PDA

View Full Version : An adendment to my first post from Saturday..

Reunion Dog
03-23-2015, 05:56 PM
My first post was Plan B which was in effect until changing or minds by a couple of people... mainly out west..

1. We have a President with steel balls. ss had NO say in the process. just did what he was told. We have a President that knows how to play the game and enjoys it. All the DC political background is continuing to be a MAJOR plus for our University...

2. Malik Newman is a Bulldog and done deal. Otherwise, RR would still be here. That was the most pressing issue. If RR is still coaching... we don't get Malik..

3. We are back in the game with AAU..

4. LSU is the biggest loser. Had a hell of a shot at Malik

5. May have a current high school coach come in as an assitant for recruiting purposes.. will be major coup for Metro Jackson recruiting...

6. Can't say this enough. WE HAVE A PRESIDENT THAT ISN'T GOING TO BACK DOWN AND SETTLE FOR SECOND PLACE.. Keenum understands how the process of Major Donors works. MS STATE has a chance for seperation right now with all the Dan Jones-- IHL stuff going on. Bryant is an idiot.. and the old guard political system in this state is doing what they want regarding their alma mater.. Lott & Haley are happy. Lott wants the Chancellor job...

Coach34
03-23-2015, 06:01 PM
I was sold on Keenum after the 2012 Egg Bowl when I heard what he said to Mullen. Love the guy.

BeardoMSU
03-23-2015, 06:03 PM
My first post was Plan B which was in effect until changing or minds by a couple of people... mainly out west..

1. We have a President with steel balls. ss had NO say in the process. just did what he was told. We have a President that knows how to play the game and enjoys it. All the DC political background is continuing to be a MAJOR plus for our University...

2. Malik Newman is a Bulldog and done deal. Otherwise, RR would still be here. That was the most pressing issue. If RR is still coaching... we don't get Malik..

4. LSU is the biggest loser. Had a hell of a shot at Malik

5. May have a current high school coach come in as an assitant for recruiting purposes.. will be major coup for Metro Jackson recruiting...

6. Can't say this enough. WE HAVE A PRESIDENT THAT ISN'T GOING TO BACK DOWN AND SETTLE FOR SECOND PLACE.. Keenum understands how the process of Major Donors works. MS STATE has a chance for seperation right now with all the Dan Jones-- IHL stuff going on. Bryant is an idiot.. and the old guard political system in this state is doing what they want regarding their alma mater.. Lott & Haley are happy. Lott wants the Chancellor job...

Glad to see you've worked on your sentence structure and use of punctuation. Much easier to understand this time 'round***

Oh, and I agree with your sentiments. I hope you're right on #2.

Dallas_Dawg
03-23-2015, 06:04 PM
I was sold on Keenum after the 2012 Egg Bowl when I heard what he said to Mullen. Love the guy.

Let's hear it.

bluelightstar
03-23-2015, 06:33 PM

I don't think enough people how understand how great Keenum is. He is ridiculously well-connected (even for a university president), and he is all about EVERY aspect of the university being outstanding. The commitment to athletics is obvious, but people don't understand how we've grown in terms of academics, scholarships, and research under his watch. He makes sure everything on campus is getting the resources/attention necessary to thrive. Best president we could've gotten.

Coach34
03-23-2015, 06:55 PM
Let's hear it.

Summarized:

"that kind of shit in Oxford will get your ass run out of here quicker than anything."

Im sure there was another meeting after this year- just haven't heard anything yet

thf24
03-23-2015, 07:14 PM

Can someone in the know shed some light on what this actually means? I know for a fact we didn't refrain from recruiting AAU players. Any kid with a future at any higher level of basketball plays AAU, with very, very few exceptions. I know of a few kids from my tiny high school who play/played at NAIA schools, and they all played AAU. There's simply no way none of the players we recruited over the past three years didn't play AAU. I find it more plausible that it means we didn't "deal" with the AAU in the sense that any halfway relevant program does, but even then, it seems unlikely that we'd get a single D1-caliber athlete (not even basketball player - athlete) if we weren't playing the game at least a little.

Moot point now, of course... just been curious whenever I've heard that thrown around the past three years.

Dallas_Dawg
03-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Summarized:

"that kind of shit in Oxford will get your ass run out of here quicker than anything."

Im sure there was another meeting after this year- just haven't heard anything yet

That's what we need a President to do. Failure is not an option.
And to add, Keenum is hugely connected politically. Wasn't he part of Dubya's cabinet or something?

Political Hack
03-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Keenum did force Strick, assuming what I was told is accurate. however, Keenum did it after he was approach by a few big boys that are backing the funding of the baseball stadium. They threatened to pull out unless something was done.

So... thank you Keenum, but more importantly, thank you to the money men who are starting to demand excellence.

Jack Lambert
03-24-2015, 03:10 PM
Can someone in the know shed some light on what this actually means? I know for a fact we didn't refrain from recruiting AAU players. Any kid with a future at any higher level of basketball plays AAU, with very, very few exceptions. I know of a few kids from my tiny high school who play/played at NAIA schools, and they all played AAU. There's simply no way none of the players we recruited over the past three years didn't play AAU. I find it more plausible that it means we didn't "deal" with the AAU in the sense that any halfway relevant program does, but even then, it seems unlikely that we'd get a single D1-caliber athlete (not even basketball player - athlete) if we weren't playing the game at least a little.

Moot point now, of course... just been curious whenever I've heard that thrown around the past three years.

I think it's because we are a Addidas school, the new coach is in with Addidas and Addidas run AAU. AAU has some what of a pull with recruits.