PDA

View Full Version : Coastdog

Dallas_Dawg
03-23-2015, 09:43 PM
Did you happen to call Finebaum today? There was this guy from Gulfport, and he sounded like I think you would.

coastdoglover
03-23-2015, 10:59 PM
That was me. Was amazed I only had to wait 20 minutes. Usually takes an hour or more unless you are lunatics Jim from Tuscaloosa , Tammy, or one of his regulars

Did you happen to call Finebaum today? There was this guy from Gulfport, and he sounded like I think you would.

dawgoneyall
03-23-2015, 11:03 PM
What did you say

Dallas_Dawg
03-23-2015, 11:09 PM
He said he is excited about the Homerun hire. Also said he was mad when Stans was let go. Pretty much what he says on here.
I'm interested to see how long it is before CoastDog and C34 disagree again, lol

coastdoglover
03-24-2015, 09:01 AM
He said he is excited about the Homerun hire. Also said he was mad when Stans was let go. Pretty much what he says on here.
I'm interested to see how long it is before CoastDog and C34 disagree again, lol

I basically said we made a great hire but I also said it was unbelievable we would let the winningest coach in MSU history go without having a better replacement in place. I commended Scott for having the guts to admit he made a bad hire and learning from that mistake. As far as coach and I, the only thing we ever disagreed about has been basketball but now I know why, his allegiance to Richard Williams tainted his views and sone of the crap he posted was just that. I hope all MSU fans can be unified under coach Howland and we can move forward.

maroonmania
03-24-2015, 09:06 AM
I basically said we made a great hire but I also said it was unbelievable we would let the winningest coach in MSU history go without having a better replacement in place. I commended Scott for having the guts to admit he made a bad hire and learning from that mistake. As far as coach and I, the only thing we ever disagreed about has been basketball but now I know why, his allegiance to Richard Williams tainted his views and sone of the crap he posted was just that. I hope all MSU fans can be unified under coach Howland and we can move forward.

Agree, its time to put all the Williams, Stansbury and Ray bickering in the past and unite behind the new sherriff in town who is a proven winner!

shannondawg
03-24-2015, 09:10 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that Coach's allegiance to Richard Williams motivates his obsession to Stansbury. When right out of the box, he names Richard as his choice to succeed Ray, nailed it for me.

MadDawg
03-24-2015, 09:10 AM
Agree, its time to put all the Williams, Stansbury and Ray bickering in the past and unite behind the new sherriff in town who is a proven winner!

I totally agree. I think a showing of good faith would be a permanent banhammer for the first poster to use the term "Stands".

(starting now. haha)

Coach34
03-24-2015, 09:14 AM
Stands stays forever- anybody that ever watched his offense knows how perfect it is

maroonmania
03-24-2015, 09:40 AM
Stands stays forever- anybody that ever watched his offense knows how perfect it is

All I know is that after watching Ray's "motion offense" the past 3 years I was really starting to miss the "Stands offense".

fishwater99
03-24-2015, 09:43 AM
Did you really want Richard Williams back as our coach??

Please tell me it was a joke, You couldn't have been serious...

MadDawg
03-24-2015, 10:34 AM

Then "if he were to pistol whip an Engineering student, rob Barnes & Noble, and then go take a piss in Keenum's office- they may talk about making a change. Anything short of that- Ray is returning" should be the new "Buckles will be a Bulldog!"

Goat from MSU
03-24-2015, 10:48 AM
Got a Question for 34 ,Which Engineering student did he beat up, Was it books or money he got from B&N and How many oz. did he piss in Keenum's office. One last question how does your head in the ass friend who works on campus feels about the new hire.
Then "if he were to pistol whip an Engineering student, rob Barnes & Noble, and then go take a piss in Keenum's office- they may talk about making a change. Anything short of that- Ray is returning" should be the new "Buckles will be a Bulldog!"

TimberBeast
03-24-2015, 11:02 AM
Got a Question for 34 ,Which Engineering student did he beat up, Was it books or money he got from B&N and How many oz. did he piss in Keenum's office. One last question how does your head in the ass friend who works on campus feels about the new hire.

