PDA

View Full Version : Rumor I was just told about

NeshobaChuck
03-23-2015, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure how true it is but has anyone heard about a rumor of Horatio possibly being named the 4th Assistant job under Howland?

smootness
03-23-2015, 09:08 AM
I thought there were only 3 assistants. Is the 4th some kind of off-court job?

NeshobaChuck
03-23-2015, 09:10 AM
Idk that's just what I was told just wonder if he actually has a masters to coach if so why isn't he coaching anywhere

NeshobaChuck
03-23-2015, 09:11 AM
Or he's hired to be the bigs coach and get rid of George Brooks(please)

RougeDawg
03-23-2015, 09:14 AM
Idk that's just what I was told just wonder if he actually has a masters to coach if so why isn't he coaching anywhere

It's possible that he wanted to be there and see his kid grow up and now he can still be there for him and finally get to coach, if it's something he desired to do.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-23-2015, 09:28 AM
I'll be completely shocked & blown away if Horatio is on our staff. I don't see this happening at all. Could be totally wrong but I don't see it.

quickstrike2
03-23-2015, 09:31 AM
I could see how that rumor would get started, but I wouldn't think it has legs. If we could get Malik here by doing something with Horatio in a minor role, I am all for it.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-23-2015, 09:35 AM
I could see how that rumor would get started, but I wouldn't think it has legs. If we could get Malik here by doing something with Horatio in a minor role, I am all for it.

Yea give him a recruiting office job like Shea Patterson's brother got but you don't give a guy a D1 asst coaching job who's never coached a day in his life for a 1 & done kid..... Unless his name is Lebron James.

Coach34
03-23-2015, 09:41 AM
Here is what I know:

Horatio wants Malik close to home if possible. That means LSU, State, and God-forbid Ole Missus. We just made ourselves a viable option now. So from here- we do what it takes to close the deal

fishwater99
03-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Yea give him a recruiting office job like Shea Patterson's brother got but you don't give a guy a D1 asst coaching job who's never coached a day in his life for a 1 & done kid..... Unless his name is Lebron James.

Horatio has been Malik's one on one coach since he was 7 years old. I think he has done a good job with his son.

msstate7
03-23-2015, 09:57 AM
We're assuming Webster even wants an assistant job. He may not want any part of it

Ifyouonlyknew
03-23-2015, 10:05 AM
Horatio has been Malik's one on one coach since he was 7 years old. I think he has done a good job with his son.

His son was the 1 who started getting Horatio up to come to the gym with him. His son is the 1 who had the crazy drive & work ethic to become great. No doubt Horatio did all he could to help Malik but that doesn't change the fact he's not a coach. Me working with my son everyday on his game doesn't qualify me to coach at a Power 5 school in D1. It just doesn't. I want Malik as bad as the next guy but hiring Horatio IMO isn't the way to go.

Coach34
03-23-2015, 10:14 AM
Malik has gone head to head with another Bulldog a helluva lot to work on his game- The guard from 97-99 era- White

AROB44
03-23-2015, 10:43 AM
Malik has gone head to head with another Bulldog a helluva lot to work on his game- The guard from 97-99 era- White

Ray "get me out of Australia" White?

Ifyouonlyknew
03-23-2015, 10:48 AM

Detrick White

Mjoelner34
03-23-2015, 10:55 AM
Me working with my son everyday on his game doesn't qualify me to coach at a Power 5 school in D1. It just doesn't.

No Dan it doesn't but the work you did at Utah and Florida does. **

tcdog70
03-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Detrick White

Detrick White was a very good Point guard that came with the Big Train from Durant. White was the qb for a Durant team that was undefeated and was also the son of Buford Mcgee--Rebel running back.

War Machine Dawg
03-23-2015, 11:06 AM
Detrick White was a very good Point guard that came with the Big Train from Durant. White was the qb for a Durant team that was undefeated and was also the son of Buford Mcgee--Rebel running back.

I always wished we'd had Detrick or Z at the point on that '05 team. We'd have been ridiculous. As good as Bowers was, keeping him at the 2 would have been huge.