PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
03-24-2015, 01:08 PM
i wish. got class.

BulldogDX55
03-24-2015, 01:14 PM
I'll be there.

ConkyMSU
03-24-2015, 01:21 PM
I'll be there. It's also going to be on SECN+ at 2:30.

mstatefan91
03-24-2015, 01:23 PM
I'll be there

TheRef
03-24-2015, 01:41 PM
I'll be there. Live tweeting the whole thing.

BulldogDX55
03-24-2015, 02:25 PM
The hump is filling up nicely. Looks to be a good 1000 people here, including Bailey Howell.

starkvegasdawg
03-24-2015, 02:38 PM
The hump is filling up nicely. Looks to be a good 1000 people here, including Bailey Howell.

Double game attendance.

mparkerfd20
03-24-2015, 02:43 PM
I like how they conveniently moved over to better looking eye candy in the background early on.

RougeDawg
03-24-2015, 03:18 PM
Double game attendance.

Damnit. Beat me to it. More like 5 times game attendance.

yjnkdawg
03-24-2015, 03:32 PM
Is there any link for the pc, if you missed it live on SECN+. Thanks!

DanDority
03-24-2015, 04:09 PM
I'd like a link for those of us who missed it live as well. Thanks

smootness
03-24-2015, 04:10 PM
You should be able to find the press conference on replay via SECN+. So go to espn.com, go to ESPN3, and search replays.

DawgInMemphis
03-24-2015, 04:10 PM
I'd like a link for those of us who missed it live as well. Thanks

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2425152/

engie
03-24-2015, 04:11 PM
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2425152/size/condensed/

ChevChelios
03-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Great... cant watch the damn video, and not available from our own website.

DanDority
03-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Thanks guys!

yjnkdawg
03-24-2015, 04:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2425152/

Thanks. I had gone to Hailstate and found this link. Great Presser. Coach Howland is really impressive in all aspects of his life's philosophy, both athletic and non-athletic. A Homerun hire for sure.

yjnkdawg
03-24-2015, 04:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2425152/size/condensed/

Thanks Engie.

mic
03-24-2015, 05:08 PM
CBH pimped our football program like we were Bama.. CDM needs to be the first to welcome him

smootness
03-24-2015, 05:12 PM
CBH pimped our football program like we were Bama.. CDM needs to be the first to welcome him

Well, we were the center of the college football world for half the season and now have the most recognizable name in college football, if not all of college sports.

Just think about that.

mcain31
03-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Here is the BSR link to audio file of Coach Howland's Introductory Press Conference:
http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/bulldogsportsradio/2015-03-24-1724241576-howlandpc.mp3

shannondawg
03-24-2015, 06:02 PM
I just got back from there, my step is a little quicker and a little higher after listening to this.

Folks this is a big time hire, there is no doubt in my mind that he knows what he wants and how to go about it.

I actually feel sorry for Rick Ray being thrown in to such a pressure cooker as the SEC, without any experience or knowledge on how to go about recruiting players and their coaches, alumni. He was an island upon himself. Not all his fault, who would turn down the kinda money he made and will get for one or two years. Nice nest egg, and maybe another shot at coaching in the future. He will certainly have time to look back and reflex on his mistakes. Lets wish him well.

shannondawg
03-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Incidentally, did anyone see Richard Williams and LT sitting together on tv? Who was the stocky guy with a full head of white hair sitting next to them? Got a reason for asking.

Coach34
03-24-2015, 06:29 PM
Was that you Grandpa??

yjnkdawg
03-24-2015, 06:41 PM
I just got back from there, my step is a little quicker and a little higher after listening to this.

Folks this is a big time hire, there is no doubt in my mind that he knows what he wants and how to go about it.

I actually feel sorry for Rick Ray being thrown in to such a pressure cooker as the SEC, without any experience or knowledge on how to go about recruiting players and their coaches, alumni. He was an island upon himself. Not all his fault, who would turn down the kinda money he made and will get for one or two years. Nice nest egg, and maybe another shot at coaching in the future. He will certainly have time to look back and reflex on his mistakes. Lets wish him well.

