PDA

View Full Version : Well, Cowherd just said

TexasDawg
06-27-2013, 11:14 AM
TSUN is gonna win 9-10 games not including a bowl game. I just do not see that at all.

BeastMan
06-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Look at their first 7 games on their schedule. That will tell their season and by that I mean the difference in 4-5 win season to 7 wins regular season tops

HancockCountyDog
06-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Totally agree, I think if everything breaks there way they win 7 games.

This 9-10 games BS is just ESPN having to back up all the garbage they put on my television for 8 hours about the bears and Freezus.

After Vandy kicks their teeth in I think the 9 win crowd is going to look really silly.

Coach34
06-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Cowherd saying that makes me feel better actually

@Vandy
SE Missouri St
@Texas
OFF
@Alabama
@Auburn
Texas A&M
LSU

If they win 9-10 games with a starting schedule like that- then Freezus really is the Messiah

Raytoraid83
06-27-2013, 12:23 PM
National media keeps sipping the koolaid putting more and more pressure on ole miss. I love it.

msstate7
06-27-2013, 12:33 PM
National media keeps sipping the koolaid putting more and more pressure on ole miss. I love it.

I agree with this. Last year they came out hungry trying to prove they belong. This whole offseason everyone has told them how great they are. If they start 1-3 (very possible), they could collapse under expectations

TexasDawg
06-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Their QB can't even throw yet, there is no way in hell they win 9-10 regular season games. That would have them as good as A&M was last year. I'm not buying that shit.

Ronny
06-27-2013, 01:02 PM
..is an ancient mystic soothsayer.

Never doubt the sacred revelation of the Cowherd lest you suffer a curse.

ShotgunDawg
06-27-2013, 01:10 PM

I usually like Cowherd, but he was fed some bad info on that. Vegas has our over under at 5 games, but I think it should have been 6. I think we have a greater chance of winning 7 than winning 4.

We must remember that Vegas has sucker bets. After OM's recruiting class, to many people, there is a perception that they are much better than they really are.

FlabLoser
06-27-2013, 01:20 PM
Last year at this time, Vegas has OM's over under at 6 or 7 games. Nearly every MSU person thought they were nuts and a lot of people had them pegged for 3 wins and bet the under.

Pollodawg
06-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Cowherd picked Michigan in the 2011 Gator Bowl too..........Said Rich Rod was a great coach.

I seen it dawg
06-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Cowherd is a west coast guy that doesn't know shit about the SEC. He is a traditional name school guy.

FISHDAWG
06-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Cowherd is more basketball than baseball, and more baseball than football, and more pro sports than college sports ... in other words, whatever he says about college football doesn't mean crap .... Phil Steel > Collin Cowherd

maroonmania
06-27-2013, 04:31 PM

He could just as likely have been talking about us. Nobody that works for ESPN knows the difference between the 2 teams anyway.

msstate7
06-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Cowherd is a west coast guy that doesn't know shit about the SEC. He is a traditional name school guy.
I agree. If he had no notes in front of him, I doubt seriously he could name 3 current bears.

theloungeinleft
06-27-2013, 04:45 PM
He could just as likely have been talking about us. Nobody that works for ESPN knows the difference between the 2 teams anyway.

Truth be told.

sleepy dawg
06-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Hype gets you nothing but disappointment. Haven't we been through enough of our own? Let them think they will win 10 games + bowl. That's just further to fall.

fishwater99
06-27-2013, 04:58 PM
TSUN is gonna win 9-10 games not including a bowl game. I just do not see that at all.

No way they win more than 8. No way in Hell...

QuadrupleOption
06-28-2013, 01:01 PM

Me either. It reminds me of the pre-2010 season hype for them being a national title contender, only there's even less reason for it this year.

MSU and Central Arkansas were the only two teams they beat last year that had winning records.

In other words, when they crash and burn this Fall I will enjoy the taste of their salty tears.

biscuit
06-28-2013, 08:41 PM
I still say 5 to 7 wins.....Just enough to keep the bear fans hopeful

Todd4State
06-28-2013, 10:39 PM
Me either. It reminds me of the pre-2010 season hype for them being a national title contender, only there's even less reason for it this year.