What new hire? Ray is getting another year, count on it.

whatever
03-24-2015, 12:26 PM
You guys are forgetting C34's 1st post on Howland.... "Howland is a pipedream," until of course Shannondawg broke it... immediately after that Coach says "just got a text that Howland has an offer."

Coach is like Zoe Barnes was to Frank Underwood, if he has a source, the source knows that Coach is going to go tell the whole world everything he hears, so why would a source tell Coach something they didn't want the world to know?

Coach34
03-24-2015, 12:32 PM
I Said I heard Howland was in play Saturday nite- Shannon brought the news Sunday morning. Thanks for playing

Coach34
03-24-2015, 12:33 PM
I also said it was going to take Keenum stepping in for Ray to be fired- and that's exactly what happened by the way

Coach34
03-24-2015, 12:37 PM
And lastly- I pass along things I hear. Most times its correct- but not always. If you don't like it- feel free to stay on another site.

War Machine Dawg
03-24-2015, 12:39 PM
I Said I heard Howland was in play Saturday nite- Shannon brought the news Sunday morning. Thanks for playing

I also said it was going to take Keenum stepping in for Ray to be fired- and that's exactly what happened by the way

Not only do you live rent free in Oxford, you live rent free at the University of Stands.

basedog
03-24-2015, 12:45 PM

34, I can tell you this is not true.

Thick
03-24-2015, 12:54 PM
34, I can tell you this is not true.

And Basedog, I can tell you that your are absolutely wrong.

I seen it dawg
03-24-2015, 04:50 PM

Just as your views of stains has done the same possibly....?

coastdoglover
03-24-2015, 05:22 PM
Just as your views of stains has done the same possibly....?

Listen, I know you are coach34's closet buddy so you don't have to try and fool us by rubber stamping everything he says. Stansbury is gone, Williams is long gone, so why not move forward, I have.

smootness
03-24-2015, 05:28 PM
If we still have to have these stupid discussions, then we're doomed.

Ben Howland is our basketball coach, and he's way better than any of our last 3. Everyone likes the hire and is behind him, so we don't have to worry anymore about who is for or against the coach and why.

I seen it dawg
03-24-2015, 05:39 PM
Listen, I know you are coach34's closet buddy so you don't have to try and fool us by rubber stamping everything he says. Stansbury is gone, Williams is long gone, so why not move forward, I have.

I've moved forward, easy to do the last couple of days. And I'm not trying to fool anybody, I'm being direct questioning you. You take a shot at someone because of an "allegiance" but it's time to move on when you are questioned for the same? Moving on takes you to do the same little lady. Firing Ray doesn't validate your voicing of your ass buddy stains being wrongly fired. Just means we now have someone much better to rectify hiring a less than stellar replacement for stains.

I seen it dawg
03-24-2015, 05:39 PM
If we still have to have these stupid discussions, then we're doomed.

Ben Howland is our basketball coach, and he's way better than any of our last 3. Everyone likes the hire and is behind him, so we don't have to worry anymore about who is for or against the coach and why.

I totally agree.

I seen it dawg
03-24-2015, 05:41 PM
I totally agree.

And I've been bulldog thru it all. A lot of voices can't say the same which are the ones that don't get any slack. Nor should they receive any.

coastdoglover
03-24-2015, 08:40 PM
And true MSU supporters don't degrade MSU coaches by calling the Stains, Stands, or anything similar.
Grow up!

And I've been bulldog thru it all. A lot of voices can't say the same which are the ones that don't get any slack. Nor should they receive any.

tcdog70
03-24-2015, 09:13 PM
And true MSU supporters don't degrade MSU coaches by calling the Stains, Stands, or anything similar.
Grow up!

this -- thanks^^^^^€

Homedawg
03-24-2015, 09:17 PM
We have a new coach. Either support him or shut the hell up and find a new school.

I seen it dawg
03-24-2015, 09:18 PM
Grow up!

Good job diverting and changing the subject. Typical. I'm moving on.

TimberBeast
03-24-2015, 10:27 PM
Grow up!

Exactly.

shannondawg
03-25-2015, 06:59 AM
"And true MSU supporters don't degrade MSU coaches by calling the Stains, Stands, or anything similar.
Grow up!"

That says it all CDL.

Goat from MSU
03-25-2015, 07:33 AM
Thank you
"And true MSU supporters don't degrade MSU coaches by calling the Stains, Stands, or anything similar.
Grow up!"

