PDA

View Full Version : I saw the Bafoom morons are calling Howland

Coach34
03-25-2015, 08:48 AM
A "Houston Nutt" type hire....wow. They then doubled down when one of them said it will take Howland 3 years to get us back to the NIT.

The only thing that may take 3 years is how long it takes him to run Kennedy out of a job

msstate7
03-25-2015, 08:50 AM
AK is about to have a ton of pressure on him. The only person happier than us about out hire is Michael white imo

Big4Dawg
03-25-2015, 08:54 AM
A "Houston Nutt" type hire....wow. They then doubled down when one of them said it will take Howland 3 years to get us back to the NIT.

The only thing that may take 3 years is how long it takes him to run Kennedy out of a job

I've heard this and then them also say "Enjoy him for three years. He will be gone as soon as he gets a better offer".

So are we going to suck for three years or is he going to do good enough to get hired away? You can't have it both ways.

bulldogsmsu
03-25-2015, 08:58 AM
I really don't care what those idiots think. I in no way expected them to praise the hire, very bad news for them. Time to get back on track! Hope he closes this recruiting class out with a bang. That will shut folks up real quickly!

Tbonewannabe
03-25-2015, 08:58 AM
I've heard this and then them also say "Enjoy him for three years. He will be gone as soon as he gets a better offer".

So are we going to suck for three years or is he going to do good enough to get hired away? You can't have it both ways.

I only wish we had been able to keep Mullen since he left after the first job offer.

messageboardsuperhero
03-25-2015, 09:19 AM
A "Houston Nutt" type hire....wow.

They then doubled down when one of them said it will take Howland 3 years to get us back to the NIT.

That's rich on both counts.

I've heard everything from "he's lost it" to "he left UCLA in shambles" to "he'll win and be gone in two years" to "he mentioned us in his press conference" (as if Freeze didn't mention the EB in his introductory PC) and of course the obligatory "sTaRkpAtCH SUxX!!111!!" The leaving UCLA in shambles one is funny, considering they won the Pac-12 the year Howland was fired and the new coach has made the Sweet 16 in each of his first years. I even saw someone say he hopes Howland does well so it will put pressure on them... LOL, no you don't.

It's also ironic to me that not two weeks ago, Rick Ray was considered a classless heathen for cussing out Marshall Henderson- but since Howland was hired, Ray became a good guy who deserved better from us... Yeah, okay.

It's just deflection in any way possible. Howland is probably the most proven, "name" coach that has ever been hired (at the time of the hiring at least, IMO) in any sport in the history of MS. UM is just mad their little run in MS basketball is coming to an end pretty soon.

mic
03-25-2015, 09:22 AM
I have already had a couple of my OM boys text me and say what a great hire it was and they are very jealous...
Tells Ya all you need to know....

msstate7
03-25-2015, 09:24 AM
Who was the OM player that said they were always better than us? Please don't let him be a senior

Coach34
03-25-2015, 09:38 AM
I only wish we had been able to keep Mullen since he left after the first job offer.

Yep- they told us for 5 years Mullen was going to leave at his first job offer- now they have changed to "nobody wants Mullen"

BeardoMSU
03-25-2015, 10:06 AM
Who was the OM player that said they were always better than us? Please don't let him be a senior

I believe that was Jarvis Summers, and he be gone.

I really don't give a shit about what they think about our basketball program. It's really funny, actually. They think they are finally relevant in the sport, (congrats on making it to the play-in games, btw, that's quite the accomplishment), yet they had to wait on us to have our 3 worst years in program history to take the "lead" (and we still beat them 2 times). And the thing is, we don't compete with OM in this sport, not on the court and not in recruiting; never have, never will. I think the last time they had a big-time basketball talent was Terrico White, who AK totally mismanaged, and he jumped premature to the league and floundered out after a year or so.

And personally, it really made me cringe when Howland said that about the Prez telling him "you've got to beat OM". Well duh...we have to beat all the shitty teams in the SEC if we're gonna improve (including Auburn, Bama, SC, Georgia, Mizzu, etc.). One of the last things I remember Stans saying that I actually agreed with (and loved, actually), was at the start of the "our state" billboard campaign, someone asked him what he thought about it, and how important to him the OM/MSU rivalry was? He responded by saying something to the effect of "I don't really worry about that, I think our record with them speaks for itself; I'm more worried about beating the Kentucky's and Florida's of the world". 17'n aye! Ben Howland needs to have that same attitude and the whole "OM basketball thing" will work itself out. I guess this phenomenon is magnified because they swept us this year (again, congrats!, we sucked), but hurray 17'n hoo.

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-25-2015, 10:10 AM
It's not a big deal that Howland said that. Every team wants to beat their in-state rival. We want to beat them, they want to beat us. No shame in admitting it. As long as you don't have some dumb attitude of "our season was terrible but we beat Ole Miss so that's ok." Which most people don't have.

LeakyD
03-25-2015, 11:45 AM
I think it was Newby that ran his mouth.

Dawgcentral
03-25-2015, 07:04 PM
Kennedy has peaked. It's not as though they were a sure thing for the tourney this year. He's a decent coach, but that's as far as it goes.

History repeats itself. Like I said in another thread, the Howland hire reminds me of when we brought Sherril in. Brewer freaked put immediately, and called Jackie a Habitual Liar. He knew his time was done. The clock is ticking for TSUN's, "International Incident".

archdog
03-25-2015, 07:47 PM
My favorite part about when we hired Jackie was people like Paterno talking crap. Turns out Paterno was practically holding down little boys for Sandusky. Sherrill on the other hand keeps keeping on.