MSU and Central Arkansas were the only two teams they beat last year that had winning records.

In other words, when they crash and burn this Fall I will enjoy the taste of their salty tears.

That has always been my thought. Who did they really beat? WE were the best team that they beat. That was at home, they were extra motivated, and we had some chemistry issues on the coaching staff that I believe we have taken care of.

If Bobby Petrino doesn't mess around, I think Arkansas would have been stable enough to beat them last year. Heck, they had to kick a last second field goal to beat them.

But also like people are saying- I don't think they really had very high expectations except maybe hopefully win the Egg Bowl. At some point, they are going to expect Freeze to beat someone worthwhile, which is actually kind of ironic since that's what they have accused Dan of not doing despite the fact that he beaten a few winning teams over the years. Especially with what he is allegedly bringing in. If they are still a 6-6 type team they are going to start to wonder if they are squandering talent and why.

Todd4State
06-28-2013, 10:40 PM
I still say 5 to 7 wins.....Just enough to keep the bear fans hopeful

I would think 5 would be a let down for them. 7 might be a let down maybe depending on who they beat.

Todd4State
06-28-2013, 10:42 PM

I don't either. That would mean them winning all of their swing games and beating one out of LSU, Texas A&M, Texas, and Alabama.

Coach34
06-28-2013, 11:06 PM
They think Freezus is going to walk into Starkville and wax our ass again. When we win on Thanksgiving, Freezus will be taken down a peg

fishwater99
06-28-2013, 11:48 PM
They think Freezus is going to walk into Starkville and wax our ass again. When we win on Thanksgiving, Freezus will be taken down a peg

Its a must win for Mullen.

Pollodawg
06-29-2013, 11:31 AM

Yeah, I see that a lot. It only took the best team they've ever had verses the worst team we've ever had for that to happen last time, right? Yeah, totally see that happening. You know what would be an awsome thumb in the eye, if we were able--but we're not due to Nike and us not being on speaking terms--if we had The Kang lead the team on the field in the throw back jerseys. I could cry a little lol. It could be a tenth anniversary of his last game kind of thing.

Coach34
06-29-2013, 11:58 AM
I would try to get Jackie to speak to the team on Monday about the importance of the game, mental preparation during the week, etc so that they live that game all week...

And I agree Fish- Mullen has to win this one simply from a perception standpoint- regardless of how each other's season turns out

TexasDawg
06-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Absolute must win no questions asked. If we lose to them again we also lose every ounce of momentum we may have built over the past 4 years. The series would be completely in their favor and their recruiting would only continue to improve. We can not let that happen.

Pollodawg
06-29-2013, 01:52 PM
If Mullen loses to them in Starkville, something Croom never even managed to do, I hope he's promptly shown the door.

TexasDawg
06-29-2013, 01:57 PM
If Mullen loses to them in Starkville, something Croom never even managed to do, I hope he's promptly shown the door.

I wouldn't be ready to give up on him yet, but the seat would definitely become a little bit warmer

Coach34
06-29-2013, 02:11 PM

his buyout is about $7MM- anything short of him banging a goat at midfield while the Famous Maroon Band plays, Mullen will be our coach in 2014

HancockCountyDog
06-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Because as much as I hate to admit it, their 2014 team should be extremely solid.

Coach34
06-29-2013, 02:50 PM
Because as much as I hate to admit it, their 2014 team should be extremely solid.

they will lose 3 starters on the OL, Moncrief, Scott...but yeah, they will be pretty good in 2014.

Home teams are 12-2 in the last 14 Egg Bowls, I like our chances

Todd4State
06-29-2013, 02:57 PM
his buyout is about $7MM- anything short of him banging a goat at midfield while the Famous Maroon Band plays, Mullen will be our coach in 2014

Not to mention he would probably become our version of David Cutcliffe. Hey Dan! Thanks for the two NYD bowls, but...

And for the record, I will submit Coach's idea to Mrs. Lance. His idea of a halftime show is better than what she usually comes up with.

dawgoneyall
06-30-2013, 10:18 PM
He could show the team a castrated bear. Hey, hey Boo Boo.