PDA

View Full Version : It's hard to stay on top

chizmo19
03-25-2015, 09:20 AM
First of all, "That's what she said".

Seriously. I know we all want State to be the best in every single aspect of every single sport. But it just isn't going to happen. It's not.

Some of you can't fathom the thought that one day our football program won't meet your expectations. Get over it.

In sports, like in all things, there are ups and downs. Football/Baseball/Basketball/Curling/Water Polo/Fishing. For whatever reason, sometimes things just don't work out. I realize fingers will always be pointing somewhere but my gosh. Enough with the drama.

I applaud SS for the move he made on the new BBall coach. We took a chance on RR and it didn't pan out, oh well.

Cohen? Who knows? Let's not forget he was the HC that took us to Omaha a few years ago. How quickly we forget. I know a lot of people want to grab a torch and pitchfork and be 'off with his head'. Granted I'm not super excited about how the season is starting off but I feel if anyone can right the ship, it's Cohen.

I say all of this to encourage everyone to be positive about MSU. These players and coaches aren't deaf to the banter that is being said behind their backs.

Go Dawgs!!

confucius say
03-25-2015, 09:28 AM

Seriously. I know we all want State to be the best in every single aspect of every single sport. But it just isn't going to happen. It's not.

Some of you can't fathom the thought that one day our football program won't meet your expectations. Get over it.

In sports, like in all things, there are ups and downs. Football/Baseball/Basketball/Curling/Water Polo/Fishing. For whatever reason, sometimes things just don't work out. I realize fingers will always be pointing somewhere but my gosh. Enough with the drama.

I applaud SS for the move he made on the new BBall coach. We took a chance on RR and it didn't pan out, oh well.

Cohen? Who knows? Let's not forget he was the HC that took us to Omaha a few years ago. How quickly we forget. I know a lot of people want to grab a torch and pitchfork and be 'off with his head'. Granted I'm not super excited about how the season is starting off but I feel if anyone can right the ship, it's Cohen.

I say all of this to encourage everyone to be positive about MSU. These players and coaches aren't deaf to the banter that is being said behind their backs.

Go Dawgs!!

I'm as upset as anyone about our baseball season, and I have accepted that we will be a bubble tourney team at best this year. That said, some of us need to step back from the ledge. Judging off cohen's 15 year track record as a head coach, I think we will be fine going forward.

WPDawg
03-25-2015, 10:13 AM

Go Dawgs!!

Exactly. There are going to be valleys but overall we are in pretty good shape as an athletics program and have the opportunity to compete at a high level in all areas.

gtowndawg
03-25-2015, 10:24 AM
And I honestly don't know enough about college baseball to weigh in. Is his philosophy of walking and bunting always going to hinder us? Or, is it a sound strategy to win a lot of games?

As a fan I prefer to see people get up and mash the ball but maybe those days are just simply gone never to return.

Everyone agrees on great pitching. That strategy will never go away.

BiscuitEater
03-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Good first post .. agree 100% & really excited about Howland. Have high hopes that Cohen can turn this team around .. soon. They just need to gain some confidence .. especially at the plate and bullpen.

smootness
03-25-2015, 11:19 AM
And I honestly don't know enough about college baseball to weigh in. Is his philosophy of walking and bunting always going to hinder us? Or, is it a sound strategy to win a lot of games?

As a fan I prefer to see people get up and mash the ball but maybe those days are just simply gone never to return.

Everyone agrees on great pitching. That strategy will never go away.

Walking? Good strategy as long as you're not forcing it. Just need to be patient and make them throw a good pitch. If they don't, take your base. Good strategy.

Bunting like we do? Will always hinder us. In no way are the days of getting up and swinging gone. Baseball thought is going AWAY from sac bunting, not toward it. And for good reason.