That says it all CDL.

Coach34
03-25-2015, 08:00 AM
Stands is not "degrading". Stains is

Stands is a play on his nickname AND what his offense was known for. It's funny. That's not degrading- just like calling Miles "the hat" or Saban "Sabear"....but anything that doesn't paint Standsbury as the John Wooden of Mississippi basketball and you University of Stands people get your panties in a wad.

mic
03-25-2015, 08:41 AM
My last comment on the Stands / Ray issue is this...

Yes I was not a fan of Stands. I was glad to see us move on from him. We did it a few years too late IMO and most others too.
I was not in favor of the Ray hire and VERY glad we moved on from him.
The Hire with CBH is a homerun, perfect game, hole in one Ect....

May biggest issue is thru the Satnds and Ray years I supported MSU basketball. Went to games, supported the players, Ect..
Just because a coach that I didn't think should be in charge of MSU basketball was or wasn't in place should matter.

Nothing harder , and CBH referenced this somewhat in his presser, than playing a home game In front of a packed or almost packed house. Kids feed off that energy... And most of our fans didn't show up because of who our coach has been for the past 3 years. You can all say it's because of the product on the floor and if u believe that and that makes u sleep at night so be it..

If this hire doesn't bring EVERYONE back and on the same page and support MSU basketball 100% nothing will. And if all the pro Stands and pro Ray supports don't support this team now with this coach we don't need you to support anything Bulldog related...

Thank you Ben Howland..!!!!!!!!!!!

MadDawg
03-25-2015, 08:47 AM
Grow up!

Absolutely agree.

TimberBeast
03-25-2015, 10:01 AM
And if all the pro Stands and pro Ray supports don't support this team now with this coach we don't need you to support anything Bulldog related...

Thank you Ben Howland..!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to be clear, there were never any actual Ray supporters. These were people that disliked Stansbury and had to pretend that they supported Ray just because they didn't want to admit they were wrong about Stansbury being fired. Ray was a joke. They all know that and have known it all along.

smootness
03-25-2015, 10:05 AM
Just shut this thread down. Good grief.

Goat from MSU
03-25-2015, 10:23 AM
Yes Please Thank you smoot.
Just shut this thread down. Good grief.

Really Clark?
03-25-2015, 10:31 AM
Just to be clear, there were never any actual Ray supporters. These were people that disliked Stansbury and had to pretend that they supported Ray just because they didn't want to admit they were wrong about Stansbury being fired. Ray was a joke. They all know that and have known it all along.

Just to be clear there were those who didn't agree with the Ray hire from the beginning and didn't think he would win but still supported him and the program. Too many people are still blinded by the love - hate of a particular coach and beating their chest about who was right and wrong instead of supporting the school and program regardless. Especially in the last three years. That's a child mentality of taking my ball and going home because I didn't get my way.

At this point, with this coach, it's time to learn from the past and move on to the future WE ALL want for this program and university. If you can't do that then you are not a part of the solution but are still a problem that's needs to be fixed. Let's be done with continuing trying to pour salt in wounds because each side thinks they are right.

Coach34
03-25-2015, 10:35 AM
What was wrong about firing Stands? He lost his job over his lack of control over the program. There is nothing wrong about that. Ray not being the right guy has nothing to do with that

Coach34
03-25-2015, 10:39 AM
This is the 4th hiring cycle for Stands- still no head job. Very telling

smootness
03-25-2015, 10:41 AM
STOP. Stooooooooooop. Stop stop stop.

We have Ben Howland now. Who cares about Stans?

coastdoglover
03-25-2015, 10:47 AM
What part of this post is too complicated for you to understand, Coach? You are damn near obsessed and are you capable of moving on? Ben Howland is our coach and I don't know one person who is unhappy about it. God forgive you, you and your prot?g?s got what you wanted and now everybody should have what they want. Give us a break and stfu about this.

Just to be clear there were those who didn't agree with the Ray hire from the beginning and didn't think he would win but still supported him and the program. Too many people are still blinded by the love - hate of a particular coach and beating their chest about who was right and wrong instead of supporting the school and program regardless. Especially in the last three years. That's a child mentality of taking my ball and going home because I didn't get my way.

