PDA

View Full Version : Our best lineup

justwin
03-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Robson - really like him top of the order. he fights over every pitch.
C. Brown - he's proven he can hit doubles and fights every pitch. has the ability to get robson on 3rd for heck or even drive him home from 1st. Has power and can hit homeruns. Plus, he seems like an up tempo guy, enthusiastic player that can get the team going.
Heck - he's a singles, contact hitter. can bunt. high likelihood he can score robson from 2nd with 1 out or less.
Collins - punisher. he'll hit the ball hard with 2 outs and doesn't get fooled
Hump - he's figuring it out. good job by Cohen "investing" in him early on with the ABs as he's trending into a difference maker that he can be.
Rea - Mr. RBI. Great eye at the plate. He can drive home any of 3 in front of him from any base.
3b - biggest liability on the team regardless of spruill, britton, holland, etc. it'll be hard to drive rea in from 2nd anyway so hide your weakness here.
DH - Start the game with Rooker & continue to invest in his power and give him 2 early abs then potentially swap to Vickerson. Save Lovelady to sub Collins or a late inning clutch hit.
Gridley @ 2b. He's earned every day starter. Never Ks and great tablesetter for Robson & Cody.

Odd man out is Smith b/c Cody and Robson have proven they deserve to be every day starters. He's a pinch runner though.

I think Gridley through Rea should be good for 4-7 runs/game. Question is whether our pitchers can win with that many runs?

Need to beat the hell out of Auburn next weekend and build off the last 10 innings of offense.

Go Dawgs!

Bully13
03-22-2015, 08:17 PM
any lineup without Cohen with his thumb stuck straight up his ass will suit me fine.

I seen it dawg
03-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Robson cf
Heck
Collins rf/c
Brown LF
Hump Dh/LF see 7 hole
Rea 1b
Holland, Spruill, Britton platoon situation, Rooker at DH if Collins catches and Hump goes to left
Lovelady/walker, if Collins catches then the 3 guys above from 7 hole
Gridley

Drugdog
03-22-2015, 09:34 PM
any lineup without Cohen with his thumb stuck straight up his ass will suit me fine.

You are correct Sir. I salute you.

shoeless joe
03-22-2015, 09:47 PM
Brown, Collins, and hump are our best hitters rite now. I want them hitting as much as possible. I like Robson leading off. After that I go brown, Collins, hump in that order. Heck would be a decent 5 followed by rea. After that Cohen can mix and match and do what he wants. I just want the best hitters getting the most at bats over the course of the season.

Todd4State
03-22-2015, 10:08 PM
C- Collins. The question is can he put his injury behind him? I think people saw this weekend the difference a healthy Collins makes in our offense and how much we missed him. If he can't catch, we have to go with Lovelady and hopefully can stick Collins at DH.

INF- Rea is a mainstay, I think Gridley is better than Holland and should keep playing, I think Britton may be starting to turn it around and has a history of performing well late in the year, and Heck is a mainstay.

OF- Cody Brown has earned his spot, Robson is still playing well, and Humphreys is our top power guy.

DH- I would prefer Rooker if Collins is healthy enough to catch. Vickerson has had a good year, and I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Smith gets it together by the end of the year.

1. Heck- he has really high batting average leading off still. I think he turns it around soon.
2. Robson
3. Collins
4. Humphreys
5. Rea
6. Cody Brown
7. Gridley
8. Britton
9. Rooker

Smitty
03-22-2015, 11:09 PM
Heck SS
Collins C
Robson CF
Humphreys DH
Brown RF
Rea 1B
Britton 3B
Gridley/Holland 2B
Vickerson LF

I seen it dawg
03-22-2015, 11:21 PM
Heck SS
Collins C
Robson CF
Humphreys DH
Brown RF
Rea 1B
Britton 3B
Gridley/Holland 2B
Vickerson LF

I'm glad you finally see Robson in the lineup, now.....please explain why Collins should ever hit in the 2 hole...

I seen it dawg
03-22-2015, 11:28 PM
And it's funny how Todd and shitty are so close in lineup...coming around serf

Todd4State
03-22-2015, 11:45 PM
And it's funny how Todd and shitty are so close in lineup...coming around serf

I'm still not hitting Collins second.

War Machine Dawg
03-23-2015, 02:17 AM
1. Robson - CF
2. Heck - SS
3. Collins - C/DH
4. Hump - LF
5. Brown - RF
6. Rea - 1B
7. Rooker/Lovelady - C/DH
8. Britton - 3B
9. Gridley - 2B

If Collins catches, Rooker needs to be DH. If Collins is DH, plug in Lovelady/Walker. I wouldn't be opposed to flipping Britton and Lovelady/Walker when one of those guys in in the lineup. But I really like Gridley for the 9 hole as an extra "leadoff" man at the bottom of the order. And if you want to get really unorthodox, flip Gridley & Heck. Gridley gets the benefit of being sandwiched between Robson & Collins and you get a true battler in Heck at 9 to turn over the order.

shoeless joe
03-23-2015, 06:49 AM
I'm glad you finally see Robson in the lineup, now.....please explain why Collins should ever hit in the 2 hole...

I actually wouldn't mind someone like Collins hitting in the 2 spot IF we have decided not to to bunt in the 1st. We need our best hitters to get the most at bats. The higher in the line up they are the more at bats they get.
Personally I'd go brown 2, Collins 3. Brown needs to be in the top 3 rite now fore sure.

Coach34
03-23-2015, 07:32 AM
I'd like to thank everyone for finally seeing what I Seen It and myself saw a month ago- Robson needs to be at the top of the order or 2nd. Carry on

(I was wrong about Hump tho- he is one of the few hitters we have with some testicles- I don't care what his average is- he needs to hit)

Smitty
03-23-2015, 07:39 AM

2 hole more important than 3 hole.. 3 hole is for 5th best hitter. 3 hole comes up more with 0 on base and 2 out, don't want best hitters there.

I seen it dawg
03-23-2015, 08:23 AM
2 hole more important than 3 hole.. 3 hole is for 5th best hitter. 3 hole comes up more with 0 on base and 2 out, don't want best hitters there.

It was wrong last year and it's wrong now. Not going to re argue this one.

I seen it dawg
03-23-2015, 08:24 AM
1. Robson - CF
2. Heck - SS
3. Collins - C/DH
4. Hump - LF
5. Brown - RF
6. Rea - 1B
7. Rooker/Lovelady - C/DH
8. Britton - 3B
9. Gridley - 2B

If Collins catches, Rooker needs to be DH. If Collins is DH, plug in Lovelady/Walker. I wouldn't be opposed to flipping Britton and Lovelady/Walker when one of those guys in in the lineup. But I really like Gridley for the 9 hole as an extra "leadoff" man at the bottom of the order. And if you want to get really unorthodox, flip Gridley & Heck. Gridley gets the benefit of being sandwiched between Robson & Collins and you get a true battler in Heck at 9 to turn over the order.

Totally agree on Gridley. It's why I like him 9. I could hit Hump 4 but I like Brown between our 2 biggest power threats to break up the 2 rights for late game situational opponents pitching.