PDA

View Full Version : Howlands Contract $$$

Dallas_Dawg
03-24-2015, 08:45 PM
I havent seen it mentioned. How many years for how much?

Liverpooldawg
03-24-2015, 08:46 PM
4 years, 2.05 mil a year.

BeardoMSU
03-24-2015, 08:47 PM
4 years 2.05 million average.

bullet_proof_bulldog
03-24-2015, 09:16 PM
[I believe he will be every penny of it! Should we have went this route instead getting a bargain basement coach like coach Ray we wouldn't be in the shape we are currently in.Good news is now we are now on the right track to make ourselves much much better in the very near future. I can see us at least being able to finish ourselves making the NIT at worst and maybe getting to the big dance. Congrats coach Howland and his incoming staff!

DancingRabbit
03-24-2015, 09:31 PM
[I believe he will be every penny of it! Should we have went this route instead getting a bargain basement coach like coach Ray we wouldn't be in the shape we are currently in.Good news is now we are now on the right track to make ourselves much much better in the very near future. I can see us at least being able to finish ourselves making the NIT at worst and maybe getting to the big dance. Congrats coach Howland and his incoming staff!

Timing is everything, and we didn't have the SECN money in the bank 3 years ago. I don't think there were any hungry, unemployed top-line coaches available then. And, some of our top candidates were probably hesitant to follow a school's all time winning-est coach that had left behind a big mess.

Dallas_Dawg
03-24-2015, 10:02 PM
That seems like a good value. Hopefully will have to bump him up after a Tourney run next year

yjnkdawg
03-24-2015, 10:33 PM
Timing is everything, and we didn't have the SECN money in the bank 3 years ago. I don't think there were any hungry, unemployed top-line coaches available then. And, some of our top candidates were probably hesitant to follow a school's all time winning-est coach that had left behind a big mess.

I don't think the money was the major issue, but I think it was the mess (drug issues, etc.) our program was in. None of the top candidates (established head coaches) wanted any part of that mess.

yjnkdawg
03-24-2015, 10:41 PM

This route would not have worked, when Ray was hired. No successful head coach would even consider our job with the mess our program was in. Ray was hired to clean the mess up and to hopefully win games. He did everything asked of him, but win the games.