PDA

View Full Version : Do we have to get College Board approval for the hire?

Maroons
03-23-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm ignorant about the process but saw where they're meeting at 4:00 today.

War Machine Dawg
03-23-2015, 03:31 PM
It's a formality. The only time they wake up is when they're trying to block us from getting a real President.

Maroons
03-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Right - just wondering if that's why we haven't announced a press conference.

godlluB
03-23-2015, 03:33 PM
THe IHL board isn't likely to convene an emergency meeting to approve him so I assume this meeting was already on the schedule. They don't like adding things to their agenda at the last minute either, so I doubt this has anything to do with our basketball coach.

IHL approval isn't necessary for MSU to announce a hire, they just include the phrase "pending approval of the Board of the Institutes of Higher Learning". The board can then officially approve the hire next month.

curmudgeon
03-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Maintenance workers and secretaries have to have IHL approval.

Its a formality. They do not concern themselves with athletic hires.

Liverpooldawg
03-23-2015, 05:09 PM
The IHL board will be meeting a lot over the next few weeks and it has little to nothing to do with us. They have kicked over a fire ant hill up the road.

nsvltndog
03-23-2015, 05:14 PM
Agreed, the IHL probably doesn't even realize we have a basketball head coach opening yet b/c they are so preoccupied circling the wagons to figure out how to deal with their self created disaster of firing Dan Jones. That falls into the "you can't make this stuff up category" - he was an awesome leader for them. I would have expected the IHL to do something like this to an MSU President having too much success, but not someone doing a great job in Oxford.

Liverpooldawg
03-23-2015, 05:26 PM
Agreed, the IHL probably doesn't even realize we have a basketball head coach opening yet b/c they are so preoccupied circling the wagons to figure out how to deal with their self created disaster of firing Dan Jones. That falls into the "you can't make this stuff up category" - he was an awesome leader for them. I would have expected the IHL to do something like this to an MSU President having too much success, but not someone doing a great job in Oxford.

It does seem like something they would do to us. That is an interesting situation to say the least. If UMC gets split away from them it will really hit the fan.