At this point, with this coach, it's time to learn from the past and move on to the future WE ALL want for this program and university. If you can't do that then you are not a part of the solution but are still a problem that's needs to be fixed. Let's be done with continuing trying to pour salt in wounds because each side thinks they are right.

TXDawg
03-25-2015, 10:48 AM
Unfortunately, 34's hate for Stans will never cease. Within the first 5 games of Howland's career, 34 will be on here comparing him to Stans and telling us all how Stans can't carry Ben's jockstrap.

As a program and a fanbase, we all need to move past the Stans/Ray debate and support our new coach.

Really Clark?
03-25-2015, 10:51 AM
What part of this post is too complicated for you to understand, Coach? You are damn near obsessed and are you capable of moving on? Ben Howland is our coach and I don't know one person who is unhappy about it. God forgive you, you and your prot?g?s got what you wanted and now everybody should have what they want. Give us a break and stfu about this.

I think you quoted the wrong post

smootness
03-25-2015, 10:55 AM
Stop

smootness
03-25-2015, 10:55 AM
Stop it

smootness
03-25-2015, 10:56 AM
Please stop

smootness
03-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Please?

smootness
03-25-2015, 10:57 AM
K thx

Coach34
03-25-2015, 10:59 AM
I don't have a hatred for Stands...I have an unquenchable urge to point out his flaws to the University of Stands crew who refuse to accept that he is anything less than John Wooden Jr

TimberBeast
03-25-2015, 11:04 AM
I don't have a hatred for Stands...

Even in your mentally ill mind you can't possibly believe that anyone would believe that.

BiscuitEater
03-25-2015, 11:07 AM

'After' your 6:14 PM post .. the one 'bout Howland being a 'pipe dream'[/B]

02-27-2015, 10:11
Coach34

Update on Ray's future at State

Heard earlier that if we he were to pistol whip an Engineering student, rob Barnes &Noble, and then go take a piss in Keenum's office- they may talk about making a change.

Anything short of that- Ray is returning

-----

02-28-2015, 05:51 PM
by Coach34

I think [B]we gonna have Ray at least 2 more years- I think next year's team makes the NIT and Ray gets a 5th year

03-05-2015, 10:22 AM
by Coach34

Ray is going to get 4 years

03-17-2015, 03:29 PM
by Coach34

Ray is returning outside of something extreme happening in the next week

03-21-2015, 12:06 PM
by Coach34

Well, the coach we hire isn't going to have 5 NCAA Tourney appearances as a HC - I can promise you that

03-21-2015, 06:14 PM
by Coach34

Things I've been told today

Just passing things along- take it for what it's worth:

1. Keenum made the call- from 3 different people
2. Want a coach named within 2 weeks
3. Howland is a pipe dream
4. Mike White is in play...

MadDawg
03-25-2015, 11:20 AM
I don't have a hatred for Stands...I have an unquenchable urge to point out his flaws to the University of Stands crew who refuse to accept that he is anything less than John Wooden Jr

That has to be the most glaringly idiotic thing I've ever read on this - or any - message board. Not a single person in the history of Mississippi State basketball has ever even remotely come close to calling Stansbury anything close to Wooden. Not even remotely close.

BiscuitEater
03-25-2015, 11:23 AM

purposely avoided 'posting' anything about our former BB coaches, but this statement 'says it all.'

#1 reason .. YOU insist on editing my posts and

#2 YOU can not just let it go.

Stans is no longer our coach; Ray is gone. If you can't let it go, you are either psychotic or 'trolling' for more hits; or both.

Coach34
03-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Attn Biscuit:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?29859-Things-I-ve-been-told-today&highlight=Things+I%27ve+told+today

From the same post you listed Socrates at 7:28pm- 7th post in the thread

I seen it dawg
03-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Grow up!"

That says it all CDL.

No it doesn't. I didn't like stains. Thought he was a shitty coach. That doesn't mean I wasn't supportive of our PROGRAM. It's possible to dislike the coach yet still support the program. Some of you are incapable and it makes you shitty fans.

I seen it dawg
03-25-2015, 11:32 AM

Same type of people stopped supporting the program because of hiring Ray. Shitbags.