Bothrops
03-25-2015, 07:50 PM
The ones that know what's up aren't saying anything.

yjnkdawg
03-25-2015, 07:55 PM

It's fun to see Ak's expressions on the bench when OM is losing.

Howboutdemdogs
03-25-2015, 08:25 PM
AK and Bucky have peaked. They know that, but it is easier for them bad mouth some else; in hopes no one finds out the truth about OM.

blacklistedbully
03-25-2015, 08:39 PM
Those morons on Nafoom are living in a fantasy world. But they are not atypical of a huge percentage of TSUN fans you'll find on most any board. I took a look today because of this thread, and noticed them using a tactic very common with Bear fans. They took quotes out of context from Howland's presser, claiming he said something he did not, that all he had to do was beat Ole Miss, that that was what Dr. Keenum had told him. Of course we all know the truth is, Keenum did tell him how important it is to beat Ole Miss, but never, ever said it's, "all he had to do" or was even the most important thing he had to do.

Those bumbling, idiotic simpletons are eating that shit up like it's the gospel, and using it as a platform to claim all we care about is beating them. And of course, they pretend they don't care nearly so much about beating us. They don't even realize how stupid they look, and that makes it all the more amusing.

The only coach in their entire existence that made them relevant in any sport for an extended period of time, Vaught, said himself they should never forget that Mississippi State is their rival. Numerous football players from Vaught teams have been quoted as saying the Mississippi State game was the one game they could not lose above all others. Yet those toothless morons like to pretend they don't care because it feeds that incredibly fragile, impossibly deluded ego and false sense of superiority those asshats clearly have, despite the fact that, not only is there not any supporting evidence to warrant it, but there is actually evidence that shows we're the ones with the decided edge in most sports, particularly big 3 sports.

Even the one historical edge they have, football, has been so even for so long now they can't logically claim an advantage there either. One brief period in time, under Vaught in the 50's & 60's is pretty much all they have to hang their hat on. It would be sad if it wasn't so damned funny, the way those tools base their, "claim to dominance" on a period of time that ended over 4 decades ago.

War Machine Dawg
03-25-2015, 09:50 PM
Those morons on Nafoom are living in a fantasy world. But they are not atypical of a huge percentage of TSUN fans you'll find on most any board. I took a look today because of this thread, and noticed them using a tactic very common with Bear fans. They took quotes out of context from Howland's presser, claiming he said something he did not, that all he had to do was beat Ole Miss, that that was what Dr. Keenum had told him. Of course we all know the truth is, Keenum did tell him how important it is to beat Ole Miss, but never, ever said it's, "all he had to do" or was even the most important thing he had to do.

Those bumbling, idiotic simpletons are eating that shit up like it's the gospel, and using it as a platform to claim all we care about is beating them. And of course, they pretend they don't care nearly so much about beating us. They don't even realize how stupid they look, and that makes it all the more amusing.

The only coach in their entire existence that made them relevant in any sport for an extended period of time, Vaught, said himself they should never forget that Mississippi State is their rival. Numerous football players from Vaught teams have been quoted as saying the Mississippi State game was the one game they could not lose above all others. Yet those toothless morons like to pretend they don't care because it feeds that incredibly fragile, impossibly deluded ego and false sense of superiority those asshats clearly have, despite the fact that, not only is there not any supporting evidence to warrant it, but there is actually evidence that shows we're the ones with the decided edge in most sports, particularly big 3 sports.

Even the one historical edge they have, football, has been so even for so long now they can't logically claim an advantage there either. One brief period in time, under Vaught in the 50's & 60's is pretty much all they have to hang their hat on. It would be sad if it wasn't so damned funny, the way those tools base their, "claim to dominance" on a period of time that ended over 4 decades ago.

http://i.imgur.com/JiC5KOU.gif

http://i.imgur.com/RSCcYCh.gif

http://i.imgur.com/T40NzdX.gif

http://i.imgur.com/RGt7lRD.gif

Mutt the Hoople
03-25-2015, 10:15 PM

You take away the Vaught aberration, and the Larry Gillard Eligibility Lynching, State leads the series. In the past quarter century, we've utterly dominated.

Jack Lambert
03-26-2015, 07:26 AM
I really don't care what those idiots think. I in no way expected them to praise the hire, very bad news for them. Time to get back on track! Hope he closes this recruiting class out with a bang. That will shut folks up real quickly!

If that was the case how come he is coming now?

shannondawg
03-26-2015, 08:06 AM
I wonder if Keenum even told him that, that's just fodder to please us fans in the press conference.

Thick
03-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Those guys know it's a damn good hire.....better then what they currently have now. They know that we will be good this year, and they know that they will wash, rinse, and repeat what they do every year with AK. When they balk and make excuses/fun of us, they are obviously worried.

ScottH
03-26-2015, 11:15 AM
Stolen from a 247 post. I thought it spot on....mods delete if you feel someones copyright was infringed:

We are no longer taking a knife to a gunfight.

We have just hired one of the best coaches in the country.

Not a just a really good coach but a elite coach.

3 Final Fours, 20+ NBA players, 20+ win average at 3 schools

The only active coaches that have been to more Final Fours are K, Pitino, Williams, Izzo, Calipari, Boeheim, and Donovan

Let that sink in.

And best of all, I think a little part of him thinks he has something to prove. He may have me completely snowed but I believe he thinks he has lucked upon the perfect place to do it.

Schultzy
03-26-2015, 11:37 AM
..."incredibly fragile, impossibly deluded ego and false sense of superiority"...

Some people know how to say a lot with very few words.