I agree with everything you said.

mic
03-24-2015, 06:43 PM
Well, we were the center of the college football world for half the season and now have the most recognizable name in college football, if not all of college sports.

Just think about that.

I agree.... Just saying ..

engie
03-24-2015, 06:47 PM

Buy/Sell:

Ben Howland understands Mississippi State better after 48 hours on the job than Rick Ray did after 3 years? I'm buying. Not a shot at Ray -- I was just shocked at how Howland hit every high point about our history off memory basically without notes. Had a distinct plan already in place. Crazy that he learned all that -- and went into such great detail about how he "fit" the culture of the school like that(something he had to learn in an insanely short period of time) -- in 48 hours after virtually a lifetime in SoCal. I now feel like there is no ceiling for where we can go. Should have been working on the Hump the past 3 years -- we're about to need it...

BulldogDX55
03-24-2015, 06:55 PM
Buy/Sell:

Ben Howland understands Mississippi State better after 48 hours on the job than Rick Ray did after 3 years? I'm buying. Not a shot at Ray -- I was just shocked at how Howland hit every high point about our history off memory basically without notes. Had a distinct plan already in place. Crazy that he learned all that -- and went into such great detail about how he "fit" the culture of the school like that(something he had to learn in an insanely short period of time) -- in 48 hours after virtually a lifetime in SoCal. I now feel like there is no ceiling for where we can go. Should have been working on the Hump the past 3 years -- we're about to need it...

Yeah, I noticed that he already seemed to have us researched way better than any coach this far into the job could ever be expected to be. Between that and how quickly we grabbed him, and the rumors about Adidas setting this up, I think this plan may have been in the works for a lot longer than we will ever know.

Intramural All-American
03-24-2015, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I noticed that he already seemed to have us researched way better than any coach this far into the job could ever be expected to be. Between that and how quickly we grabbed him, and the rumors about Adidas setting this up, I think this plan may have been in the works for a lot longer than we will ever know.

This is obviously his dream job**

shannondawg
03-24-2015, 07:22 PM
I don't know about that, but its definitely our dream hire.

Intramural All-American
03-24-2015, 07:52 PM
Truth

smootness
03-24-2015, 08:27 PM
Buy/Sell:

I'm not sure how much he had to learn. Obviously the culture and stuff, I'm sure he, Keenum, and Stricklin discussed...but this guy eats, sleeps, and drinks basketball. He obviously knew about our Final 4 under Williams and probably a good bit about Stans' tenure before we even reached out to him.

He's a smart guy, no doubt. And he LOVES basketball. Talking about Hornsby and how he should have shot-faked against Kentucky...I mean, dang. That's impressive.

DancingRabbit
03-24-2015, 09:03 PM
Great... cant watch the damn video, and not available from our own website.

I don't have WatchESPN but found these links - first one is part of his press conference, second one is his interview with Finebaum. ETA, apparently they won't embed.

http://www.secsports.com/video/12552243/howland-speaks-future-team-miss-st

http://www.secsports.com/video/12553050/ben-howland-talks-paul-finebaum

Dawg61
03-24-2015, 11:05 PM
I'm not sure how much he had to learn. Obviously the culture and stuff, I'm sure he, Keenum, and Stricklin discussed...but this guy eats, sleeps, and drinks basketball. He obviously knew about our Final 4 under Williams and probably a good bit about Stans' tenure before we even reached out to him.

He's a smart guy, no doubt. And he LOVES basketball. Talking about Hornsby and how he should have shot-faked against Kentucky...I mean, dang. That's impressive.

Howland is very impressive! Is this a dream? This guy has given me permanent wood!

BeardoMSU
03-24-2015, 11:15 PM
permanent wood!

Word. I've been marching around the house since Monday....

http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/tumblr_mt8djylAnB1r03uwto1_500.gif