It's about the program not the coach. It's the coaches job to make the program better hence building the legacy so it becomes a positive for the program.

BiscuitEater
03-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Attn Biscuit: From the same post you listed Socrates at 7:28pm- 7th post in the thread

Ah ha .. must of skipped over that one to the next one where you said ..

jacobsen is my guess

Will go back and add it to my "Coach34" said .. List.

Coach34
03-25-2015, 12:10 PM
Good deal- thx

MadDawg
03-25-2015, 01:44 PM
It's possible to dislike the coach yet still support the program.

Yes it is. It's also possible to dislike the coach without resorting to sophomoric name calling. That's what shithead fans do.

Political Hack
03-25-2015, 01:55 PM
'After' your 6:14 PM post .. the one 'bout Howland being a 'pipe dream'

02-27-2015, 10:11
Coach34

-----

02-28-2015, 05:51 PM
by Coach34

03-05-2015, 10:22 AM
by Coach34

03-17-2015, 03:29 PM
by Coach34

03-21-2015, 12:06 PM
by Coach34

03-21-2015, 06:14 PM
by Coach34

can you go find my post from 2-3 weeks ago when I said that Ray could very well still get canned this year? That would be great. Thanks.

sandwolf
03-25-2015, 02:28 PM
No it doesn't. I didn't like stains. Thought he was a shitty coach. That doesn't mean I wasn't supportive of our PROGRAM. It's possible to dislike the coach yet still support the program. Some of you are incapable and it makes you shitty fans.

Yes, you can dislike a coach and still be supportive of the program. But when 3 years after the fact, you are still disparaging the program's all time winningest coach and calling him these gay ass nicknames that you would hear in the hallways of a middle school, that absolutely reeks of some kind of a personal vendetta and it is completely unproductive.

sandwolf
03-25-2015, 02:32 PM

I don't know who in the hell you think you are, but this is clearly the mindset of a mature, level headed adult and it has absolutely no place on this board.***

Seriously, nicely done. Good post.

Goat from MSU
03-25-2015, 02:46 PM
Do not feel bad Hack ,I said the same thing last week and was told no way in hell it would happen . So well......
can you go find my post from 2-3 weeks ago when I said that Ray could very well still get canned this year? That would be great. Thanks.

I seen it dawg
03-25-2015, 06:19 PM
Yes, you can dislike a coach and still be supportive of the program. But when 3 years after the fact, you are still disparaging the program's all time winningest coach and calling him these gay ass nicknames that you would hear in the hallways of a middle school, that absolutely reeks of some kind of a personal vendetta and it is completely unproductive.

Who gives a shit what I call a damn coach. ****ing get over it. The whole point it infuriates your crew validates the fact yall are so assbent still he was fired. It's only unproductive when asshats like you, coastshit, timberbitch, et al. say "now can we put it behind us and say ray was a disaster and leave stains out of it?" Nobody would even bring it up because most of us are so pumped stains and ray were both traded for Howland we've forgotten about them already because of it being such a great monumental time in our PROGRAM.

And I only do it to show how ****ing stupid yall are by getting so damn mad about it. I didn't like stains. So what. Yall got assbent because he rightfully got shitcanned and so you guys took your bat and ball, went home, and said **** state and the program. So for that you can all go **** yourselves. Stains, stains stains stains stains stains stains muther****ing stains!!!

shannondawg
03-25-2015, 06:40 PM
Why don't you just go on and tell us how you really feel.

I seen it dawg
03-25-2015, 06:53 PM
Why don't you just go on and tell us how you really feel.

It's usually pretty clear...

TimberBeast
03-25-2015, 07:46 PM
Who gives a shit what I call a damn coach. ****ing get over it. The whole point it infuriates your crew validates the fact yall are so assbent still he was fired. It's only unproductive when asshats like you, coastshit, timberbitch, et al. say "now can we put it behind us and say ray was a disaster and leave stains out of it?" Nobody would even bring it up because most of us are so pumped stains and ray were both traded for Howland we've forgotten about them already because of it being such a great monumental time in our PROGRAM.

And I only do it to show how ****ing stupid yall are by getting so damn mad about it. I didn't like stains. So what. Yall got assbent because he rightfully got shitcanned and so you guys took your bat and ball, went home, and said **** state and the program. So for that you can all go **** yourselves. Stains, stains stains stains stains stains stains muther****ing stains!!!

