PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Intense Bastard?

Drugdog
03-21-2015, 07:24 PM
Would be nice to see him make an appearance.

starkvegasdawg
03-21-2015, 07:27 PM
Reading Bunting for Dummies in his office.

Drugdog
03-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Reading Bunting for Dummies in his office.

Ahhh. I knew he hasn't been to our "games"

Mjoelner34
03-21-2015, 07:30 PM
Writing Bunting for Dummies in his office.

FIFY

msstate7
03-21-2015, 07:41 PM
He's been replaced by Stuart smalley

Homedawg
03-21-2015, 08:24 PM
Trust me john hasn't quit being intense. He's calmed from being as crazy as he once was. But he still flips out and go nuts.

RougeDawg
03-21-2015, 08:37 PM
EditIng Bunting for Dummies in his office.

Fixed it for us.

I busted out laughing at this one. Nice.

Skydawg1
03-21-2015, 08:43 PM
Would be nice to see him make an appearance.Slowly morphing into Ron Polk.

Homedawg
03-21-2015, 09:17 PM
Slowly morphing into Ron Polk.

This is the most assinine post of the day. You clearly have never spent a day around either.

Skydawg1
03-21-2015, 09:29 PM
This is the most assinine post of the day.
Sweet! Do I get a trophy?

Homedawg
03-21-2015, 09:30 PM
Only because I haven't read them all . But you fit in here, you speak of which you know nothing about. Perfect.

Skydawg1
03-21-2015, 09:35 PM
Only because I haven't read them all . But you fit in here, you speak of which you know nothing about. Perfect.Keep me posted.

Todd4State
03-21-2015, 09:56 PM
I hope he gets intense with Butch because our issues are much easier to fix than a lot of people think despite our talent level. IMO, we lost this series LAST weekend. The reason I say that is because we were throwing out starters for 117, 124, 123, and then we threw Laster for 119 on Tuesday. You can call our starters sissies because Nolan Ryan and Bob Gibson could go out and throw 150-160 back in the day, but the fact of the matter is pitchers in today's game usually aren't conditioned to go that long. And it seems to me a lot of times a guy will have a high pitch count game and then the next start is kind of rough. I expect a rough outing from Tatum for the same reason. And then we probably burned Laster for this weekend beating Eastern Illinois. We'll see if I am right.

The fact of the matter is, we have two guys that are getting the job done or that I think could get the job done out of the bullpen- and that's Laster and Mintz. We only should realistically expect to get 6 out of our starters. It's just the way the game is now.

If it were me:

Fri- Preston followed by Laster.
Sat- Sexton followed by Mintz.
Sun.- Tatum followed by Laster.

If those guys only get through five and it's Mintz turn to pitch, I would use Ross for 1-2 innings. Now, if they feel like Laster is better as a starter we could move Tatum back to the bullpen and basically make where I have Laster above Tatum. OR another option would be to move Fitts back to the starting rotation and make both Tatum and Laster relief guys which might make us a little bit deeper in the bullpen in some ways. That might look something like:

Fri- Preston/Laster
Sat- Sexton/Mintz
Sun- Fitts/Tatum

With Ross filling in gaps for about an inning or so.

Now, as far as midweek- we have five midweek games left. So, not a lot anyway. Which helps when your pitching depth sucks. But basically we could essentially do bullpen games.

Start Laster or Tatum, and let them go about three innings or 50-60 pitches each. That should get us through about 5 innings and up to about 7 if they are really efficient. Then we could go to Ross for one depending on the situation and then finish up with Mintz.

War Machine Dawg
03-22-2015, 12:22 AM
Fitts' PowerPoint and our CWS killed him. We need to dig up his ass, because that guy would get this shit fixed. Mellow Cohen has us looking and playing like assclowns. And I apologize to assclowns for that comparison.