PDA

View Full Version : here is what may be the latest on Howland

Bully13
03-22-2015, 06:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12539192/ben-howland-front-runner-vacant-mississippi-state-bulldogs-job-college-basketball

War Machine Dawg
03-22-2015, 07:39 PM
It's going to be a long damn wait until Tuesday and/or tomorrow to see if we announce a presser. Gotta think if we do make that announcement, it's Howland. If we get past Tuesday with no announcement, we're scrambling for Plan B.

dawgoneyall
03-22-2015, 07:46 PM
If we are his option B then 17 him.

We don't have to accept being option B. Never.

But he may have contacted us to begin?

Bully13
03-22-2015, 07:47 PM
what worries me is nothing from 34 or Shannon in the last few. did gene burst their bubble? or are they hanging out with their families which is what my dumbass self should be doing?

17 this, I'm just going to let this shit play out.. time to move on to more important things like life. being hooked on MSU is not always very great for life.

War Machine Dawg
03-22-2015, 07:50 PM

Ummm.....I meant he's out of the picture and we're the ones looking at Plan B. Not that WE are HIS Plan B.

msstate7
03-22-2015, 07:51 PM
delete

dawgoneyall
03-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Not to you was I responding but the EspN article.

Coach34
03-22-2015, 07:55 PM
A small part of me does worry about him using us as leverage somewhere else. But with 2 different people I know saying announcement Tuesday- I have to believe he told us yes and right now Strick is hammering details with his agent while Howland is putting together a staff

Dawgface
03-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Plus Gene saying its not going to happen. Just his opinion or sources telling him that? You would think from sources considering he's running an MSU site.

engie
03-22-2015, 08:00 PM

You mean -- you are mad at him because -- in the preseason of this season -- he was hoping to end up at a school that has won championships but will not be having a coaching search this year -- instead of dreaming of Starkvegas? Seriously?

Jacksondevildog
03-22-2015, 08:00 PM
Hopefully these two different people didn't get the info off of a message board.

MaxedOutMaroon
03-22-2015, 08:01 PM
Although I would prefer him to stay the long run, I would rather him bolt for another job if it meant he would have extraordinary success at MSU than us looking for a coach for the reasons right now.

civildawg
03-22-2015, 08:08 PM
Although I would prefer him to stay the long run, I would rather him bolt for another job if it meant he would have extraordinary success at MSU than us looking for a coach for the reasons right now.

Exactly

Bully13
03-22-2015, 08:11 PM
if we sign Holland, gene will go from the biggest douche to even something bigger... we're talking maybe even getting a reverse tea bag while wallacing big..

Coach34
03-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Hopefully these two different people didn't get the info off of a message board.

uhhhh no

Coach34
03-22-2015, 08:21 PM
I feel good about this for two reasons:

1. All the big jobs that are going to be open are already open. DePaul just isn't a good job anymore. Bama is courting Crean and Prohm. So I like our chances there

2. His boy at LSU stepping down. May just be coincidence- but we started talking to Howland midweek and then McKay resigns at LSU.

msstate7
03-22-2015, 08:23 PM

1. All the big jobs that are going to be open are already open. DePaul just isn't a good job anymore. Bama is courting Crean and Prohm. So I like our chances there

2. His boy at LSU stepping down. May just be coincidence- but we started talking to Howland midweek and then McKay resigns at LSU.

Indiana could open. If it does, someone could leave a good program, then there would be that opening

bluelightstar
03-22-2015, 08:25 PM

If you're talking about McCray at LSU, he left before last season.

03-22-2015, 08:30 PM
I have to believe he told us yes and right now Strick is hammering details with his agent while Howland is putting together a staff

Strick was very phone focused today in Durham FWIW.

preachermatt83
03-22-2015, 08:32 PM

Coach is not always right
but when he is
its when he says this
#staythirstymyfriends

Ifyouonlyknew
03-22-2015, 08:36 PM
Plus Gene saying its not going to happen. Just his opinion or sources telling him that? You would think from sources considering he's running an MSU site.

Just for the record Gene has said it could happen later this week. So that not gonna happen talk went away real fast.