State fans that have respect for Stansbury as a coach and human being and respect what he did for our school's basketball program have a problem with meaningless people like you disrespecting the man for no other reason than the fact that you are just a jackass, like c34. It shows what a terrible fan and awful representative of our school people like you are. If you think what you are doing is supporting MSU then you are even more retarded than I thought.

Coach34
03-25-2015, 08:16 PM
State fans that have respect for Stansbury as a coach and human being and respect what he did for our school's basketball program have a problem with meaningless people like you disrespecting the man for no other reason than the fact that you are just a jackass, like c34. It shows what a terrible fan and awful representative of our school people like you are. If you think what you are doing is supporting MSU then you are even more retarded than I thought.

here is where you get caught in your own Bullshit:

None of you ever take up for Croom when he is called "Crooms"...or Jackie whe he is called "The Kang"...or Williams when people talk about him banging a Pom-Pom girl. But the Universiry of Stands crew locks and loads when you say the slightest thing about The Recruiter.

Its in my DNA to push people's crazy button- and it's easy with the University of Stands guys. Hell, you guys are the reason there is a C34 and an Elitedawgs today. I never could have done it without you.

coastdoglover
03-25-2015, 08:33 PM

None of you ever take up for Croom when he is called "Crooms"...or Jackie whe he is called "The Kang"...or Williams when people talk about him banging a Pom-Pom girl. But the Universiry of Stands crew locks and loads when you say the slightest thing about The Recruiter.

Its in my DNA to push people's crazy button- and it's easy with the University of Stands guys. Hell, you guys are the reason there is a C34 and an Elitedawgs today. I never could have done it without you.

And you and your clone I seen it are 2 sick psychotic individuals who show your delusional thinking every time you are exposed. The only crazy people are you. Calling rational people who are wanting MSU folks to unify Juvenile adjectives and names just makes you even look worse than any thing you ever posted. I really am not sure you aren't the same person but that would make to much sense. And the real reason there is an elitedawgs today is no other boards want to listen to your constant obsessions and bull.

TimberBeast
03-25-2015, 10:11 PM

How would you know any of that? I don't personally have any respect for croom so I am not going to "take up for him". I never knew why people called Jackie Kang, I thought it was somewhat complementary. Williams did what he did, I've never said anything good or bad about it. I would absolutely take up for Jackie and Williams, however there aren't 15 threads a day on the board about it because there aren't any psychopaths out there talking about them incessantly because they are obsessed with them. You don't like Stansbury and disrespect him over and over and have done so for years. You have an issue in your brain with Stansbury, probably jealous of his coaching success while you wallow around in sales. Whatever it is, it's petty and childish and kind of absurd considering what he did for our basketball program over a lengthy period. You and others like you (i seen it dawg in particular) are simply shitty fans of our school. You have no real appreciation of the school or the athletics programs and you bring no value to the table.

Dawgface
03-25-2015, 10:27 PM
Grow up!"

That says it all CDL.

Yes it does. But the same old knuckleheads will continue doing it.

sandwolf
03-25-2015, 11:09 PM

My crew? I am in the crew that felt like it was time for Stans to go and that really wanted Ray to be successful. I am also in the crew that is glad that Stans is no longer here, while also being grateful for all that he did for us. I just think it is unproductive to have assholes like you that claim to be all about MSU taking every opportunity to disrespect the program's all time winningest coach by calling him 'stains' (which is unbelievably gay and nowhere close to clever).

tcdog70
03-26-2015, 12:01 PM
I was a Croom and Ray hater the whole time they Coached. But I never called them stupid childish names. I hated their Coaching skills not them personally. I can understand you hating Stansbury's Coaching but to call Him some stupid-ass name over and over again only points out that you have mental problems or you are an asshole or Both.

Goat from MSU
03-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Plus 1
I was a Croom and Ray hater the whole time they Coached. But I never called them stupid childish names. I hated their Coaching skills not them personally. I can understand you hating Stansbury's Coaching but to call Him some stupid-ass name over and over again only points out that you have mental problems or you are an asshole or Both.

