PDA

View Full Version : So did I miss the part about Ray's buyout?

whosyourdawgy
03-22-2015, 10:39 PM
Does he even have one in his contract? I can't remember. Was he renewed to the 4 year max contract after last season? I would hope the Hell not but just asking. How much will we owe Ray for firing him

I seen it dawg
03-22-2015, 10:43 PM
Whatever it is it's worth it and is getting paid without any consternation.

whosyourdawgy
03-22-2015, 10:50 PM
Oh hell yea. No complaints. I'm just wondering how much Ray gets paid for doing nothing next season

I seen it dawg
03-22-2015, 10:53 PM
He hit the damn lottery that's for sure.

PMDawg
03-22-2015, 11:05 PM
He earned his money. He worked his ass off for 3 years. It didnt work out, but it's not from a lack of trying. He had a tough job, he did the best he could, we want better. Say thanks and move on.

whosyourdawgy
03-22-2015, 11:12 PM
Yup I agree Ray did the best he could and is a good dude and does it the right way. It's just a nice profession when you can work your ass off for 3 years and have 3 losing seasons and get fired and be rewarded with a free pile of $$$ for being so mediocre. I wish my job was like that. Jealous more than anything.

Bothrops
03-22-2015, 11:20 PM
Ray is a good guy, I have no problem with the money he made.

I seen it dawg
03-22-2015, 11:23 PM
Nah he did the job asked of him.

War Machine Dawg
03-23-2015, 02:08 AM
Yup I agree Ray did the best he could and is a good dude and does it the right way. It's just a nice profession when you can work your ass off for 3 years and have 3 losing seasons and get fired and be rewarded with a free pile of $$$ for being so mediocre. I wish my job was like that. Jealous more than anything.

Yep, becoming a major college HC is hitting the damn lottery. Even if you're ****ing Crxxms you walk away set for life. Wish these contracts would include losing as an out for non-payment of buyouts.

dickiedawg
03-23-2015, 06:15 AM
Supposedly he has 2 years left as they had a "handshake agreement" of 5 years. The last does not include any kind of buyout. We essentially owe him next year's salary, I believe.

Coach34
03-23-2015, 06:37 AM
I felt like Croons stole from us- falling asleep on recruits couches and shit. I don't feel that way about Ray- he was working hard- he just couldn't reel in enough talent to keep his job

engie
03-23-2015, 08:04 AM
$1mil....

TXDawg
03-23-2015, 08:50 AM
From the transcript of Strickland's press conference:

When did you tell Rick Ray?
We met this morning. He handled it in a first-class way, liked you'd expect. He has two years remaining on his contract. We will obviously honor our commitment.

Doesn't mention what the total buy-out is, but makes it pretty obvious we're going to pay it.

smootness
03-23-2015, 09:01 AM
Nah he did the job asked of him.

Yes, which was to be an SEC head coach. And an SEC head coach gets paid what he was being paid.

I have no clue why people go crazy about the amount a coach makes, even when they're losing. That's simply the going rate for coaches.

Coach34
03-23-2015, 09:34 AM

We met this morning. He handled it in a first-class way, liked you'd expect. He has two years remaining on his contract. We will obviously honor our commitment.

Doesn't mention what the total buy-out is, but makes it pretty obvious we're going to pay it.

I kept trying to tell everyone Ray had 2 more years

Ifyouonlyknew
03-23-2015, 09:36 AM
I kept trying to tell everyone Ray had 2 more years

Yes he did they had a handshake agreement but he didn't have a buyout for the 2nd year. He'll get his salary for next year & we'll be done with it.

engie
03-23-2015, 09:37 AM

You missed this part...

Stricklin said the school will owe “a portion” of that salary, but that the contract is not fully guaranteed.
= owed one year, but had a handshake agreement in place for the second.

maroonmania
03-23-2015, 09:38 AM
I felt like Croons stole from us- falling asleep on recruits couches and shit. I don't feel that way about Ray- he was working hard- he just couldn't reel in enough talent to keep his job

Obviously talent was the primary issue of why we didn't perform better under Ray but 2 areas I feel he failed in coaching was developing our team more on the offensive end and the ability to make in-game adjustments. No other comment needed about our offense but I saw way too many games where we came out like gang busters and got a lead and then the other team adjusted to whatever we were doing and we in turn had no answer. Was just another reason why so many teams seemed to leave us in the dust in the second half.