PDA

View Full Version : If it's not Howland...

rabbitthedawg
03-22-2015, 05:45 PM
...then finding a coach is going to be a mess. Hope what we're hearing is true or this could be a cluster you know what!

TheRef
03-22-2015, 05:54 PM
If we don't get Howland, I would be okay with Ray Harper, head coach of Western Kentucky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Harper

Dawgface
03-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Wouldn't it be the shits if this turns out to be like last time.

shoeless joe
03-22-2015, 06:12 PM
How it's lookin now it's seeming more like the petersen situation.

msstate7
03-22-2015, 06:13 PM

Explain

Bully13
03-22-2015, 06:14 PM
Wouldn't it be the shits if this turns out to be like last time.

yep. fwiw, over on the pack they're claiming a presser on Tue. the thread on Howland started so good then major buzz kill. 2 solid threads on Howland have gone to shit. chris peterson all over again. after the way we ended the football season, basketball was a joke, baseball team playing like shit, I could really use me some Howland right about now.

Bully13
03-22-2015, 06:15 PM
Explain

no ****?

runwildjerious
03-22-2015, 06:19 PM

I have no clue whatsoever if this will turn out to be true, but this is a completely different situation.

With Petersen there was a fan blog (Michigan State maybe?) that reported interest. With Howland major media outlets are reporting it. Hopefully, they have legitimate sources, but this is not the same thing.

Bully13
03-22-2015, 06:27 PM
I have no clue whatsoever if this will turn out to be true, but this is a completely different situation.

With Petersen there was a fan blog (Michigan State maybe?) that reported interest. With Howland major media outlets are reporting it. Hopefully, they have legitimate sources, but this is not the same thing.

there were multiple message board "reports" that chris peterson to MSU was all but a done deal. remember it like it was yesterday. then we get 2 positive threads that has everybody convinced Howland is a "done deal"...

same shit, different day if we don't get Howland.

shoeless joe
03-22-2015, 06:27 PM
Explain

JMO on how I feel about it.

Hopefully it's howland... Would be my #1 choice. But I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if it's not him.

msstate7
03-22-2015, 06:28 PM
JMO on how I feel about it.

Hopefully it's howland... Would be my #1 choice. But I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked if it's not him.

I'm doubtful myself. I thought you were saying that based on some reports

msstate7
03-22-2015, 06:32 PM
Gary Parrish tweets

Also worth noting on Ben Howland: Mississippi State is an adidas school and Howland has strong ties to adidas. Probably not a coincidence.

Really Clark?
03-22-2015, 06:33 PM
there were multiple message board "reports" that chris peterson to MSU was all but a done deal. remember it like it was yesterday. then we get 2 positive threads that has everybody convinced Howland is a "done deal"...

same shit, different day if we don't get Howland.

Yeah because message board reports is the same as Andy Katz, CBS, ESPN, 247, etc who are all reporting this as definite smoke to the situation. Big difference in the Peterson deal. Which truthfully did have legs but it didn't work out. You do know that coaches have actually excepted jobs before, have it announced, even a press conference and then they change their minds. It's a coaching search. It will be fluid.