PDA

View Full Version : We go it right....

ShotgunDawg
03-24-2015, 02:57 PM
Watching the press conference, and what sticks out to me his how confident, assured, and the presence that Howland has. If our players take the floor with that same confidence and presence, we will win.

I don't care much about how we got him or who fired Rick Ray, but what I do care about is that we got it right.

Our basketball program now has president, direction, and identity.

smootness
03-24-2015, 02:59 PM
We literally could not have possibly made a better hire. It's honestly surreal seeing Ben Howland standing there with an M-State lapel pin.

ShotgunDawg
03-24-2015, 03:01 PM
We literally could not have possibly made a better hire. It's honestly surreal seeing Ben Howland standing there with an M-State lapel pin.

We've now got a floor general that can look Cal, Pearl, Pitino, etc.. in the eye as an equal.

smootness
03-24-2015, 03:04 PM
We've now got a floor general that can look Cal, Pearl, Pitino, etc.. in the eye as an equal.

Yep. Unreal.

msstate7
03-24-2015, 03:07 PM
Last year, most of us state fans were just hoping we could get it turned around while the whole west had or was poised to pass us by. Not any more. Our hire has some sec coaches nervous to say the least

Bothrops
03-24-2015, 03:38 PM
I was extremely impressed with Howland at the PC. I also liked how he introduced his family. Very classy.

smootness
03-24-2015, 03:52 PM
I was extremely impressed with Howland at the PC. I also liked how he introduced his family. Very classy.

Agreed.

The awkward thing about these press conferences is always the fact that the current players are sitting there. So when you talk about recruiting and Bonner asks how we get guys like Love and Westbrook to Starkville, you realize they're sitting there basically hearing that we have to get much better players.

Obviously they know they're not Wetsbrook and haven't won a lot but it's still awkward.

I do really like that Howland talked about them and how impressed he was with them, though. That was good to hear.

Political Hack
03-24-2015, 04:03 PM
it doesn't matter what level you coach at... your intensity and confidence impacts your players, and if you carry yourself the right way, you can influence how they carry themselves. This cat knows how to win.

Bothrops
03-24-2015, 04:42 PM
Agreed.

The awkward thing about these press conferences is always the fact that the current players are sitting there. So when you talk about recruiting and Bonner asks how we get guys like Love and Westbrook to Starkville, you realize they're sitting there basically hearing that we have to get much better players.

Obviously they know they're not Wetsbrook and haven't won a lot but it's still awkward.

I do really like that Howland talked about them and how impressed he was with them, though. That was good to hear.

True. But on e thing is for sure, our current players are going to be better. No doubt in my mind.

yjnkdawg
03-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Agreed.

When you have the media there, you are always subject to somebody asking some insensitive or dumb question. Like the tv reporter did, also. But I thought Coach Howland passed the presser with flying colors and was sincere and truthful.

Apoplectic
03-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Agreed.

Agree. I only know of one dbag snakehandling coach that will look at his losing team in the locker room and tell them he needs better players to win.

Lumpy Chucklelips
03-24-2015, 05:56 PM
I ran across his presser when he got fired from UCLA and hell, he even won that one. And I'm being serious. It was a 24 minute press conference for being fired. Damndest thing I've ever seen.

tcdog70
03-24-2015, 06:49 PM
Agreed.

Smoot, I watched the interview with Seth Davis and several of his NBA players weren't high ranked. Westfield was just a three star.He Coaches up players, if they they don'twant to work then they are gone. That is why he has transfers. Our players should be fired up to play for Him

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
03-24-2015, 06:58 PM
huge kellenburger & andy "paint chip" lee were responsible for the only embarrassing questions. Coach Howland basically cited his resume to andy lee & made him eat it.

ckDOG
03-24-2015, 07:15 PM
3 days ago we had Ray as our coach and I couldn't have cared less about basketball. Now I'm pumped and can't wait to see how we close our recruiting and for next season to get here. I'm sure there are many just like me. Damn right we got it right.

BeardoMSU
03-24-2015, 07:25 PM
3 days ago we had Ray as our coach and I couldn't have cared less about basketball. Now I'm pumped and can't wait to see how we close our recruiting and for next season to get here. I'm sure there are many just like me. Damn right we got it right.

http://i.imgur.com/45WW0wy.gif

This comment resonates so well, I had to post the .gif 3 times, lol.

Really, this is the best I've felt about basketball in since 2003.

smootness
03-24-2015, 08:18 PM
Smoot, I watched the interview with Seth Davis and several of his NBA players weren't high ranked. Westfield was just a three star.He Coaches up players, if they they don'twant to work then they are gone. That is why he has transfers. Our players should be fired up to play for Him

I'm not sure why you're telling me this. I love Howland. Was just speaking to the awkwardness of new coach press conferences when the team hasn't been very good.