PDA

View Full Version : Added Howland benefit...

I seen it dawg
03-23-2015, 04:15 PM
He brings immediate cache to the athletic department. Dan and John work hard and are good...but you better believe they better elevate their games with this guy coming in. Rattle that comfort seat and get them a little extra motivated. His resume speaks for itself. He hasnt won a title yet but he been in big position more times.

Men's basketball is no longer anybody's bitch in the Bryan building. Howland can do for the other sports what that Jackie did. Powerful figure with a winning reputation that will drive others to be better.

Come on down Ben and shake up more than the Hump.

mic
03-23-2015, 04:23 PM
100%.

whosyourdawgy
03-23-2015, 04:43 PM
Oh horseshit. Mullen was ranked number 1 for how many weeks last year? And Cohen was in the national title game when? They don't have to step up shit. He'd better come in and make friends with these guys. He is no better no harder worker than Mullen and Cohen and I hope like hell there is none of this feeling in the athletic dept. What I see is 3 top notch coaches in our big 3 now and that is a great thing

Todd4State
03-23-2015, 04:46 PM
Oh horseshit. Mullen was ranked number 1 for how many weeks last year? And Cohen was in the national title game when? They don't have to step up shit. He'd better come in and make friends with these guys. He is no better no harder worker than Mullen and Cohen and I hope like hell there is none of this feeling in the athletic dept. What I see is 3 top notch coaches in our big 3 now and that is a great thing

Probably the best three since the early 90's when we had Jackie, Richard Williams, and Polk.

smootness
03-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Probably the best three since the early 90's when we had Jackie, Richard Williams, and Polk.

It's better than that 3.

Cohen may be slightly < Polk
Mullen >> Sherrill
Howland >>>>>>> Williams

I seen it dawg
03-23-2015, 05:16 PM

Having a third top notch coach filling out the big 3 is a good thing. Competition exists among coaches and 3 good ones is better than 2. It wasn't a shot at either of the others but just another good thing Howland brings. It's not a "this is my house now thing."

So you would rather them just rest on being ranked number 1 for a few weeks or having 1 national title series appearance? Yeah let's just stop there. Throttle it down bitch.

engie
03-23-2015, 05:21 PM
Cohen isn't < the 1991/92 version of Ron Polk -- or any version that came thereafter...

smootness
03-23-2015, 05:28 PM
Cohen isn't < the 1991/92 version of Ron Polk -- or any version that came thereafter...

That's probably true, I just wanted to be fair that Polk could have still been at the tail end of his run at that point.

No matter what, this is the best group of coaches we've ever had, and there are very few schools in the entire country who can match what we have in those 3 sports right now.

mic
03-23-2015, 05:43 PM

One thing we aren't going to have to worry about is the hunger CBH is going to bring.. His arrival is just going to make Dan and John work and grind more. If CDM and Cohen don't both go into Ben's office and pick his brain about his experiences and his success they are missing out .. I'm sure they will... And vice versa I'm sure Ben will pick both CDM and Cohen about things here.. Competition between coaches is great.. Look want Donavan has done at a football school.. He and Urban were a bad ass combo together.. Just think about the possible ex players that played for CBH that could be positive to our program now.. Westbrook, Love , Ect...

All of this is something that RR and Stands for that matter didn't bring and couldn't bring to the table with Cohen and Dan...
Having a big time coach ( I actually think he is more big time that JWS was at the time ) is huge not just for basketball but all of Athletics..

mic
03-23-2015, 05:44 PM
It's better than that 3.

Cohen may be slightly < Polk
Mullen >> Sherrill
Howland >>>>>>> Williams

It's the best 3 we have had here at one time period...

dickiedawg
03-23-2015, 06:42 PM
I agree he will be one hungry sumbitch. You think it sticks in his craw that he doesn't have a national title?

He's coming to win and win big.