SapperDawg
03-22-2015, 08:40 PM
if we sign Holland, gene will go from the biggest douche to even something bigger... we're talking maybe even getting a reverse tea bag while wallacing big..

This made me laugh. A lot.

Political Hack
03-22-2015, 08:44 PM
I was told at 5 PM this afternoon from someone who would know that Howland will be announced Tuesday. Also, if this person is wrong, then the administration is once again pissing off the wrong people and John Wooden himself won't rescue us.

Now he could be pulling the ole oopty oop on us to fish for a better offer, but he won't let this one pass him by unless someone else calls today or tomorrow. If he tries to delay, we'd be idiots to not move on immediately.

Political Hack
03-22-2015, 08:46 PM
This made me laugh. A lot.

bigger than when he said the OU OC being our next head football coach about 24 hours before Dan got off a plane wearing a maroon jacket?

preachermatt83
03-22-2015, 08:48 PM
I was told at 5 PM this afternoon from someone who would know that Howland will be announced Tuesday. Also, if this person is wrong, then the administration is once again pissing off the wrong people and John Wooden himself won't rescue us.

Now he could be pulling the ole oopty oop on us to fish for a better offer, but he won't let this one pass him by unless someone else calls today or tomorrow. If he tries to delay, we'd be idiots to not move on immediately.

nailed it.

Dawgface
03-22-2015, 08:49 PM
Just for the record Gene has said it could happen later this week. So that not gonna happen talk went away real fast.

Yeah.....I just saw that. I think PH is right. He will either be announced early in the week or we move onto plan B.

Bully13
03-22-2015, 08:52 PM
bigger than when he said the OU OC being our next head football coach about 24 hours before Dan got off a plane wearing a maroon jacket?\

at the time yes, but in the present, no.

Bully13
03-22-2015, 08:53 PM

good stuff hack, thank you

SapperDawg
03-22-2015, 09:16 PM
bigger than when he said the OU OC being our next head football coach about 24 hours before Dan got off a plane wearing a maroon jacket?

Oh yes. I actually made a username on SPS called "StacheByrne" after that BS announcement, and have not visited his site since then. I find humor in Gene and his white boy 'fro being teabagged at the goal line by Nikoe.

dawgoneyall
03-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Not mad.

Just not acceptable.

You can be second class....not I.

MSU doesn't have accept any plan B by any one.

That attitude is not acceptable.

dawgoneyall
03-22-2015, 09:34 PM
Not mad.

Just not acceptable.

Posted some where else by mistake.........

dawgoneyall
03-22-2015, 09:36 PM
Damn.

this was to engie.

What the 17 on the placement???

engie
03-22-2015, 09:38 PM
Not mad.

Just not acceptable.

First you should understand the meaning of the term "plan b" before going off on ridiculous rants. But I already know that's asking too much...

You're right. We should only accept applications from people across the country that profess MSU as their lifelong dream job a year ahead of them having any real success or interest from the school, when there isn't a job opening and in spite of most likely never being on campus. That is the winning approach -- and I don't know why we haven't thought of it already**

mstatefan91
03-22-2015, 09:43 PM
Not mad.

Just not acceptable.

Bless your heart

yjnkdawg
03-22-2015, 09:50 PM
First you should understand the meaning of the term "plan b" before going off on ridiculous rants. But I already know that's asking too much...

You're right. We should only accept applications from people across the country that profess MSU as their lifelong dream job a year ahead of them having any real success or interest from the school, when there isn't a job opening and in spite of most likely never being on campus. That is the winning approach -- and I don't know why we haven't thought of it already**

Wow,great idea** as that would really shorten the process and narrow the list down to something like zero proven top quality coaches making an application.

War Machine Dawg
03-22-2015, 09:51 PM
Not mad.

Just not acceptable.

http://i.imgur.com/uVBKFGK.gif

http://i.imgur.com/AJnQKF6.gif

dawgoneyall
03-22-2015, 11:03 PM
Now you are being stupid.

17 off.

dawgoneyall
03-22-2015, 11:07 PM
Thanks. I feel much better.

War Machine Dawg
03-23-2015, 02:23 AM
Thanks. I feel much better.

Talking to yourself, I see. I believe we've finally seen the Return of Goat. Damn, this board has been great without him the last few months.