MadDawg
03-26-2015, 12:27 PM

So you get your jollies from pissing off other MSU fans. Gee, what a great fan you are. You might as well be a bearshark fan.

Coach34
03-26-2015, 05:09 PM

You can definitely lump myself and I Seen It in the asshole category. I'm sorry- but the Stands nickname is ****ing hilarious. It's the most appropriate nickname I've seen since Wisner was called Ogre

smootness
03-26-2015, 05:10 PM
You can definitely lump myself and I Seen It in the asshole category. I'm sorry- but the Stands nickname is ****ing hilarious. It's the most appropriate nickname I've seen since Wisner was called Ogre

I don't really care if you use it or not, but it's not nearly as clever as you think it is.

Dawgface
03-26-2015, 05:58 PM
I don't really care if you use it or not, but it's not nearly as clever as you think it is.

Only a'holes would think it is clever.

mic
03-26-2015, 06:12 PM
So when C34 calls Joe Morrow "Stonehands" or if he called IJ Ready "IJ Glass" (which a lot on here do)it's no big deal and hilarious to some.. But if C34 drops the words Stands or Stains its basically equivalent to him calling ur mother a whore..

C34 is the puppet master to the Stansbury followers..

Coach34
03-26-2015, 06:27 PM
University of Stands- it's a ****ing cult

shannondawg
03-26-2015, 06:54 PM
Its just gotten down right hilarious , but I love to read the comments. Keep it up Coach , cause this board would wither and go away without you.

DancingRabbit
03-26-2015, 06:57 PM
C'mon guys, pass the peace pipe and get behind Howland.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff108/derhntr/PeacePipe2_zps165ff53b.jpg~original

Todd4State
03-26-2015, 07:51 PM
My take from the baseball field:

Richard Williams was the first MSU coach I remember. He was a MSU guy and it was pretty remarkable to go from math teacher to coaching your alma mater to the Final Four. I always liked him and I thought he was a good coach- and a perfect fit for our program at the time. I was pretty disappointed when he was fired to be honest with you- and then there were rumors that Stansbury back stabbed him to get the job. No idea how true that is and just a RUMOR for any Stansbury supporters- I'm NOT getting into a pissing match over that.

Rick Stansbury to me regardless to me of how he actually got the job seemed like a typical lazy LT hire at the very least. Just promote someone from within and move along. Personally, I didn't like the hire at first. But then he won me over when he started to win and I saw progress as early as the late 90's. 2004 was fun as hell- and gave me something to look forward to and I am an extremely casual basketball fan. He sustained the success pretty well, so I was OK with that. I thought he would eventually break through and get to the Sweet 16- but I was wrong. May or may not have been an anomaly as much as anything. It is what it is- overall he was successful. Personally I thought he should have been fired after whatever season it was that we lost to Tennessee on Jarvis Varnado's senior year. Simply because he looked completely clueless and didn't have us ready for a game that we should have been up for. Then the Elgin Baily/Renardo fight over a chee-to or whatever the hell they were fighting over was the last straw for me. It was obvious he had lost control of the program when Scott had to step in and suspend those players. Scott is apparently nicer than I am because I would have fired Stansbury Lane Kiffen style when they got back from Hawaii.

And then we had Rick Ray. That whole thing was a disaster. You had people that supported Stansbury that weren't going to help the guy. Then you had people that just wanted MSU to win. I felt like Ray never really had a chance because he wasn't a world class coach to start with but then he didn't have a lot of support either. I just felt bad for the guy. That said, I don't think he was a great coach either and certainly may not have been successful anyway even with Kentucky level support. I think he knows basketball and can talk it. But I don't think he can coach it. The few times I saw us play it was like our guys didn't know the plays. People throwing the ball to no one, wilting at the end of the game, just looking disorganized in general, inexplicably taking Ready out of the game. I did feel like we should make a change if only because of the last sentence- because those are coaching issues. I thought he was very classy with how he handled leaving and he probably knows if nothing else he will be a top assistant somewhere and he elevated his resume being here. So, I wish him well.

And NOW we have Ben Howland. I honestly do not think we could have done any better and I think if we get certain recruits we will be dancing. We're about to be pretty good- probably better than ever.

coastdoglover
03-26-2015, 09:18 PM
Your last sentence was all that was needed but if you guys want to keep reliving the past so be it. Howland is all that matters now but some of you are lost without drama. I am sure if John Cohen has a bad year you can start the same shit up again. How about let's get along if possible.

