PDA

View Full Version : Does the new coach need to have an offense to fit MS?

Tbonewannabe
03-21-2015, 08:46 PM
MS usually produces great athletes which would probably suit an uptempo offense. Does that matter or are we just going after the best coach available? When we hired Mullen his offense actually fits MS players.

dickiedawg
03-21-2015, 09:42 PM
The new coach needs to have an offense.

msstate7
03-21-2015, 09:45 PM
What type of offense would that be? Full court press and try to score in transition?

Dawg61
03-21-2015, 10:01 PM
MS usually produces great athletes which would probably suit an uptempo offense. Does that matter or are we just going after the best coach available? When we hired Mullen his offense actually fits MS players.

**** no! I am tired as **** of the current type of player we are consistently signing from MS and AL and even GA. They have elementary level basketball minds. They have no mental skills. They don't understand basketball and they don't understand what it takes skill wise to be a good player. Let's start recruiting smarter players please. Players that understand what the **** they are supposed to be doing.

Tbonewannabe
03-21-2015, 10:20 PM
I was thinking about the Florida Gulf Coast offense.

Brad Stevens
03-21-2015, 10:25 PM
**** no! I am tired as **** of the current type of player we are consistently signing from MS and AL and even GA. They have elementary level basketball minds. They have no mental skills. They don't understand basketball and they don't understand what it takes skill wise to be a good player. Let's start recruiting smarter players please. Players that understand what the **** they are supposed to be doing.

That's funny. I'm absent for a few months, and you go from wanting to recruit the highest scoring JUCO players you can google, to taking my position? You have learned well, my son.

War Machine Dawg
03-22-2015, 12:29 AM
I'd kill to see us bring in a 40 Minutes of Hell type system. Even if we suck, it would be fun to watch. But I think that system would fit perfectly with the types of athletes available to the non-elite hoops programs. The intelligent players with good fundamentals are all gobbled up by the likes of Kentucky, UNC, Dook, Kansas, etc. Everyone else is left scraping for guys with either a) insane athleticism but little basketball IQ or b) good basketball IQ but limited athleticism. I say load up on the athletes, which are much more available in the South, and install a system that maximizes their athleticism. Wear out the other team with tempo, create turnovers, and create easy transition buckets.

KB21
03-22-2015, 07:50 AM

This is a function of AAU basketball, where team basketball and smart basketball simply don't exist.