PDA

View Full Version : Don't underestimate the role Addidas is playing in this now

Coach34
03-23-2015, 05:56 PM
A lot of these top recruits gets affiliated with shoe companies early thru AAU. Howland is an Addidas guy. The way Nike helps Kentucky- Addidas can help us too. Obviously not the way Nike helps Kentucky- but it certainly can help on a smaller level. It's definitely an added benefit with Howland's connections.

BeardoMSU
03-23-2015, 06:05 PM
Do you expect this regime to recruit on the national level, or stick mostly to the southeast?

Coach34
03-23-2015, 06:23 PM
Addidas say national

Drugdog
03-23-2015, 07:14 PM
Adidas.

bulldogcountry1
03-23-2015, 07:35 PM
Someone please explain to me how these Adidas ties are going to help? I get that kids like free gear, but we already are an Adidas school. I'm sure the players already get plenty of free stuff that makes swishing noises when they walk, so what's the big deal? How is Adidas going to help us more now?

codeDawg
03-23-2015, 07:43 PM
Someone please explain to me how these Adidas ties are going to help? I get that kids like free gear, but we already are an Adidas school. I'm sure the players already get plenty of free stuff that makes swishing noises when they walk, so what's the big deal? How is Adidas going to help us more now?

Shoe companies run AAU basketball.

RiverCityDawg
03-23-2015, 07:49 PM

Adidas, Nike, underarmour, etc sponsor AAU teams and their coaches. Those companies "encourage" those AAU coaches to send their players to schools tied to the same logo. So in theory we should have an advantage with players who's AAU jerseys/shoes have the three stripes.

cheat2win
03-23-2015, 08:14 PM

Ben is an elite level coach and Adidas friend of the company. All coaches aren't equal in the minds of these shoe companies. Howland puts players into the NBA, these shoe companies have been giving money to these kids and their families for years, they want the return on investment on these guys. Adidas will pump a lot more money in to help out Howland then they do to help for example Rick Ray, due to Howlnd's track record of producing NBA players.