My take from the baseball field:

Richard Williams was the first MSU coach I remember. He was a MSU guy and it was pretty remarkable to go from math teacher to coaching your alma mater to the Final Four. I always liked him and I thought he was a good coach- and a perfect fit for our program at the time. I was pretty disappointed when he was fired to be honest with you- and then there were rumors that Stansbury back stabbed him to get the job. No idea how true that is and just a RUMOR for any Stansbury supporters- I'm NOT getting into a pissing match over that.

Rick Stansbury to me regardless to me of how he actually got the job seemed like a typical lazy LT hire at the very least. Just promote someone from within and move along. Personally, I didn't like the hire at first. But then he won me over when he started to win and I saw progress as early as the late 90's. 2004 was fun as hell- and gave me something to look forward to and I am an extremely casual basketball fan. He sustained the success pretty well, so I was OK with that. I thought he would eventually break through and get to the Sweet 16- but I was wrong. May or may not have been an anomaly as much as anything. It is what it is- overall he was successful. Personally I thought he should have been fired after whatever season it was that we lost to Tennessee on Jarvis Varnado's senior year. Simply because he looked completely clueless and didn't have us ready for a game that we should have been up for. Then the Elgin Baily/Renardo fight over a chee-to or whatever the hell they were fighting over was the last straw for me. It was obvious he had lost control of the program when Scott had to step in and suspend those players. Scott is apparently nicer than I am because I would have fired Stansbury Lane Kiffen style when they got back from Hawaii.

And then we had Rick Ray. That whole thing was a disaster. You had people that supported Stansbury that weren't going to help the guy. Then you had people that just wanted MSU to win. I felt like Ray never really had a chance because he wasn't a world class coach to start with but then he didn't have a lot of support either. I just felt bad for the guy. That said, I don't think he was a great coach either and certainly may not have been successful anyway even with Kentucky level support. I think he knows basketball and can talk it. But I don't think he can coach it. The few times I saw us play it was like our guys didn't know the plays. People throwing the ball to no one, wilting at the end of the game, just looking disorganized in general, inexplicably taking Ready out of the game. I did feel like we should make a change if only because of the last sentence- because those are coaching issues. I thought he was very classy with how he handled leaving and he probably knows if nothing else he will be a top assistant somewhere and he elevated his resume being here. So, I wish him well.

And NOW we have Ben Howland. I honestly do not think we could have done any better and I think if we get certain recruits we will be dancing. We're about to be pretty good- probably better than ever.

I seen it dawg
03-27-2015, 01:26 AM
Why is anyone still talking about it?

MabenMaroon
03-27-2015, 05:47 AM
Thanks guys! That was a hilarious read, very entertaining.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
03-27-2015, 07:00 AM
If the point of all this is to call out the actions of shitty fans - throwing around a nickname on a message board and withdrawing support for our basketball program are worlds apart.

I have no respect for the "fans" who turned their back on the program, never will. I've seen the Hump at it's best, and at it's worst, and when the Hump returns to its former glory, I will be the happiest fan in the building because I never left. I'm beyond ready to get past this division and unite as a fan base, but I will always lack a degree of respect for "fans" who "didn't care" about MSU basketball 2 weeks ago b/c of who the coach was/wasn't. I have no problem w/ fans who watch and bitch about the product b/c they obviously care about MSU basketball, and I haven't been anything close to satisfied either.

Call the coach anything you want, it doesn't affect anything but the feelings of sensitive people on the internet, but attend/watch/listen to the games and support the program no matter who's coaching.

shannondawg
03-27-2015, 07:13 AM
LT didn't hire Stansbury, Mack did. LT always resented him for it.

Coach34
03-27-2015, 07:40 AM
LT didn't hire Stansbury, Mack did. LT always resented him for it.

LT's greatness as an AD is measured on his hire's of Polk II and Sylvester Croom...for this- he gets a building with his name on it

tcdog70
03-27-2015, 10:31 AM
LT's greatness as an AD is measured on his hire's of Polk II and Sylvester Croom...for this- he gets a building with his name on it

finally, we agree-