PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhh nooooo....Rodney Hood injures his Achilles tendon

Coach34
06-27-2013, 12:14 PM
@AndyGlockner: Got confirm from USA Basketball on an injury from last night. Rodney Hood has an "injured right Achilles."

:(

tenureplan
06-27-2013, 12:21 PM
@AndyGlockner: Got confirm from USA Basketball on an injury from last night. Rodney Hood has an "injured right Achilles."

:(

No Ill will, but it wouldn't have happened had he stayed. Not to mention that had he played at state this past year, he may have been in the upcoming draft. Hope he can recover and didn't waste his chance at millions.

TexasDawg
06-27-2013, 12:23 PM
The top of this draft is very weak this year, had he stayed at State for just one more year he would have easily been a lottery pick. Next years draft is supposed to be stacked. Good luck to him though

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2013, 01:15 PM
I know this may sound evil, but I just don't feel sorry for him. He walked out on his state and his teammates. Now he will come back to MS looking for help or a job, and I would just say "sorry, You walked out on us."

LiterallyPolice
06-27-2013, 01:22 PM
I know this may sound evil, but I just don't feel sorry for him. He walked out on his state and his teammates. Now he will come back to MS looking for help or a job, and I would just say "sorry, You walked out on us."

You're right, it does sound evil. Hood had to make a business decision potentially worth millions of dollars. At the time Hood decided to transfer, our program was a dumpster fire and Ray was an unknown quantity. It would have been a big risk for him to stay.

I wish he would have stayed, but he's not a bad person for leaving. He played well for us and gave us his best. I wish him the best.

msstate7
06-27-2013, 02:10 PM

I don't wish him ill, but like you, I don't feel sorry for him. He left his team mates to suffer through a very tough year without him. If Damian Lillard can be the 6th pick (2012) out of weber state, why couldn't hood be a lottery pick from miss state?

Political Hack
06-27-2013, 04:58 PM
hope it's not serious. Sitting out that long for any kid is unfair.

That said, if his dad twists his ankle I'd probably laugh.

sleepy dawg
06-27-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm not sure if it's evil or not, but I do think it's normal to feel this way. The old saying, "Nothing personal, just business" is garbage. Business decisions affect personal lives. His business decision affected me and my passions negatively. He left his teammates and his school when they needed him the most. He may or may not have made the right business decision, but part of that decision was to turn his back on many who have helped him and loved him and cheered for him along the way.
If you want to turn your back on me, that's your decision, but **** you for doing it. I'll hold a grudge till the day I die. So **** you Rodney Hood, I hope you injure your Achilles tendon.

PMDawg
06-27-2013, 08:07 PM
This thread....ah it's no use. Smh.

Hump4Hoops
06-27-2013, 08:27 PM
No Ill will, but it wouldn't have happened had he stayed.

You're right, it would have been a torn ACL instead.

msstate7
06-27-2013, 09:07 PM
You're right, it would have been a torn ACL instead.
Nice.