that way.

Coach34
03-25-2015, 04:44 PM
Chris Jones will not weigh under 300 again

Todd4State
03-25-2015, 05:44 PM
Whatever he weighs, I like the idea of moving him around on the d-line.

Bothrops
03-25-2015, 05:49 PM
He was probably 320ish in the EB.

Dawgcentral
03-25-2015, 06:32 PM
If he's dropped to 280 he's been doing some serious work. With today's advances in nutrition and conditioning, I guess it's possible,..but I'll believe it when I see it.

I seen it dawg
03-25-2015, 06:35 PM
He needs to jump to Fletcher Cox level this year.

smootness
03-25-2015, 09:13 PM
I saw him in the background of one of the pictures from practice, and he definitely looks slimmed down. Even without pads, I would say he looked smaller than an OL.

justwin
03-26-2015, 03:07 PM
huge, huge year for Chris.

I don't care about his weight as much as I care about him being the unquestioned leader of our DL both vocally and in production. He needs to wreak havoc and it'll be different for him being the true starter with the most PT.

Our DL play will make or break our season and it's on his shoulders.

returning players are Ryan Brown, Nick James, Nelson Adams, AJ, and then Chris. The other 4 have never had to be the guy and we don't really know what we're going to get from them especially Nick & Nelson @ DTs.

Then, you have 3-5 unknowns in Cory, Coleman, Calvin, Hoyett, Grant Harris & Fletcher Adams. They're all the same size for the most part. Can 2 of the 5 step up and contribute?

all the other parts of our team are fine except placekicker. Of course, Dak still needs to learn on pitching and giving the ball on sweeps too.

The 4th game of the season @ Aub will determine how far we go especially since we'll be playing against the refs in Auburn, as usual.

Overall, be really nice if Chris Jones has a coming out party vs LSU on Nat'l tv.

when will Quay Evans get back on the team? Summer?

smootness
03-26-2015, 03:26 PM
Then, you have 3-5 unknowns in Cory, Coleman, Calvin, Hoyett, Grant Harris & Fletcher Adams. They're all the same size for the most part. Can 2 of the 5 step up and contribute?

??

Cory Thomas - 6'6" 300+
Will Coleman - 6'5" 245
Johnathan Calvin - 6'4" 250
Braxton Hoyett - 6'3" 300
Grant Harris - 6'4" 270
Fletcher Adams - 6'2" 260

They pretty much run the gamut for defensive linemen. And I wouldn't count on Quay ever playing again.

mic
03-26-2015, 03:36 PM
I saw both him and Nick day 2 of practice still no pads and they both had lost some lb's
I don't care what they weigh just as long as they cause havoc...

BiscuitEater
03-26-2015, 03:48 PM
Chris Jones will not weigh under 300 again

You know more about Chris Jones than Chris Jones knows about himself. Why would he outright lie to Paul Jones yesterday when he said ..

"It feels good and I am in the best shape of my collegiate career," said the 6-foot-5 Jones. "I feel good and I am back to 290, running around better and feeling good. My body feels good and I know that is easy to say the first day of pads. But I do feel a lot better out here."

"I did a lot of cardio and lost a lot of weight. I was like 318, 315 pounds and got back down to 290 now. So I am trying to maintain that and stay in good shape."

Homedawg
03-26-2015, 03:56 PM
I
You know more about Chris Jones than Chris Jones knows about himself. Why would he outright lie to Paul Jones yesterday when he said ..

"It feels good and I am in the best shape of my collegiate career," said the 6-foot-5 Jones. "I feel good and I am back to 290, running around better and feeling good. My body feels good and I know that is easy to say the first day of pads. But I do feel a lot better out here."

"I did a lot of cardio and lost a lot of weight. I was like 318, 315 pounds and got back down to 290 now. So I am trying to maintain that and stay in good shape."

Not coach but- he said he weighed 280,in a different article on ESPN, when he got here. That flat wasn't true. He was never below 300lbs after he got here. So point is, he stretched the truth by twenty pounds about his fr weight, so I'd say he's stretching it again. Check that- I know he's stretching it. He's not below 300 as of now. But as others say, I don't really care what he weigh as long as he's in shape, goes hard, and is disruptive.

HancockCountyDog
03-26-2015, 04:20 PM
when will Quay Evans get back on the team? Summer?

From everything I'm hearing, we would all be happy if Quay just went back to Morton. He just needs to get away from the team.

Dallas_Dawg
03-26-2015, 04:26 PM
If that's true, then they need to run his ass off.

Coach34
03-26-2015, 04:51 PM

Because I talked to a member of our staff when I was in Sville 3 weeks ago- and that is what he said. Chris can say he weighs 240 for all I care- the question remains is he in great shape? He wasn't last year

Coach34
03-26-2015, 04:53 PM
If that's true, then they need to run his ass off.

Quay Evans will never play another snap at Miss State

Dallas_Dawg
03-26-2015, 04:58 PM
Quay Evans will never play another snap at Miss State

He ought to go to Alcorn or Jackson state then.

smootness
03-26-2015, 04:58 PM
Because I talked to a member of our staff when I was in Sville 3 weeks ago- and that is what he said. Chris can say he weighs 240 for all I care- the question remains is he in great shape? He wasn't last year

He looked pretty 'lean' in the pictures I saw. I don't say that to mean he's under 300, just that he looks like he's in really good shape. Certainly didn't look like he had unnecessary fat.

Coach34
03-26-2015, 05:00 PM
He looked pretty 'lean' in the pictures I saw. I don't say that to mean he's under 300, just that he looks like he's in really good shape. Certainly didn't look like he had unnecessary fat.

and that may well be true- but a Chris Jones in damn good shape is still going to be 303 pounds or so. His frame is what it is

Todd4State
03-26-2015, 05:19 PM
and that may well be true- but a Chris Jones in damn good shape is still going to be 303 pounds or so. His frame is what it is

He is just a BIG man.

MabenMaroon
03-26-2015, 06:44 PM
In the picture of him on the carousel at GP, one thing struck me as different about him ( regardless of what he weighs ). He doesn't have that boyish baby fat look about him anymore. He looks like an NFL player and downright mean. I hope his play this coming season reflects that look about him that he is projecting.

Bama_Dawg
03-27-2015, 09:58 AM
As many have said before this is the $$$ year for him, so its time for him to turn it up. Every fiber of my being says that, barring injury, he will be a beast.