PDA

View Full Version : Howland hire: Only concern, and a question...

CadaverDawg
03-24-2015, 11:47 AM
My only concern about the Howland hire is that Dan Mullen (ifyouonlyknew) has been extremely involved in the breaking of this news. Hopefully he isn't being distracted to the point that it hurts the football Dawgs.*

And now for the question...

Does anyone have a link to any player/recruit reactions to the hire? I am interested to hear what the players think and if any recruits have responded.

Kudos to Bo Bounds on the good interview this morning. Howland was impressive. I'm pumped.

smootness
03-24-2015, 11:48 AM
My only concern about the Howland hire is that Dan Mullen (ifyouonlyknew) has been extremely involved in the breaking of this news. Hopefully he isn't being distracted to the point that it hurts the football Dawgs.*

Does anyone have a link to any player/recruit reactions to the hire? I am interested to hear what the players think and if any recruits have responded.

Kudos to Bo Bounds on the good interview this morning. Howland was impressive. I'm pumped.

Gene said he will have reaction from them once they speak with Howland.

msstate7
03-24-2015, 11:51 AM
If I had to guess, more than a few are very nervous regarding whether they'll be asked to look around or not. Guys like ware, Houston, and sword are probably very happy.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-24-2015, 11:53 AM
Paul had reactions from Weatherspoon & Simonds both seem to be excited about it. Esp Weatherspoon who said he felt better about his future & situation knowing how many players Howland has put into the league & thinks Howland can help him get there. Simonds of course knows McCray really well & very comfortable with him. Actually Simonds was working out with McCray Sunday. I don't anticipate any issues with Weatherspoon & sound like this was about the best we could hope for with Simonds.

preachermatt83
03-24-2015, 11:53 AM

Good Grief that is funny.. So glad your back Cadaver.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-24-2015, 11:55 AM
If I had to guess, more than a few are very nervous regarding whether they'll be asked to look around or not. Guys like ware, Houston, and sword are probably very happy.

Of course anything could happen & this is strictly my opinion but I don't think anybody on the current roster will leave or be asked to leave. I think our commit/signee list now will look different when the smoke clears. Again that's just my opinion I'm known to be wrong.

RossDawg82
03-24-2015, 01:47 PM
I know for fact that Charles Rhodes is heading to Starkville tomorrow to meet with Howland. He said he was lightly recruited by Howland and has nothing but respect for him as a coach and person. I asked what he thought would be the outcome in year 1, and he said point blank "if we can land Newman, we will be dancing and not as a 14 seed either. He said that with Howlands X and O knowledge, and the a good staff with a little more talent, there should be no reason we don't make a huge jump in year 1. He said year 2 will be between us, and Kentucky for the SEC. He seemed very excited about our future and just lit up smiling when asked about it.

RBritt
03-24-2015, 03:41 PM
First call would be to Russell Westbrook then I'd call Malik up on a 3 way. And let him here how he developed him.

smootness
03-24-2015, 03:53 PM
First call would be to Russell Westbrook then I'd call Malik up on a 3 way. And let him here how he developed him.

Yup. I do wonder what kind of relationship Howland has with guys like that, but that would be amazing if he's willing to help. I would think that would pretty much seal the deal.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Yup. I do wonder what kind of relationship Howland has with guys like that, but that would be amazing if he's willing to help. I would think that would pretty much seal the deal.

He said Westbrook, Kevin Love, Darren Collison, & other former players text him yday congrats when he got the job. So they still keep in touch.

smootness
03-24-2015, 03:58 PM
He said Westbrook, Kevin Love, Darren Collison, & other former players text him yday congrats when he got the job. So they still keep in touch.

Yeah, I know. Just wonder how often they speak and if a guy like Westbrook has a good enough relationship to be willing to help him recruit to State.

smootness
03-24-2015, 03:59 PM
BTW, I think there's a 247 article with Webster's reaction to the hire, and someone said Simonds has commented on it, too. Anybody have info on those?

Political Hack
03-24-2015, 04:01 PM
about damn time you show back up...